Anyone else really worried about snow!!

Hi Ladies,

We are getting married on 26th Nov and Im really panicky about getting snowed in!! Last year on 26th Nov the snow here was terrible and people just couldnt get their cars out.

Its probably the one thing that is really stressing me out! Im thinking I should have booked a snow plough rather than my lovely vintage car!!! x

• G2207G2207 Posts: 47
    Why don't you speak to your venue to see how they coped with the snow last year? We did (getting married on 20th) and it really help re-assure me.
  • Im worried too (getting married in Dec, but saw your post)

Our venue is in middle of nowhere, off several small country lanes. We spoke to venue and they said as its all farm land the farmers get their tractors out to clear roads etc. I'm also staying at venue night before (as will h2b if bad weather expected) so I don't have the stress of trying to get to my wedding!
  • Lisar1980Lisar1980 Posts: 382
    Thanks Ladies, I think thats a really good idea to speak with the venue.

I know that most people will make the effort to come Im just a bit worried about having a half full room!! I suppose on the say that will not matter as much though xx
  • tabitha84tabitha84 Posts: 224
    I'm also getting married on the 26th. The worst part is I made a mistake and booked my reception 25 miles from the church DOH! I rang the company that is helping with my wedding and they just said that last year was the worst it has been in 10 years and to take out insurance. image
  • tabitha84tabitha84 Posts: 224
    Oh, and my wedding is in Scotland, and half the guests are travelling from London and the other half from the Netherlands. I am starting to freak out.
  • Lisar1980Lisar1980 Posts: 382
    Tabitha - our reception is also quite a way from our church - 16 miles!!

Ah I have butterflies just thinking about how bad it was last year!! We may have to do some kind of dance to the weather gods!! Just a sprinkle of snow pleasssseeeee!!!! x
  • Hi Ladies

My wedding is also 26th November and where i live, that day last year was the first day of all the snow and it stayed for months! Our venue is a farmhouse converted into a hotel so im hoping there's plenty of tractors out if needed! 90 days left!!! image xxx
  • SheraleighdSheraleighd Posts: 1,336
    Hi girls!

I'm getting married December 20th NEXT YEAR but saw this and thought i'd comment.

Our wedding and reception are all in the same place (in Surrey, which usually gets hit quite bad when it does snow) but my contingency plan is to have as many of my guests staying at the venue the night before along with me, h2b and our wedding party so that if it does get bad then all the important folks are already there with us.

As quite a few of our guests are coming from overseas they'll need accommodation a couple of days prior to the wedding anyhow, so my advice would be that if the place you're getting married in has accommodation then look at staying there the day before so you don't have the stress of traveling- also saves money of car hire : )

I'm actually hoping for a light dusting of snow to really get the whole winter wonderland feel- I'll probably change my mind on that when I have to have my wedding snaps taken wearing wellies! hee hee

Best of luck all you winter 2011 brides.

xXx

xXx
  • Hiya

I'm also a 26th Nov bride and yes, last year our venue was covered in snow on that date image

To be honest we're not that worried about it as we're staying over at the venue the night before, along with a lot of our family and friends. Having said that, I may get a little worried about how our suppliers will get there?!

Oh well, what will be, will be. Good luck everyone, not long now! image
  • Hi, I'm getting married 24th November 2012 but this thread caught my eye. I'm actually hoping for snow! My church and venue are 3 miles from each other which isn't too bad but my concern is for my guests as a lot will be travelling from the Isle of Man to Liverpool which means that the flights and boats may well be delayed. At the end of the day, as long as myself and h2b are there, that's all that matters.
  • I would love it if it snowed! Living in Dorset we don't really see much snow. And to be honest 99% of our guests are all local and could walk to the church if necessary and then fight their way to our reception venue which is only a 15 minute drive away. I think you just have to embrace whatever the weather is doing on your special day and go with the flow.......but preferably not blizzards!
  • dais-ldais-l Posts: 114
    I'm getting married this December and starting to think about this A LOT! I have everything booked and it's killing me thinking what if suppliers can't get there. Ours is all in one venue too though and is just off a road I'm hoping will be gritted... apart from that if it happens it happens I guess!