Forum home Archived I got married in November 2012

Hi Everyone

Hi Everyone,

Im new to this site and just wanted to say hello. Im getting married 24th November 2012!! Most of the main things are booked and im looking forward to planning those little details that really make it special! Can't wait to hear about all your ideas too x x

• Thanks MrsS2b!!

Im just having a little noisy around the site, theres lots to take in!! Well i live in Cheshire and im getting married at Statham Lodge Country House Hotel (sorry im not sure how to post a picture!)Its beautiful, just what i was looking for =)We are having both the ceremony and reception there.

Just passed the 12 month mark, which was so exciting! x
  • yay im 10/11/12. welcome and happy planning
  • I am getting married on the 2nd November 2012 at Pollok House in Glasgow. Our original plan was to get married in New York but due to limited funds the plans had to change image but I do love our new venue. I am a little stuck as what to do with our guests after the ceremony as out evening reception will not start until 6.30. We cannot afford a sit down meal for all of our day guests...any suggestions would be welcomed...x
  • Hello and welcome, MrsG. I'm getting married on 1st November 2012 and I'm also in Cheshire! I'm getting married at the Wild Boar Country House Hotel in Tarporley.

lisajayne, like MrsS has said, a buffet might be a less expensive option. Can your venue accommodate something like that?
  • Hello MRSG

CONGRATULATIONS!!

its so exciting when you finally get to book your date.. and then when it heads into the 1 year to go mark!

Lisa - what time is your ceremony? mines at 1:30PM and after photos and dinner our disco isn't starting until 7:30pm.. and thats only for 60 day guests!!

buffets or bowl food is always a good idea if you cannot afford a sit down meal, its amazing how much things costs when you mention the W word!

good luck with your planning

xx