Forum home Archived I got married in November 2012

November Brides Chat

• abi2889abi2889 Posts: 486
    Manfaw the new job sounds great! I'm a PA too so I know how boring it can get! I've been promised new work for the last 18 months assisting a project manager but its just not happened....getting very fed up now, nothing worse than being bored in a job! Hopefully your new post will be much better!

Mandy totally agree with you on the no desire to go to Uni much rather get life experience! Sounds like you have a good outlook on things and mostly importantly the same outlook as your husband!

Totally agree on the family front too....I'm quite disappointed with my family, given everything we have going on with hubby's dad (and his nan passing away a few days before Xmas) you would think they would make more of an effort, we've probably seen then only a handful of times since the wedding, which might be normal...except they live 10 minutes up the road! And then they moan if asked to babysit and spend time with their grand daughter! But that's a whoooole other can of worms, I tend to just let them get on with it these days and focus on our little family now!

I think our TTC plans are for about June/July too but it depends on how the house works goes, our porch gets started this week so its a start!!
  • manfawmanfaw Posts: 2,756

I dont thnik you can ever win with families, mine all live down south, we get along and see each other as often as possible, but i know my Mum would prefer it if we lived closer and when we have kids it will upset her we're so far away.  On the other hand the in laws live about a 5 minute drive from us and although I know they really do mean well sometimes it can be sufforcating, you just cant win!

Abi I wouldnt mind but I am actually a trianed project manager and the guy thats in charge of our projects dept. doesnt even have the qualifications I have!  That on top of the fact I am bored, I get given the most menial jobs and we dont really have any benefits here (I dont even get sick pay) I think its time for me to move on and progress my career before any little mosters come along!

Yes definitely sounds like time to move on! It's so frustrating when the people giving you work seem to think you're a bit of a div and think a challenge is a large batch of photocopying!

I would love to do project management, wanted to do an nvq in business management so I could progress a bit, but I couldn't do it because I don't currently line manage people.....but I can't line manage anyone until I have a supporting qualification or experience....?!! It's a ridiculous circle!

LOL yeah I know what you mean about other people thinking you'll be challenged by boring mundane tasks!

Personally I dont thnik project management is more thank careful planning and common sense but it looks good on your CVimage   I considered for a while doing something wedding realted with it, like Wedding PA and Planning but I have kinda lost my wedding mojo now and dont think being invovled with planning someone else's day would be half as exciting!  I think I'll leave that to someone else with more patience than me image

• mandy503mandy503 Posts: 2,066
    I think the tropical medicine job sounds fab tho - I'm kinda fascinated by things like that! image

Good luck with it all!

And abi - really hope your fil gets his treatment soon , its horrid having to wait and not having all the answers straight away!!
    Hi ladies I just thought I would let you know, unfortunately my father in law passed away on Sunday. He had a fall Friday morning and was taken to hospital for CT and MRI which revealed he had broken his neck but also that the cancer had become very aggressive and spread widely, it was that which caused the fall. We stayed at the hospital until Sunday when he passed, he was at least surrounded by family and peaceful when it happened.

It wasn't quite how we were hoping to start married life but we are battling through and hoping the funeral next week will help everyone to deal with this loss. It's still sinking in, and hubby is finding it very difficult in particular, I only wish I could take the pain away from him.

Anyway, didnt want to kill the mood but as you ladies have been very supportive I thought telling you would help.

I hope you're all having a better February than we are! image
    Abi i am so sorry to hear your news. I know there is nothing anyone can say to make you feel any better, but just know we're here if you need us x
    Hi abi, i'm so so sorry to hear this news. I echo what manfaw says, we are here if you want to chat. (only wish i'd seen this post earlier, really sorry to have taken so long to reply)

Sending you all the hugs in the world at this awful time, i hope you and hubby, and family will pull through this and be stronger together.
    Thanks ladies, its the funeral tomorrow, trying to find anything to take my mind off it, it will be good to get it out the way but its going to really hard!

One positive that has come out of this is that we have decided we are definitely going to make more of an effort to see hubby's family, we have 7 nieces and nephews that we hardly ever see but definitely will now!

Fresh start in March I think!
    Hope all goes well tomorrow hun, will be thinking of you x
    Same here. Lots a luv for tomorrow, and as you say, look to your future together.

Be thinking of you moro xx
    Hey abi just wanted to say hope your all ok. Xx
    Hi ladies, just checking in! Funeral went ok, we've been back to work and just come back from a short break to Nottingham. The break would have been so much better had I not been a our walk in centre the day before we left with tonsillitis again, then doctors with our daughter Monday morning! She ended up spending most of our break in bed and visiting emergency GP as she was so poorly also with tonsillitis! Hubby also ill and so are our friends who came with us! The 3 doggies (our 1 their 2 golden retrievers) had a blast though so it wasn't all bad....plus we had a hot tub!

Hopefully this will mark the end of crap for this year and we can have a nice Easter and be ready for our little ones birthday in April!

Hope you're all doing well! How's the new job going Manfaw?

Hey Abi, glad to hear everything is getting back on track for you, fingers crossed that all you need to deal with this year and you can start to enjoy married life.

The new job is going really well, I really like it here and its so different to what I was doing before!  We're moving house on Friday, which is a complete nightmare, but other than that everything is going A-OK! image

Glad to hear that your both good. (Hoping the rest of the year goes more smoothly for you abi!)

Good news your loving your new job manfaw, hope the move went well too and your settling into a lovely new home xx

Hello ladies!! 

Long time no speak, thought I would pop by as a little birdie reminded me of YAYW again today image

How is married life treating you all?  I hope things are feeling a little better for you now Abi?  And hope all is well with Mandy!

The move went well thanks, I have only really just started feeling settled down again, with the new job and the new house everything got on top of me a bit but I am starting to feel like me again!

Not long now until we go on honeymoon either (thank god!) I am not sure I can wait I am going to bust!!!

Hi ladies!!

Just thought I'd pop by too and see how everyone is? 

Also soooooo excited I'm about to scream so had to share as my hubby is away this weekend and not here to jump about with....... I just got asked to come for an interview for my dream job!!!! Working as a consultant in a bridal boutique in Plymouth!!! 

I emailed on the off chance last night even though it said the position was no longer available, and they rang me first thing this morning! Out of 700 applicants I'm one of 3 (!!!) they're interested in!!!!! I can't quite believe it!!!! 

Looks liker our plans to move down south are finally coming together!!!

Hope you guys are all good too, glad to hear your all settled and feeling yourself again manfaw - how was your honeymoon??

Xx

Aww thats awesome news!  When is your interview?  Make sure you tell us how you get on! image

I wish I could tell you how the honeymoon was but its not for another 7 weeks yet!!! lol

Are any of you ladies still here?!

I'm about!! How's you, how'd the honeymoon go? How's married life? -  cant believe its been nearly a year already!! Any ideas for 'Paper' gifts? Xx

(Sadly didn't get the chance to even get to the interview in Plymouth - they employed someone before I could get there! image but never mind, I have an interview for another job Moro working with some good friends so fingers crossed that goes well!)

Hey!!! image Glad I am not the only one still here! Lol

Married life is grand, the Honeymoon was AB-SOL-UTE-LY AMAZING!!!! It was about a billion degrees every single day and it was such a lovely place, we're definitely going to go back again one day we loved it so much!

I know its amazing how quick the time has gone image Paper gifts??? Does a ticket count? We're going back to Amsterdam for our first anniversary image  I cant wait!  

We're moving house tomorrow (I know moving AGAIN image ) but we're going to be in the next place for a looooong time so I dont mind so much!

We've finally started TTC too! Eeeeeep! We only actively started trying in August so its early days yet, but I am ever so broody which means I am also very impatient and I want it to happen NOW!! lol You thought I was a bridezilla??? Well you aint seen nothing yet!

Sorry to hear about your interview image that completely suck, but fingers crossed for you with the interview, let us know how you get on!

Ah so glad you had an awesome time - Wish we could go on honeymoon all over again! 

I think a ticket defiantly counts! (If I can I'm gonna surprise Ben with Eurostar tickets to go back to Paris for the Christmas markets again! That's my 'if this interview goes well and I'm earning properly again' celebratory plan anyway!) 

Your moving again? Poor you, but keep thinking of the reason - bigger place, babies!! image

Exciting times TTC, can't wait til we can start (fingers crossed for next spring!!). Wishing you all the baby dust in the world!! 

Oh god yeah I would love to do it all over again!  We've only been back 4 weeks lol

Oooh cool! I love Paris image what time is your interview?

Yeah I know but seriously all the stress that goes with it is a NIGHTMARE!  But TTC is the reason for it I'll take all the baby dust you can give me I have a feeling its going to be a bumpy road!

Interviews at 4pm. Thankfully the girl I think is doing it is also one of the other bridesmaids of a friend that I'm bm for next year too so its nice and makes me feel more comfortable that I already know them! I can just concentrate on the questions she's asking and not about how I'm coming across as she already knows me!

I'm gonna be going through the stressful moving thing too fingers crossed (so long as it goes well today!) It'll be amazing to get back to our own place and put of Mil's! Then next year I could do with baby dust too hopefully (rekon ours will be a long drawn out process too!!)

Oh well good luck I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for you at 4pm!

Well as you said its worth all the stress in the end but it doesnt make you feel any better at the time! Arghghghghghghghghgh! lol

Thanks. The fun bit at the moment is mil is having her central heating redone so we had no hot water last night (and I needed to wash my hair!) workmen all over the house and in the room we're in (where the old boiler is/was), and in & out of the bathroom, today with no water at all switched on......

Not the best place to prepare for an interview! Might need all your fingers toes arms and legs crossed!!!!!! 

I'm sat here ready, just waiting for the time to tick round before I need to leave. I'm always ready too early! And trying not to think about needing the loo! image

You'll be fine!! Don't sweat it they know you so I think you're pretty much half way there!!

Well I think it went well. Just wait and see now!

How goes the packing for Moro? 

Awesome! I'll keep my fingers crossed image

I am just on my way home from work for a long evening of the said packing. ...

Hope your move goes well today!! Xx