Forum home Archived I got married in November 2012

November Brides Chat

• mandy503mandy503 Posts: 2,066

Ah good, glad he's OK. Xx

• abi2889abi2889 Posts: 486

Well I have good news and not so god news.... After my interview they couldn't decide between me and someon else so as it as a secondment they decided to offer us both 6 months each with me having the first 6 months, I'm fine with this, actually works out better if we are ttc. However because it's a secondment by boss has to agree it, which brings me to my not so good news.....my boss isn't happy about me going for the firs 6 months because she doesn't want to have to try and replace me quickly. i knows this shouldn't be a huge problem but the other person wants me first because off some big projects are happening then and I'm already involved in it so can help where as the other person can't, plus my current boss is actually only here until the end of March (as it stands at the moment) if she leaves and we get someone new or we have a gap in employment I still won't be able to leave for the second 6 month secondment period, plus if I do happen to be pregnant it's likely I want even be able to complete the full 6 month period anyway.

very annoyed as it seems my current boss is just being difficult, I've been an spoken to HR and all I can do is try and resolve it with both people, the one who I work for now and the one offering the new post, if my boss won't budge I can launch disciplinary action but all that will d is delay everything even more and make for an unbelievably awkward working situation for me during and probably after. image

Ah abi, well done on being offered the place, but hugs on the awkward annoying boss!!! 

Could you use the whole - I'm already part of the projects so really it makes he most sense for you to go first - angle? Is there anyone there who can vouch for her just being intentionally awkward? Hope it gets resolved for you!

We're gonna have to put our TTC on hold for a few more months (august instead of April) now as I realised with my new job, I've got a fixed contract for the 1st year which then becomes permanant so long as I don't do anything drastically wrong! (which will be from october2014) but I'm concerned that if I were to turn around and announce I'm pregnant before the Oct then really they're under no obligation to make my contract permanent if they decide not to! At least with waiting til august if by some miracle we catch first time I won't have to announce it till at least Nov time, and my contract will already be permanent! 

• manfawmanfaw Posts: 2,756

Ah Abi that completely sucks, I am sure they'd have to listen to you over your boss?  Or is it realyl that tied to what your boss says? If your boss is going in March anyway surely it should make no difference to them where you're working?  Your company should really be encouraging you to move in your career and not let one person hold you back because they dont want someone else doing the job.

Mand I dont think they could not renew your contract just because you got pregnant?  I am not sure but I am pretty sure when you're in a job for more than 6 months they have to offer you the same terms as permanent employees?  Maybe check your contracts and company policies on maternity?

Well I spoke too soon, hubby has gone back to the hospital today, he is forgetting things A LOT and is finding it hard to form sentences :/ I am really worried he's done some damage, he's been to see his OH doctor and he said its all conclusive with concussion but he needs to go back to the hospital again image

Ah manfaw, hopefully its just short term and given a little time it'll heal OK. Surely if the drs arnt concerned that's its more than just mild concussion then he'll be fine!

I have 4 months probation, then I'll have the same rights as all the employees - holiday, sick pay ect, but my first year is a fixed contract then it'll be made permanent so I'm not sure if that means, if they decide not to make it permanent they can just not! For the sake of waiting another 3 months I 'd rather not take the risk! 

Well today I have mostly been cleaning! I did however discovered a shop called b&m today... I think it's a chain that adjust major bargains! Including home things and Christmas things!!! 

Woohoo for the last full Saturday! I do hope I Get to count down for no more pants working!

Lol nit sure why it's decided to select a random post to 're post there we go??!! 

Still no more news about the job, I've still got to wait for a meeting hoping I can get that tomorrow though HE have said to let them know if that doesn't happen. The annoying g thing is my boss goes on leave in just over a week and she's away for 2 and a half weeks so I need to get this sorted or it will be end of October before anything gets sorted!! 

Unfortunately she has the final say regarding the secondment however if I don't agree I can argue it burst will be a formal grievance process so if I have to do that I'll end up going off leave because I can't work with her while I'm doing all that and it will still mean I won't get the secondment! Right now all I want to do is quit and go fine sod ya then, now try and replace me!!

Oh and manfaw hope hubby is ok, I know concussion can have a bit of a delayed reaction that's why some people don't realise they have it. 

And Mandy yeah we have a similar policy with a probation period etc and as long as you don't massively screw up they won't get rid of you especially if you're pregnant because they know it leaves them wide open to legal discrimination claims, I'd say wait until you've done your probationary period more for you than anything, you might decide you hate it or people there and want to leave and you don't want to be looking for something if you're already pregnant! 

Yeah thats what i thought too - i'd just rather not have the worry if we're trying for the sake of just another 3 months waiting - plus thats another 3 months saving for future babyM!! image

Fingers crossed it gets sorted for you next week abi - that must be the worst conditions to have to work under!! Xx

Yeah I agree it's 3 months more for planning and getting ready and there's no harm in that!

i hate all this stressing about work, it makes me dread going in, at least I'm only part time so it's not too many hours to get through!

FC for you Abi and Mand I agree its only a few months so you might just be better off wating than rocking the boat!

Well Hubby was admitted to hospital so I ended up rushing miles to get to where he was, they gave him a CT scan which all came back ok so it is concussion but I felt like a terrible wife as I have just been dismissing him all week :/  good news is there isnt anything to worry about and he should start gettng better over time image

Well at least you know now that hes fine - and can start making up for dissmissing it! I'd do the whole 'his fav meal and fave manly movie combo!'

Have a fab weekend girls - you remember my crazy week before wedding schedule? Well i think my weekend might just top it! We've gotta drive to cornwall after work sat so leaving here bout 6pm getting there about 2-3am!! For mum&dads Ruby wedding anniversary on the sunday, meal with family then drive home again first thing monday morning coz monday night were hopefully meeting the new landlady if shes still about when we get there in the evening. Work again tues! Phew! I'm shattered just thinking about all that driving! (good job i've got a big toblerone bar in the car for the journey!image )

Well we're going out for dinner tonight (and I am paying!) so I guess thats a start!

Wow!! Good luck with the journey Mand and hope you have a lovely weekend too! image

I haven't actually got anything planned for this weekend which makes a change! I've spent all my evenings this week restringing tennis rackets so it will be nice to just chill (aside from doing all the washing and house work!)

update on the work thing, I spoke to the other lady I work for today as she had called in sick but then started asking how I was etc, and informed her of the secondment post I had been offered (no shock the horror boss hadn't told her anything about it but had told me she wouldn't agree!) and she's told me she supports me doing it but wants to sit down with all involved and discuss how we can arrange cover for me etc. There may be hope yet!!

Yea! There is a glimmer of light at the end of that tunnel!!! 

Enjoy your meal manfaw, and enjoy your relaxed weekend abi! Xx

Mandy, good tunes and chocolate always make a long drive more bearable!

and manfaw, glad hubby is ok, if it was mine he would be so milking it right now, lots of love and attention is needed! Enjoy your dinner out! image

Well we're taking my car so good tunes are a given!image i'm thinking a couple of the new autumn costa coffees might help too!image xx

have good weekends ladies xx

Oh and manfaw hope hubby is ok, I know concussion can have a bit of a delayed reaction that's why some people don't realise they have it. 

And Mandy yeah we have a similar policy with a probation period etc and as long as you don't massively screw up they won't get rid of you especially if you're pregnant because they know it leaves them wide open to legal discrimination claims, I'd say wait until you've done your probationary period more for you than anything, you might decide you hate it or people there and want to leave and you don't want to be looking for something if you're already pregnant! 

Again with the random posting??!! Bloody thing!

Yeah I saw that yesterday and thought it was weird! Xx

Hey ladies hope you all had nice weekends image Hope the meal was good and the drive wasn't too bad Mand!

Think I am coming down with something, have a horrible sore throat and feeling sick - I think there is a bug going round, it usually happens this time of year when all the students come back :/

Boo to illness, my little girl appears to have tonsillitis now, so we are currently sitting on the sofa watching Disney movies!

image hope she is better soon!

More Disney today and no school for little lady, which meant I had to stay home first thing while hubby did a few hours at work, I messages my boss at 7am telling her I would be in later and why....I arrive at the time I said only to be asked if I would we staying all afternoon as I was late in, told her no but I can stay until 3pm (normally finish at 2pm), to which I just got moaned at telling me how much there was to do.....I took 2 hours parental leave in total, ive already done this in overtime, most people take a whole day if not more off when their child is sick! Oh and still no further along with my secondment, though the lady that has offered me my secondment has suggested there may be a post becoming vacant at the same pay band as I am now, that if I applied for it and got it, she could second me straight in to the higher post......because she we be my boss.....this way round it would also mean I get to quit my current post completely!! We shall see what tomorrow brings!

also.....Manfaw, I first did a pregnancy test at 8pm with a tesco cheapy having downed a pint of water to make me need to pee lol I was however already late by that point (this was with my daughter). This whole knowing when to dtd and when to test etc is going to drive me nuts I can tell, I didn't even have to think about it last time the pill I came off had made me ovulate for once and I just caught, everyone brushes it off because we have 1 child already, still makes me anxious, hopefully not too much longer to wait!

mandy have you recoved from your hectic weekend?

I have been trying to reply for days! Technology hates me at the moment!!!!

Hope everyone's feeling a bit better now - Disney makes all things better!! image

Abi, hope you get that other position if you decide to go for it (GO FOR IT!!!!!image

Manfaw, have I missed something? Are potential congrats in order?? If so CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! imageimageimageimageimageimage

Well met with landlady yesterday, she seems lovely, and has ok'd us to decorate exactly as we like which is great, so despite Ben's work throwing out the original reference request ( image - you can imagine my reaction when I found out!) it all seems to be progressing nicely! Just all of a sudden 101 things needs to be sorted now and then there's my birthday, and then starting a new job - could someone find my head? It seems to have spun off somewhere in a tizz!!image

Have good days ladies, hope technology stops ars*ing around today so I can keep up! Xx image 

LOL No Mand you havent missed anything we're TTC and I have had loads of what I thought were "signs" but I have come to the conclusion that they're all in my head now image  Am feeling a bit glum about it really, I havent tested I am going to wait til the weekend comes but I think that I know its not our month this month already.

Good luck with the decorating Mand and good luck with the job Abi!

Well ladies I had a meeting with the 2 people I work for plus the lady that offered me the secondment, they have now realised I can't do the later 6 month secondment but still won't release me for this post until they have cover. Seems reasonable doesn't it? Except the boss has decided she won't use agency to cover (that I could get sorted in 2 weeks) she wants to put an advert out, she wants someone internal so they "know people" but no one internal is going to apply as no one wants to work for her! She has also decided she wants to interview so we have to wait until she is back from leave at the end of october, but she won't actually be able to interview til November and if they are internal or employed there will be 4 week notice period, which means I can't start until at least December! This is all dependant on anyone actually applying! Urgh!!

hubby is also poorly, little lady is still off school and I would quite like to just give up and be off sick too so I can curl up on the sofa all day! I did buy us all toffee apples to cheer us all up on my way home from work....that worked a bit! image

manfaw, youre not out yet ;0)

mandy, sounds great about the place, decorating its great albeit a little manic all at once! Here's to all things improving!

Manic? Its my middle name!!!! image

Ah abi, really wanna throttle this woman in your behalf she sounds like a total nightmare!! Any progress on the other job you mentioned? Hope that your hubby and daughter start to feel better soon - now doubt the toffee apples will be a magic medicine!image

Manfaw, got my fingers crossed for you - hopefully it won't be too long for you if its not ment to be this month (but that doesn't mean it isn't - as abi said, your not out yet!) 

*no doubt* (can't find the edit button on this new layout - it doesn't like my phone now either!)

Thanks Mandy, there's a whole team of people wanting to relieve some anger on this woman so it's not just me that she has a problem with!

the other job is kind of a loop hole way round things, I dont really want to do it, but if I'm put in that role they can place me straight in the higher post I do want on secondment because it's the same manager. It would really annoy my current boss ad probably make things quite tricky once I handed in my notice.....can't win really!