November Brides Chat

• mandy503mandy503 Posts: 2,066

Hope things settle for you soon xx

• manfawmanfaw Posts: 2,756

Hi ladies

Hows everyone doing?  Any news on houses/jobs?

Got the keys on my birthday Saturday!!

Been decorating since Sunday afternoon (miraculously no hangover despite 2for1 cocktails! image ) and its coming along nicely!! ( despite the constant achey back and neck!) Then its just moving furniture Fri and settling in over the weekend! (And new job Monday! Eeekk)

How's it going for you manfaw?

Abi? Any positive news? Xx 

Awww congrats and good luck with the move! image

Nothing new here really, I start my French course tomorrow, going back to school at my age is a daunting prospect! lol but should be worthwhile in the end!  

Oo la la!! (Sorry couldn't resist! image) How exciting - is there a particular reason for learning French or just something you've wanted to do?

It'll help with my job, a lot of visitors we have here are from Africa so French is their first language and because I sort out pretty much their lives while they're here it would just make it easier to communicate over some things!  Eppp!   I am nervous about going back to school though!

• abi2889abi2889 Posts: 486

Wow learning French sounds like it could be quite fun! Must of course sample lots of French food to help you learn!

mandy hope the decorating is going well and the new job!

still no movement on my job.....still waiting to find someone to cover my post but plus side boss is on leave at the moment so I do at least have peace and quiet while she's off!

Hi guys!

Decorating nearly done and on hold now that we've moved in! ( most stressful day of my life so far!!)

And new job is going OK, cannot stop yawning tho - not used to staring at a comp screen for 7 hours a day!!! But at least I feel like I'm starting to get it now! 

Hope the French is going well for you Manfaw! I couldn't imagine having to learn a language now - the second I could drop French at school I did, literally cannot remember a thing! image

Abi, still got fingers crossed for you - really hope you get somewhere soon xx

Bonjour! Lol I have learnt that much!  2nd class is today!

Glad the decorating is nearly done image  We've not even thought about it yet, maybe in the new year we'll get round to it, our place is pretty neutral so its not too offensive to live with for the time being.

Hopefully you'll hear something soon Abi, but make sure you enjoy this time without your boss being around!image

Well we've been married 11 months today image I have no idea where that time has gone!  This time next month we'll be celebrating in Amsterdam!  I have no idea if I am more excited about being married a year of being in Dam! Lol

Eek - can't believe its almost been a whole year- that's insane!!

Xx

I know I can't believe where this year has gone! We still don't have any firm plans for our anniversary, we were hoping all this solicitors and inheritance stuff would be over with by now but unfortunately not, don't ask me what's going on now......surely there's nothing left to do?! 

We do have a free meal at the place we got married so if nothing else we will have that but I really feel like we need some romantic time away! I definitely never thought we would still be waiting to try for another baby coming up to our anniversary.....looks like hubby got his way after all lol!

for some reason I've been a bit emotional lately, mostly with music (sounds strange I know but I have a lot of emotional attachment to music for some reason) I've been thinking about my uncle who passed away in March, it will obviously be their families first Christmas without him, so many of my childhood memories of Christmas are with my aunt and uncle and cousins and all my family, generally with Phil Collins and genesis blaring! Well in the car this morning I had Phil Collins something in the air tonight playing....which made me think of my uncle, then followed genesis Jesus he knows me come on, I'd never really listened to the words properly before but driving to work in traffic listening to it, it felt like it was a little sign to say he was ok. I dont know, sounds a bit silly really..... fingers crossed our anniversary will mark the beginning of good things to come!

Ah Abi that's a beautiful thing to say!

Really do hope things get sorted for you guys soon!!

I've been thinking I might try to recreate our wedding breakfast for a meal on our actual anniversary as its midweek, then at the weekend have a house warming/1st anniversary party with friends. Also, if we can afford it we're hoping to go to London at the beginning of Dec to meet up with my sister and family for some Christmas fun at the Hyde park Christmas wonderland! image

Oooo i so want to go to winter wonderland! My sister sent me a photo of a shop in Norwich looking totally magical and Christmassy I'm going to have to go and visit soon! I had been doing sneaky Xmas shopping, I've got a few bits bought and stashed away so hubby can't tell me off lol! They're bargains of course, but when I asked if we could order our daughters bike for Xmas the response I got was just..."it's October....!!" 

Ive decided to get our wedding invites framed for hubby for our anniversary, and maybe get the lyrics of our first dance printed with a photo of us during our guest dance in the middle in a nice frame...we shall see what I can create!

how is everyone?

hows the French going manfaw?

Ooo what shop in Norwich? ( we live quite close and tend to go shopping there!) 

Well if we do get to go to Winter Wonderland it'll just be us as my sis and her hubby have finally had some luck and are able to surprise my niece and nephew and are taking them to Disneyland Florida for or 2 weeks at the beginning of Dec!! (I'm so jealous!!image

Yeah I've been trying to decide about a 1st anniversary gift - I might get hubby a picture from his last tr back day blown up. 

Xx

Hi you two!

I have been really ill, the flu developed in to a chest infection image

Am feeling really pants at the moment, so I am just really looking forward to getting away for our first anniversary - something decent to look forward to.  I dont know why I am so down in the dumps :/

I have however managed to get an anniversary card made in the style of our wedding invitations and I have had a mock newspaper made of our wedding day image  so I hope hubby like them!

Ah poor manfaw - feel better soon!!image The gifts sound awesome!!! Xx

It's notcutts in Norwich Mandy, looks amazing! Gutted that their lights stch on is on a Thursday so we can't go up and see them but we are going to go up the weekend after for some Christmas shopping!

oh manfaw that sounds awful, it's the major doer of this time of year all the bugs and germs. I also hate those times when you feel low but can't seem to shake it, chocolate usually helps.....and at the moment Christmas stuff too! It helps me focus on something that is a certain and takes my mind off of things that are out of my control, plus I can practice making lots of lovely Christmas things (today was a yummy batch of cinnamon rolls)

how did you ladies get on with the crazy weather? It wasnt too bad for us, a few rogue fence panels and tree branches about but generally ok!

Did you make those in the slowcooker Abi?!

We didnt have any wind at al lup here!  It rained but nothing else!

Oh my goodness!!! The weather was NUTS!! It normally takes me 10 mins to drive to work, Monday it took me 1HOUR!!! Every which way I went to get there there was a tree blown down! At one one point I had to turn around and go back down the same road I'd just been down, in the two mins after I'd just been there another tree had blown over blocking the road completely - had me seriously freaked out! What if it'd come down when I'd been there????  Urggghhh not nice!!!!!

On a happier note, Notcutts! I haven't been there but there is another garden centre on the way in to Norwich (highway gardens I think?) that always looks awesome at Christmas - and if you ever get as far south as Suffolk there's an AMAZING place called Red House Barn in Friston/Sternfield that is Christmas heaven!!! Even has its own pair of reindeer!!! Really lovely place, it opens at the end of October but I have to try and hold out till Nov before Ben will entertain the idea of going!!image

Mandy I'm Essex so I could so do a trip! apparently there is an amazing Christmassy garden centre over at tiptree that I'm hoping to check out soon too!

the cinnamon rolls I make are a kind of pastry dough, the quickest easiest thing ever (literally flour, butter, milk dough rolled out to a rectangle cover with butter/brown sugar/cinnamon mixture, roll up and cut into rounds, on a baking tragedy or in a dish in the oven, 10 minutes done! Add a bit of water icing while they're warm....perfect!)

I picked up all of the nieces and nephews Christmas presents from tesco today....voucher exchange....sorted! That's one big batch all done for absolutely nothing!

Its so worth a looksy - and if you do the real tree thing then they are literally the best!! ( we got one a few years back, we chose it from the field as they had run out in the barn, it lasted until May!! It was so fresh I couldn't bear to throw it out - I hadn't even put any water in it since Christmas eve!! And not a single needle had dropped!) 

Those cinnamon rolls sound amazing - what's the quantities for the recipie? 

Love the tesco exchange - I plan on getting all the kids prezzis in it! That and group on has been my Christmas savoir this year!image

Argh!! I shouldnt have looked at thie thread til tomorrow! I am back on the 5:2 and seriously the recipe for cinnamon rolls has made me want to eat ly own fist!!!! 

Oh dear manfaw - guess I shouldn't say that I made amazing sausage rolls using chillies and mango sausage meat then? Or that I made our Christmas cake yesterday? Smelt gorgeous as it was baking!!image xx

LOL you can talk about food all you like today! Its not fasting day today - however I will avoid all talk of food again tomorrow!

Happy anniversary Abi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you have a lovely day image x

Happy Anniversary Abi!!!!

Hope you've had a fantastic day and a have an even better year to come!! Xx

Happy Anniversary Manfaw!!!!

Can't believe its been a whole year already!!! image

Nearly you're year too Mand!!! How quick it comes round!

I know its crazy!!! But its been a heck of a year - looking forward to seeing what next year brings us!!image

Happy anniversary Mand! image