November Brides Chat

• mandy503mandy503 Posts: 2,066

OK ladies and BREATHE!!!!!!!!

We WILL get everything sorted, and what isnt done isnt worth worrying over - I'm sure we wont even notice on the day!! (tho having said all that I still haven't finished the evening invites that are ment to be going out to my extended family about.... oh, 2 weeks ago, and I still have no dress for my moh!)

PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  image

• Don't panic girls, all will work out, I'm getting really excited now too, still loads to do but it will get done......sometime. Yay!!!
  • abi2889abi2889 Posts: 486
    Haha! Yes in amongst the panic are fleeting bursts of excitement where I just think IM GETTING MARRIED!!!!!

I actually sent a group email for the girls at work just to notify them of the number of days until my wedding! Well it broke the day up and cheered us up a bit!

Maybe someone should come up with pre wedding yoga sessions for brides to be to help them de-stress!
  • Oh yoga would be lovely, unfortunately it's 30 day shred for me tonight, need to shift a few pounds before last fitting. Lol
  • 11 weekends!??! aarrrgghhh! This is getting crazy! 

So glad that you girls got your bridesmaid dresses sorted! 

My hen is in 4 weeks so I'm currently really excited about that, when that is over I'm going to really start panicking! x

I will be thinking of you....I'm on 30 day shred too....second attempt, I lasted 5 days last time! If only I could change the music to some good cheesy 80/90s pop it would be much easier to try an enjoy it!!
  • MrsChez2bMrsChez2b Posts: 476
    I'm on Insanity, helps to de-stress big time and it's actually working! Had 3 days off this week (only supposed to have a day a week off), so I'm having a fat day today after indulging all weekend and feel absolutely disgusting lol back on the wedding diet tomorrow, just 88 days to go now....eek!!!
  • Just finished tonight's workout, it's only 20 mins but it feels like an hour to me when I'm doing it. what's Insanity, I'm intrigued.
    Same here belle!! I made the mistake of not drinking enough water before or after and felt so sick after!! Note to self hydrate properly if going to exercise!!

It's always a challenge doing exercise at home, no sooner had I started warming up when there was a little voice "mummy I done poops!" lol the joys of mummyhood!!
  • Haha, so funny. I don't have those distractions but the challenge of getting up from the sofa is one in itself. Showered and back on the sofa now though, phew!!
  • manfawmanfaw Posts: 2,756

Haha! I am so glad I am not the only one starting to have a mini breakdown!!

Well I still have issues with my evening invites, I had one lot last week with the wrong email address so I called the girl who is making them and told her and she said she'd do them again and would drop them off to me yesterday, so yesterday came and she dropped them off and they still had the wrong email address..... I have not had any luck with wedding stationery at all!  I think I am going to make the rest of it myself, even if it does look like my 3 year old nephew has made them!

So I am now waiting til Friday to see if I can have the evening invites, but at this rate it might be Facebook invites all round! image

Also - I will admit defeat, I stopped doing the shred last summer after I ripped my thigh muscle and had to pull out of a race to rest my leg for 6 weeks - so me and Jillian parted ways, though I am now on a major stress and am aiming for 4 nights a week at the gym, last night was the first night in a couple of weeks and my arms are barely working at the moment!

• i think i still need to decide on 30 day shred vs insanity. i'm planning to do it for the month of october so I'm sorted before final fittings. did you do the eating plans too or just got down on the rubbish you were eating? e.g. don't eat fajitas and a massive cheescake pudding in TGI Fridays like i did on sunday!

• MrsChez2bMrsChez2b Posts: 476

I must admit, I dont really know what the 30 day shred is! I chose Insanity because i love cardio workouts and I still basically eat what I ate before (as we speak i'm munching on a bowl of M&S spicy tomato crisps lol) and am still seeing results. Its hardcore though, I'm a sweaty, beetroot red pile of jelly on the floor by the time i've finished each workout but it is sooo much fun! I'm on the recovery week now so that means half way through, I'm dreading next week because thats when we kick it up a gear! Its hard enough now lol

For those that dont know, its basically a 90 day high impact, interval workout based around cardio exercise. Google it and watch the Infomerical, i was hooked from the first time i saw that!

I am sticking with the gym I think, I have a plan and MiCoach which is great - I am doing 40 mins of cardio and around 30 minutes of toning/kettle bells.

I am certainly feeling it today!

• 87 days to go for me & I'm freaking out now about the weight I've got to loose, I really need to tone up too so going to start swimming twice a week & try find my 30 day shread DVD :/
    See for me and my little interruptions(aka my 3 year old and a puppy!) 20 mins about what I can fit in! I do walk the doggy for about 40mins to an hour most days so I'm hoping that with 30 day shred will blitz me into a Heidi klum style yummy mummy bride!! The shred is good as it's 3 mins strength 2 mins cardiovascular and 1 min abs, you do 3 circuits and there's 3 levels the idea being you do each 1 for 10 days! I've not got passed level 1 ....never lasted long enough lol!!

I don't eat too bad but recently have been upping my sugary stuff as I'm so busy and in need of a quick boost, terrible I know so trying hard!!

My sisters bridesmaid dress arrived yesterday at last really hope it fits should be visiting her on Sunday so fingers crossed!!

It's going to be delivery central in my house this week I've got makeup, perfume and our daughters dress still to arrive! It's like Christmas just less chocolate!!!!
  • I just ordered 30 DS dvd, eek! hoping to fit in the 20 mins everyday. If i'm strict for a month and see results that should inspire me to keep it going til the wedding.

my h2b's niece is going to be a flower girl, she is nearly 4 and going thru the I'm not wearing that stage even though she picked it herself in the shop, so i think she coukld turn up on the day wearing anything! my h2b is going to pin the favours onto the little business cards so thats one fiddly job out the way. I have a week off from 17th Sept, my work gives everyone 5 additional days of annual leave in the year the get married, which is incredible! I'm using some of that time to embellish shoes, do tbale plan, make up trials etc

You are so lucky to get the extra week!  My H2B does as well and I am the one that needs it!

Good luck with the 30DS if I start getting desperate I might have to dust mine off again!

Well ive failed before I barely started!! I did one day and haven't done it since because I hurt too much! I dud take the dog for a good walk though so does that count?!

My daughts dress arrived yesterday from bhs it's so cute!! She loves it too bless her! Checking lots off the to do list which is good!

I would normally start my Xmas prep in October as I have do many to buy for and it's always down to me as h2b is useless! I

There is noway I'll manage that as well as wedding so I've started with my lists now instead!! The girls at work are used to my listing but even they think I'm mad! Anyone else getting prepared of is it just me and my crazy lists!!?

Haha we've cancelled Christmas this year! image I really dont have time for it!

A quick question about your wedding shoes though - Have you started wearing them in yet?  I am worried they'll be filthy by November if I start wearing them now!

Christmas? I didnt think that was happening this year? Ah well guess thats one more thing that'll be done after the wedding!!!!! ( I kid - I LOVE LOVE LOVE Christmas!!! Would have had a christmas wedding if h2b wasnt a butcher! He didnt think he could cope with 3 weeks of 5am starts - 10pm finishes, and then a wedding!!! - I dunno what he was worried about really! image)

My MOH has finaly decided to pull her finger out! Bless her, shes finished orginising my hen do - of which I know nothing about, not even the date! Apparently I'm not allowed to know untill the actual day itself! I'm so excited!!! AND she's ordered her dress! its really pretty too - not excatly what I had in mind, but I dont care anymore, just glad I can stop stressing about it! AND my sister has finished her part of my invites so I can get them finished and posted next week!!! Yea! Is it possible I might have a stress free week next week? (Doubt it! image)

And to top off my good mood, my cheap as chips, evening veil arrived from china this morning! Its perfect! Ok, so some of the pearls, and the comb fell off before I even got it out the bag fully - but for less than £4, I'm just impressed it turned up! and actually I'm not that bothered that the pearls feel off as that gave me the idea to pull the rest off and replace them with sew on crystals as thats what I'd wanted originally anyway!

Feeling Good today!

You dont know the date of your hen!!! image  I would freak out if I didnt know something and I have to say I only know the bear minimum! 

I had to know where in the world it would be - so London, I had to know when - so I could arrange to get there.  And I have been given one more cryptic clue - I have to go dresses as Alice (as in Wonderland) but I am not allowed to buy a costume it has to be my interpretation! 

Yeah - i thought I'd freak too as I'm such a control freak normally. But its actually quite liberating not knowing! And I'm kinda hoping I'll get pulled out of work one day as a huge surprise!! image

Sounds like productive week all round this week then!

My hen do has been on off on off, as I'm having a bridal shower that mums nans and daughter can be involved in my fiend wanted me to have a night out one too. I don't really do nights out so have given them instructions of dinner with a bit of dancing and just girls fun f getting ready in the day. And that's all I know, aside from he date! I've just ordered my dress, we have a litter theme as I requested! Quite excited now but also slightly worried as I really am a control freak!
  • Oh girls, I am such a disaster, one night this week I did a workout, today I ate far too much, have completely fallen off the 'wedding dress body' wagon!! 11 weeks today, I need a serious kick up the ----!!! HELP!!! Motivate me please!!!!
    Bizarrely the first thing that came to my head afte reading that Belle was....

I like to move it move it, I like to move it, move it, I like to move it, move it, I like to....MOVE IT!!!

Maybe that will inspire you?!

I'm the same though.... One day of work out then... Nothing! Do 2 mins of star jumps and 30 seconds of sit ups for 10 mins, that might kick start something!?

Sorry no real motivation just madness! image
  • I'm gonna do that Abi, will keep you posted.
    How did it go? I've had that song in my head all day since posting that!

Decided to buy a big bag of mini heart shaped mints for the wedding today, trying to decide how to have them though, whether to out them in bowls on each table, a few in little bags for each person or in a nice big bowl on the bar?

Also my sister tried on her dress today and I'm so relieved it looks great! A few bits need tweaking but that's more for cosmetic than fit! A good steam and spruce and it will be perfect!

Can't wait until I can check a few more things off my list, will really help take the pressure off!
  • MrsSMrsS Posts: 136
    Less than 10 weeks to go for us we get married on 10.11.12 Got a call today to say our venue is closing down in 3 weeks.. Nightmare! Spending the next week trying to find somewhere new.

OMG! I am so sorry to hear that - where abouts in the country is your venue?  Perhaps we might be able to help/recommend something?