November Brides Chat

• abi2889abi2889 Posts: 486
    Omg, we will all try and help any way we can! Really really hope you find a replacement venue! Is there nothing the venue can do about finding you somewhere else, surely they must have known this was a possibility and should be trying to help??
  • Sorry to hear about the venue, cant even imagine how much stress that must be. Fingers crossed you can find somewhere soon. Make sure you tell potential venues about your bad luck, they might be able to offer a bigger discount in sympathy x

We'll we've had a productive few days. We've booked to meet the  venue staff and caterers on 6th October to sort out the menu's and order of the day. Plus we're meeting our registrar on monday to pay for the ceremony, confirm our vow choices and get my passport paperwork signed! I think once I have my new passport, things will really start to sink in!

81 days and counting....

Hope all is well for everyone else xx

• manfawmanfaw Posts: 2,756

Wow you've got to pay your registrar already!  I thnik we do ours 5 weeks before.... mind you thats not long either!

Have you guys bought pressies for the groomsmen?  I am a little lost on this, as most of them arent actually doing anything on the day.  Any suggestions?

• I think you normally pay them on the day but because we need to see them anyway to sign the passport forms we might as well get it paid so its one less thing to worry about lol

We've bought my dad and the best man some swarovski cufflinks and I bought H2B a set too as a surprise but as we've only got presents for my parents, his mum and the best man/MOH and bridesmaids, not his dad and wife as they're not actually doing anything then we'd give them out after my bridal shower a week before the wedding. I know, I know, its a very amercian thing but my sister lives in the States and was very determind to throw me a shower image we'll get the ushers a bottle of whiskey to leave at their place setting at dinner as a small thank you. It also means that they can wear their gifts on the day.

Hope that makes sense lol I have a habit of rambling sometimes!

Haha no that makes sense

• mandy503mandy503 Posts: 2,066

Well I now have one teeny tiny detail about my Hen do....

I have to wear something Pink!

I have no idea if thats a going out dressy type thing, or more a casual daytime thing, but at least its a detail!

We havent really got groomsmen -  with only about 20 people at our ceremony, they'd only be showing themselves to their seats anyway!! image I am however struggling to find a gift for my 9 year old nephew who is pageboy. Any suggestions on that one? I did see a thread in general chat about this, where someone suggested a letter from their fav footie team but I'm not sure what team he supports! (and much as I love my sister she rarely remembers to reply when I txt her and ask her things!image )

And Dad's! Is it traditional to get dad's anything? I really dont want to get something for h2b's dad as he hasnt helped at all with the wedding and is only begrudgeingly coming anyway! (he's refusing to stay in the same hotel as everyone else so he doesnt bump into his ex wife's mum - who isnt going to be there anyway! and quite frankly would rather be celebrating us splitting up than getting married, thats how supportive he is so you can see why I resent the idea of getting him a gift - its galling enough to be making him a buttonhole to be honest! sorry if thats a really bad attitude to have!) But I would like to get my dad something, but he doesnt drink, so cant really do the engraved tankard thing, and I'm not a fan of cufflinks. I have paid for my parents room the night of the wedding - even though their house is five minutes away I wanted them there for breakfast in the morning! But would be nice to give him something special from the day to keep. Any ideas?

Haha at least you've been given a clue! I have just bought my dress for my hen, I was told cryptically what to buy so I have no idea if its going to be ok or not!

As for Dad's I cant really help you there, we're buying H2Bs Mum and Dad dinner and I am doing the same for my Mum and her partner so we've not really had to worry about thank yous for the parents.

Yeah I'm now looking for a dress as I have no idea if I needit next week or next month!! Typical that I have an idea of what I want but cant find it anywhere!!! I think I might have to stretch my sewing skills beyond their usual just-about-able-to-sew-on-a-button and attemp to make the style I'm looking for!

Wish me luck!

Good luck! Show us when your done! image

Ok so I kept looking for dresses - too much wedding DIY to really make my own hen night dress! And after double checking that it would have time to arrive (and getting told off for fishing for details! image) I found something that I dont think anyone would excatly expect me to wear! (So a little surprise of my own for all my lovely girls!!!!!)

Tee Hee - they tell me pink I went pink and BLING!!!!!

And my darling h2b has just said "What the hell is that? Its f***ing hideous!" Well I love you too! image

Any way girls - flash me your hen night outfits!!

Mandy I love it!! This is mine....I think....similar thoughts with the sparkle, I have specifically requested glitter and sparkle theme so that I do know about my hen night!

http://www.janenorman.co.uk/fcp/product/buy-fashion-look-fabulous/dresses/aqua-sequin-mini-dress/14383?colour=blu

Sorry only link, on iPad so can't do the picture!

Thought I'd post it for ya!

Love it!

If I was prepared to pay more than than £20 on mine I might have looked at the pink version!!! It SOOOOOOO sparkly!! Have a fab night in it - do you know when yours is yet?

Pipped to the post by Mandy on the pic!  Both gorgeous dresses I am a little jealous you are both having sparkle!  I know I would have picked something similar but I have been given a theme which is, you need to come as Alice (as in wonderland) but you're not allowed to use fancy dress.....

Not exactly easy AND I have no idea what we're doing so I have had to play it safe so I have gone for this....

It looks better on than in the pic!

Manfaw - great minds xx

HahaM thank you ladies! I had originally ordered a dress in the sale from asos that was only about ??20, silver sequin bodice and white chiffon skirt but because of the style and the fact I'm a bit busty I looked more like a maternity dress!

I did the I look fat n everything and hate it and having nothing to wear moan to h2b so he's going to buy me my hen do dress, he thinks it will mean he gets a say in it....bless him....he doesn't! Hehe!

My hen do is 13the October, most of the girls from work can't come so we are going out for a curry after my last day in the office before the wedding so those plus my sisters planning a bridal shower...I have 3! I wasn't even going to have one let along 3! Looking forward to it though!
    So how are we all doing? Can't believe it's only 9 weeks and 2 days to go now!!

We have added a few things to our day like having a disposable camera on each table with a list of shots to try and get, does anyone know where I can get a list to give me an idea of which shots to include?

Still deciding on a dress for the hen party, ordered a few different dresses to try as I cant decide!

I'm doing somthing similar for my niece and nephew to keep them entertained at dinner. They might be a bit childish for what you were looking for, but your welcome to use them if you want to;

• Bride & Groom Together
    • Something Blue
    • A great BIG hug
    • The Groom talking to a guest
    • Artistic shot of your dinner
    • Artistic shot of table Decorations
    • Someone else taking a photo
    • Artistic shot of wedding Cake
    • The Bride and a Bridesmaid together
    • Someone laughing
    • The Groom playing with his wedding ring
    • The Groom & Best man together
    • The Flower girls together
    • The Grooms Mum & Brides mum chatting
    • The Brides Bouquet
    • Artistic shot of the view through the bedroom window (to be taken in the morning!)
    • Group shot at breakfast

Hope it might help! xx

thanks Mandy that's great, just had a google to some ideas of style too, I think I will be stealing some of the ones you have on your list! I'll let you know when I've done a sample one! image

H2B's suit arrived today, currently hung on the outside of our wardrobe....starting to feel really real now! Eeeek!

• Hi Ladies,

I love the idea of having photo's to take, if we werent already miles over budget then thats definitely something i would do!

We've made a bit more progress, met and paid our registrar on monday, she was really lovely! We chose our vows too and I keep reading them over hoping that if i read them enough then i'll be prepared and wont cry on the day lol  she also signed my passport forms for me, I was too impatient to wait 7 years to change it so i'm getting a new one and have booked the honeymoon in my married name. It was very surreal looking at the completed forms image

We also paid the balance of our honeymoon, another huge dent in our bank account! Guess we'd better get used to this though lol

What else, hmmm oh i enquired about a wedding cake yesterday. I found a recommendation on here for a site called classic-cakes and had a look. Gorgeous cakes and very, very reasonably priced. She's sending me samples of cake in the post so i can try because she's too far away. Always a pleasure getting cake in the post image We were going to just get a four tiered plain-ish cake from M&S but for the same money I can get a snowflake extravaganza with each tier a difference type of cake. I'm hoping to go for lemon, chocolate, vanilla with apricot jam and vanilla with raspberry jam. Yummy!

I'm also very jealous reading about your hen do's! I had mine almost a month ago (due to another wedding, my sister coming over from America and all my friends turning 30,it was the only date we could do) and I had so much fun that I want to do it again! All of your dresses are lovely, i'll try to post a pic of mine at some point. I had a blue sequin dress and navy sequin shoes!

MrsChez2b wrote (see)

Hi Ladies,

I love the idea of having photo's to take, if we werent already miles over budget then thats definitely something i would do!

Hi - I did mine through vistaprint for free, just write up your list of things to find in powerpoint and save as a jpeg, then you can upload to vistaprint as a photo, then use it to design as a notecard or post card, and you can pick up disposable cameras really cheap too (try ebay!) If its something you'd like to have it shouldnt cost much to do! image

Sadly my pretty sparkly pink dress cannot be done image  The company messed around with my size so now I've had to cancel my order! image

But on a happier note I've just ordered this from Dorothy Perkins!

Which is actualy more the style I originally wanted anyway! Yea! and I have gold glitter shoes already that I can wear with it too! My mum rang yesterday to say she'd recieved her hen night invite and that I'd love what has been planned! I'm desperate to know now!!!!!

I cannot believe how close its all getting!  My countdown at the top says 69 days!!!! Arrrgggghhhh!!!! Still waaaaayyyyy too much to get done, also had a panic yesterday that we've got our ceremony booked for 4pm, then a blessing immediatly after, so by the time we get to photos its going to be about 5pm - there wont be any daylight left so we wont have any photos of the amazingly gorgeous view from the hotel gardens image I briefly thought about seeing if we could move the times forward an hour, but h2b said not to bother as everythings already printed, invites sent, ect, - and perhaps I should have thought about it before deciding on an evening wedding in November!!! image

Hopefully we'll get some family pics, pics of the guys, and BM pics with the view before the ceremony, there just wont be any of me+h2b together with the beautiful view! Oh well, we are having some nice ones taken on the beach before our reception, when we get home, by a friend whos just qualified as a photographer! Guess that'll have to do me!

Are you guys having any last-minute-its-too-late-to-change-it-now! panics?

I've started to wonder if maybe we should invite extra evening guests, we are having about 44 guests for the whole day and I'm now wondering if we should invite extra people in the evening, but then I think well it's too late now and, it would only be about an extra 10 people so be a bit weird, especially as we aren't having an evening buffet!

With any luck at that time you might get some nice dusky sunset pictures! Our ceremony is at 4:30pm so we will be in the same position! Don't stress it will all be perfect and wonderful!

Thanks Abi! Thats what I thought originally - I've always wanted sunset pictures thats why I wanted a later ceremony - I'm sure the sun sets a little later in cornwall than here in suffolk so fingers crossed! I'm gonna ask our photographer for an extra hour and have him at the venue before the ceremony for everyone elses photos then it'll just be ours and the rest non-posed photos that we wanted to take after the ceremony! (it'll give us more time after the ceremony for being with our families too before the meal!)

With reguards your extra guests, go for it. Its not too late to invite them - I only sent out the invites to my extended family and friends for the reception back home last week (actually still have some to hand out image ) bout a month later than planned but hey ho! If you have friends you want there then invite them - I dont think people really expect a buffet anyway these days - esspecially if they know your having a later ceremony!! They'll just be excited to be invited to share in your day! The more the merrier is my motto now after h2b decided to drunkly invite the whole of our local a couple weeks ago!!!image (luckily it was a quiet night so not as bad as it could have been!!!)

Well having had a think about it I've decided to just stick with day guests but I have added a couple on! If we have more people decline I might see about adding a few more!

I'm much more of a cosy in door in the winter person that a summery outdoor person some I'm good with photos in the dark or by candle light/artificial light! I defintitely want to try and get a nice sunset silhouette picture on the day though, fingers crossed its dry at least for part of it!

On a completely different note...... I've just been practicing my new signature! I realised I don't have one yet so thought I should have a try of some! My current one is a bit boring as I never really thought about it but I've had to keep it the same. Decided I want a nice one this time! And I think I've cracked it....after a full page of A4 scribbles!

I feel like as fast as I'm checking things off my to do list I'm adding more stuff as I think of it, anyone else like that? Seems to be never ending!!

There is a 1 in my ticker which is making me nervous.

I have my first dress fitting this weekend and I havent lost any weight (also I have torn the cartilage in my knee so I cannot exercise image )

I am having a nervous breakdown over RSVPs thinking no one is coming

Generally I feel like I am falling apart!  Arrrrrrrrrgh!

Deep Breath!

Did you order your dress to fit, or smaller expecting to lose wieght? If its ordered to fit - dont worry! Just enjoy getting your dress on!

When's the date for your rsvp's to be back? My experience is that people tend to forget till nearer the cutoff point - i've had about 3 rsvp's so far and they were sent about 2 1/2 weeks ago! Try not panic, and just chase people once the date has passed!

And try not to fall apart!!!image easier said than done I know - I didnt sleep most of last week panicing over things, but I seemed to have chilled a bit this week!

Take a deep breath, write a new list of things needing to be sorted and start from there!

Big Hugs xx

• don't worry about rsvps - our rsvp date was last week and we were missing nearly half of them. A few phone calls/emails later and everyone is coming, the common repsonse was 'of course we're coming' (as if I should have known some how!)

People seem better at replying if they aren't coming!!

I was wide awake at 3am yesterday, remembering things i need to do and worrying about random things going wrong. Have wiritten a long 'to do' list... hopefully I'll sleep tonight.

We spoke with our registrar at the weekend, to talk through the ceremony. It's really exciting now that it's feeling real!

I think I really need a list, the problem is when I try and write one my mind goes blank!

No my dress has been made to measure and I havent change since I was measured so it should fit, I just wanted to be 1/2 a stone lighter by now image  So I am gutted with myself really.

RSVP date was Monday, so I know I shouldnt be panicking, my reasoning behind this mini melt down is that everyone who hadnt replied so far has pretty much been a no, and a few people that said yes have now turned round and said they're not coming, I guess I need to get over it but I am sad about it.

I am seening the florist on Friday so I guess thats where my list should start, what flowers we want and for where, I'll panic on Saturday if the dress doesnt fit and I HAVE to finish writing my evening invites this week.  I think thats a good enough to do list for this week!

Dont be sad about the people who have turned down the invite! It's their loss, and with a smaller amount of people it'll be more intimate and you'll be able to spend time with everyone there to support you instead of feeling rushed about speaking to everyone! (Also think of the saving - more money towards the honeymoon!!!)

As for the dress/weightloss - someone said to me a few weeks ago, The dress is ment to fit you, your not ment to fit the dress! Takes the pressure right off! Remember he's gonna think your stunning whatever - and so's everyone else, so try not to put too much pressure on yourself as you'll end up not enjoying the process, and that'll be a far greater shame than 1/2 a stone one way or the other!!!

And I'll bet once those invites are out, the flowers are sorted and you let the excitement of getting your dress on(!!!) take over, you'll feel far better and less stressed!!

Try to relax this week and enjoy the weekend!

image Cheers! I think I need a super slap at the moment!

I think I am going to have a nice relaxing evening with the H2B tonight as he has been away for work and we'll chill out and it will all seem better then!