Forum home Archived I got married in November 2012

November Brides Chat

• mandy503mandy503 Posts: 2,066

I should be able to pop to hobbycraft on sunday - if I can drag h2b in there, might have to use 'but its my birthday treat weekend' image and then pout a little! image so I can check out the pen then!

Yeah I'm decorating the cake too - only very simply though with ribbon and a pretty brooch! I'm even cheating and getting ready made, ready rolled icing!! image

I think my DIY list has been big enough for both of us! Its getting a little crazy now to be honest - but I just cant help myself!!!!! Just dont tell h2b I admited that!!!image

Well done on ya daughters flowers! Pics? image

• abi2889abi2889 Posts: 486
    Of course, I shall add some pictures when I get on the laptop later!

I do love a DIY project, I wish I could have done more, I've not bought a lot instead I've had friends and family doing things but its not quite the same! Hence the reason for wanting to make my table plan more interesting!

I'm tempted to make mini gingerbread boys and girls as favours to go with the little conversation crackers.....and the big jar of mini heart shape mints for people to help them selves to!

Hmmm......maybe I will!

Do it! Its a great feeling to step back and think: 'I did that!'

I've only diy'd so much coz all out budget went on venue, food and photographer! Its been fun, but half our living room is now full of boxes - including in front of our firepace, really need to move them all now that its starting to get cold!

Go have fun creating!

I've been google'ing again and think they would be great! I know if I do a standard batch of just mini ones I will have 40 odd biscuits and that's what I need! I can make the dough the weekend before and keep it in the fridge then bake and ice a day or 2 before as they keep great! So excited definitely going to do it! Just need a few supplies and we are good to go!

Yea!!!!! image Have fun! xx

so these are the flowers I made for our little girl, just need to curl the silver ribbon!

And these are the mini gingerbread people I made at the weekend that I highjacked to trial some decorating!!

The teaspoon is next to them so you can see the size! I'm not sure which of the boys I like best, I could do all the designs but I will need different icing for the bride one with a dress as the tube stuff is a bit dry and doesn't pipe great!

• Hello everyone, how are you all getting on? not long to go now! I am going to a wedding on 10/11/12 and then we get married on 30/11/12 so it's all happening! Very excited.

I feel quite organised today although the wedding nightmares have well & truely started, last night in my dream my dad was drunk and we were trying to pick him up to go to church, my dress was tea length and all twisted at the top, I was wearing a black bra underneath it, I phoned my dad as for some reason i had my winter coat with mobile phone in the pocket!

Then the driver kept saying to me do you have money to cancel some sort of appointment that I had, do you have a spare speech in the boot, do you have all your props in the boot?! Aargh! Also when we were driving around we were going back and forward past the church & my guests were standing outside looking at me!

So I'm shattered today image xx

• manfawmanfaw Posts: 2,756

Hello all!

Hope all is going well in the world for you image

I had my hen this weekend and it was EPIC!  We went to the Sanderson Hotel in London for a Mad Hatters Tea Party (so the Alice theme finally made sense!) then on to a rather swanky bar called the Crazy Bear then danced our tooshes off in Jewel in Covent Garden before we collapsed!  I had such a fab time I am still on cloud 9!

As for the planning well I havent done much more image I need to get a wriggle on, we've got lots of "finalisation" meetings coming up with suppliers so I really have to chase my RSVPs now, H2B and his groomsmen STILL need to sort out their suits image  Other than that I think all is coming together now!

How is everyone else doing?  We've got a wedding on the 19 October which I am sooooo looking forward to image Its getting me all in the right mood for ours!

I also have been plauged with the wedding nightmares of late, well mainly not being able to sleep which is slightly annoying - I finally managed to sleep last night and dreamt all my hair was falling out image  Not great!

Abi - thoses flowers and gingerbread men look brilliant!!!! Well done! And I did manage to get to hobbycraft on sunday (h2b had an unimpressed bored look on the whole time!!!) and found one of those pens in Silver! I'll uplaod pics if I can get them to work on my laptop!

Manfaw - Your Hen Night sounds awesome!!!! I still have no idea about mine...image...except I know theres going to be a Mr&Mrs quiz as h2b was struggling over the answers to some of the questions (bless him, he didnt want to make me feel awkward if a certain person was going to be there, but didnt know what else to write!), though I dont know the questions that were asked!

I have recently avoided any wedding mares...must mean I'm due for a shed load soon then image

Well I'll try and load a pic of the table plan I've been working on...

(yea! it worked!) So its still a work in progress, but I'm really pleased with it so far! I still need to paint the edges of the frame in blue, and attach the roses properly, but I'm really happy with the silver pen on the mirror! And I'm going to add some diamonte pins to the center of the roses to add some sparkle!

What do ya think?

Also been working on my 'thank you' shot sign,

Might be a bit dificult to see, but so far I have painted a plank of MDF white (Harder than it sounds! I forgot how porus MDF is!) and sorted out my spacing for the words 'All Because Two People Fell In Love' onto tracing paper so I can trace it onto the plank then just need to paint on the words in black!

I actually, can almost see a hint of light at the end of the wedding planning tunnel now! Almost!image

Though h2b still hasnt given out the invites to his side of the friends, (I can hear oh-so-tacky facebook invites calling!image ) and if I dont have the menu choices for his Gran, His Dad, and his new partner by Friday, I WILL choose for them, and they'll have to like it or lump it!!! (the cut off was 1st oct! They're taking the mick now!!! image)

But on a happier note - I get to pick up my dress tomorrow!!!!!!! So excited to see it and wear it again!! I'll actually be able to walk in it and see how it really feels on! (They've had to take about a foot off the front because I'm such a short arse! image ) And I've been wearing my shoes in too - they now have little toe indents inside where they've moulded to my foot!!!! And my niece had her dress fitting on saturday - my sis kept sending me pictures, she looks so pretty, and my nephew kept poking his head round the corner like the cheeky chap he is, to get in the pictures too!!! image)

Hope everyone else is also having a good day!

How annoying I just wrote a long reply and my Internet crashed!!

Mandy, love the table plan, now really want to find some glass to write on as it looks so great! Also love the idea of the sign, wish I had the time to make one too.....I suppose I could task my dad with making one...?!

Manfaw, your hen do sounds amazing!! It's mine on Saturday, all I know is I'm having my nails done and girlie afternoon then dinner and dancing, oh and we are wearing glitter and sparkle...but that was my idea!

H2b has decided he now wants a waistcoat....I'm not even contemplating trying to include the rest of the men, just too much hassle this close to the wedding so its his thing to make him a bit different to the others. Also tasked my mum with making the boys pocket squares from the material I ordered that matches my dress, should be easy enough!

Is anyone else arranging back up plans for possible bad weather on their wedding day? My h2b seems to think there's a good chance of snow in November, so I'm thinking of getting some ankle wellie boots...maybe jazz them up a bit, as I really don't think my lovely glitter shoes could cope with snow! Really do think I will need to get a nice big brolly for if its raining as, let's me honest, that's quite likely!

Our venue is down a country lane so also having a few friends with 4x4 cars on stand by in case we need better transport to get us there through snow!

Is there anything else I should be planning for "just in case?"

Ooooo SNOW!!!! I've actually been hoping for snow! (though not too much as do still have to travel to cornwall and back again!) I have cute ugg style boots for outside shots to keep my toes toasty and my shoes 'weather' free! And at the beginning of the summer our local chemist was selling off their umbrellas at £2 each (image) so I bought as many of the clear ones as they had!!! (I think I have about 5)

CANNOT believe how close its all getting! Eeeekkkk!!!

Ok so my plan of having my cousin do our wedding photos isn't really going to plan.... She's not confident as it will be dark and wants to still be able to enjoy the wedding as a guest (understandable on both accounts) only problem is, we have no money for a proper photographer! I've attempted to speak to h2b about booking my friends dad who could do it cheap for just the ceremony and half an hour after but he just doesn't want to know.....help!! Am I going to be ok having no formal photographer?

We have disposable cameras on the tables, and various people with good cameras, I just don't want to look back an think....oh we'll our photos are ok!

Hi Abi, I dont know if you've managed to sort your photograper problem, but I remembered the other day that when I was looking for one, I came across this company - they have a network of togs from all areas of the country, and they're prices are unbeatable! I cant help with reviews as when our plans changed I found ours in Cornwall, but thought it might be useful for you!

http://www.bigdayproductions.co.uk/includes/wedding-packages-image-only.html

Hey ladies! 

Loving the table plan ideas! Its all coming together nicely!

Abi enjoy your hen you're going to love it! I cant believe its been a week since mine - where is the time going?!

Mandy I have a question - where did you get the Uggs your wearing because I have ummed and arrhed over this and I haven't sorted anything out but I really think I better have some outside shoes and I think Uggs are the way forwards!!  As for other plans, we have 2 massive white umberellas.  I am really hoping it doesn't snow mainly because half of my guests are driving up the morning of the wedding which means if it does its likely half of them won't get here image  So please hold off on the snow at least until after 2pm on the 17th November - after that you're welcome to as much of the white stuff as you like!

Abi have youi tried contacting any local colleges about a photographer?  You might get someone really cheap or for free?

I think we're having a wedding clean up weekend, getting all our numbers sorted, table plans started, suits measured and DIY stuff bought!  We have a date tonight though pizza and bowling I think we both need a nice weekend together!

Hey manfaw!The uggs were from a chinnese shop on ebay - they're great quality though and shipped pretty quick - I put the link on the new shoe thread in fashion for someone else, so check that - give me a shout if ya cant find it and I'll re post!

As for snow - I want it from about 3.30 pm on 20th Nov, then to be all clear for 10am on the 21st as I need to get back to suffolk for our reception...so dont worry I promise I wont ask for it any earlier!!! (esp as I have to travel to Cornwall 1st too!!!!image come hell or high snow drifts I'm getting to Cornwall for the 20th November!!!!!)

Cheers I'll go hunt for it!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh there is a chance they'll be delivered 2 days after the wedding, I better not risk it so looks like the H2B is gonna have to buy me the Uggs I wanted originally now!

Todays Posts are Sponsered by the Number 1!!!

1 Month 1 Week, 1 Day!!!!! 

I picked up my dress yesterday!!! I'm so Happy with it!!!!! It hangs perfectly now theres not an extra foot of dress hanging off the bottom!!!!

Ignore the fact the boning really shows through - it was the lighting in the room, It doesnt show so much in real life! (I was REALLY dissapointed when I first saw the pics, but the seamstress said it happens a lot with pics in that room, and its always fine on the proffessional photos of the day!)

I love how it hugs my curves - my MOH kept saying I'm gonna blow hubby's socks off - which reminds me, I need to buy some socks and pants for his grooms box!...scuttles off to ebay to purchace said items!!!

Ooooooooooooooooooooooh look at you!!!

That is a beautiful dress! You definitely are going to blow his socks off!

Thank You! My only problem comes when I sit down...my boobs like to make themseves the star of the show! I'm gona have to figure out a wy to keep them contained! (At least I wont be wearing it for the meal - to much of a spill hazard, so I'm changing) so the only real time I'll be sitting is for the signing of the regista - I tjink I might just put my shrug back on for that bit!!

That sounds like a plan!  I can't help you here as I have nothing!

How come you're changing your dress and more importantly what are you changing in to?!

Thanks for the suggestions girls, I think I have sorted to photographer issue now. My mum has a friend who is a photographer who is actually driving the mums and bridesmaids to the wedding in his new car so will be there already and happy to do us a favour doing some more formal shots of the wedding. I was really panicking and was quite upset thinking we wouldn't have proper photos but panic over all sorted!

Mandy your dress is beautiful, and I love the colour! Definitely gives you a bit of va va voooom! You may well find that after you've been walking around and wearing your dress you sort of settle into it so when you come to sit down you should be ok....just wouldn't lean too far forward lol!

Eeeeek hen do tomorrow and I can't wait! Been prepping all week, using it as a bit of a wedding make up and beauty trial to see how it all holds up!

I was contemplating some nice ankle wellies but now I really want ugg type boots, plus I'm more likely to wear them again! I'm sure I've seen some silver ones....now just to find them again!

I'm changing because the majority of our guests wont see my dress untill our reception back home in suffolk, and as we're having tomato soup, and a tomato based sauce on our main, I KNOW I'll spill it down me and ruin my dress unless I plan ahead and change - and of course as I'll have changed my dress, sods law dictates that I wont actually spill a drop!!!

Also means I can take of my 'suck-em-in-and-hold-em-in pants' and actually be able to enjoy my dinner!!! (its costing enough!)

And I'm changing in to this:

Its a Vivien of Holloway, and coz they come in vintage sizes I ordered a size bigger than it turns out I need, so in this pic its a bit too big (I am now waiting for the replacement in the correct size!) and I've also ordered a better sash! I always wanted big skirts with a big blue petticoat, but my dress didnt have/need either, so needing a second dress, this was my chance!!

I'm very much looking forward to seeing your final fitting photos......hint hint image

Ahhhhhhhhhh I see!  Clever lady! image I love the second dress too I love VoH dresses!!

Haha ok I will quickly put one up now but I will be deleting it before I leave work at 5 so you'll have to see it quickly!  Oh and also bear in mind I dont have the right knickers on under the dress so it looks a bit strange!

Thanks Abi - yeah, I did find after I'd been in it while (so did not want to take it off!) that it started to feel a bit more comfy so hopefully...but I am thinking of just perching on the seat and sitting as upright as I can to alliviete the prob!!! image

Enjoy your hen! I still know nothing about mine...other than a couple of the guests are causing my MOH a headache, but I have enough of that with my wedding guestlist so I'm leaving her to it!

Deleted!!   Have fun on your hen Abi!

You look STUNNING!!! Its a gorgeous dress! Whose it by?

Thanks image I love it!

Its a Jonathan James dress called Cameo

I love the lace edging around the bottom!

As soon as I saw it I knew it was the one! image

Right ladies I am outta here have a lovely weekend everyone and Abi have a great hen!

Well I had my hen do! I was a bit anxious about it as my friend (not my MoH I will add) and I have different ideas on what is a good hen do. We had our nails done and some other beauty treatments, which they paid for, then after much faffing of figuring out how we were going to get there we went for a meal In romford. It was nice but loud, we then get free entry to its club (playing dance music), we were on our way home by 11 as we live about n hour away!

It was fun, and it was nice what my friend had tried to do just not quite what I had asked her to plan! We went from a party of 12/13 to 4 for the evening out mainly because being so far away it was getting expensive. The day was fun, I'm just not a clubby person and don't drink so at least I didnt have a hangover this morning!

Bridal shower next Sunday (planned by my sister who is MoH, as I originally requested) and that's with mums, auntie my nan and daughter as well as a few friends so I'm looking forward to that. Even better is that I'm only 4weeks and 4 days away from W day!!