November Brides Chat

• manfawmanfaw Posts: 2,756

Awwwww sounds like a lovely day!  And TBH my hen was 10 in the day and went down to 5 in the evening and we all still had a blast!

I cant believe how quick its all coming round now, I have my friends wedding this Friday, we're finalising with the venue on Sunday, seeing the registrar the following Saturday.... I am starting to feel calmer about things now too - which is lovely!

ETA - Sorry I skim read before, though it does sound like your friend really did try and arrange a good hen for you, but at least you have a bridal shower to look forward to as well!

• mandy503mandy503 Posts: 2,066

Hi Abi, it doesnt sound like you fully enjoyed your hen image thats a shame - I hope you have a better time at you shower next week!

Well I had a productive - if exhusting weekend!! Had to work all day saturday, and managed to finish my thank you sign (quite pleased with it if I do say so myself!) then had a friends reception to go to. (Thank fully unlike my wedding nightmare, the bride was not wearing a dress even remotely similar to mine...and yet somehow (not on purpose!) managed to get h2b to think it is similar, so he's going to have absolutly no idea!!!!!!!! imageimage ) then had a roast dinner for friends dumped on me, went something like this....h2b - Oh C&K are coming round, I said you'd do a roast dinner. Me - Oh!!! Er ok! (sheer panic!) I had planned on leisurely being able to bake, layer, and freeze our wedding cake yesterday!

Well I managed it somehow - and even had a clean kitchen when we went to bed, but dont know how as I didnt even get the chance to start baking til nearly 2 in the afternoon!!! Ah well, it was a nice evening to catch up with friends, and she didnt mind chatting while I filled and stacked the cake!

Hope everyones having a good start to the week!!! Not many weeks left now!!!!!!!!!!!

• abi2889abi2889 Posts: 486
    Wow ladies sounds like you both had very productive weekends!

Manfaw its grea thy you're not feeling too stressed....I'm staring to get stressed but more over the what ifs than things I've actually got to do!

The hen do was fine, nothing was terrible and we had fun because all the girls are my good friends I think what bothered me more was the amount of time the friend who organised it spent on Facebook, texting her other half or talking about her wedding/hen do (she gets married in July). She's lovely and her heart is in the right place but she's loud and confident and I'm quiet and quite shy, so don't always see eye to eye!

In other news.... I had my meeting with our venue today, it was great! Got all sorts finalised and sorted, they're so helpful, even took my little one off to te kitchen for some biscuits when she started moaning she was hungry! I'm actually really excited about the day now and have every faith in our venue to get it all perfect!

One month exactly today!
  • thats all sounding really good and that you are all organised! we are going menu tasting tonight, very excited. Had my bridesmaids dress fitting last ngiht and it will be finished in 2 weeks, it fits her perfect and she looks amazing in it which she was worried about as she has been trying & sucesfully lost weight! it just needs shortened as its about a foot too long lol. Also dropped off my flower girl's dress to have some of the claret red of the BM's dresses put onto a sash. the FG dress is just far too cute! kind of similar ish to mine in terms of buttons at the back and lace overlay but obviously its knee length & mine is long with train!

keep dropping hints to my h2b about the speech now. Nailed the table plan last night for 108 guests, yay! and now just checking the spellings of all names as I'm paranoid I got in wrong between now & when i sent the invites! Oh and I gave notice of marraige last Thuhrsday as my birth cert FINALLY arrived

what does everyone else have on this week?

• You sound super producitve! with 25 days to go (13 at work) i am beginning for the first time to feel a bit stressed, I know it will all come together, but its all the little bits from polaroid camera film (randomly expensive) to ribbon to tie flip flops together!

I know the effort will be more than worth it! Hopefully i have my final dress fitting next week too, where I can colllect the dress - yay!

Hope everyone else is well and plans are coming together!

xx

Yummmm for menu tasting - we did ours ages ago and I wish we had waited now!

We're seeing the venue on Sunday for our finalisation meeting, now we have all the numbers in!  Some people think your mind readers honestly!

Other than that all we need to do is pay everyone I think - I sorted the table plan, I just need to make it now, along with the table names..... which could turn in to a disaster!  I made the place cards last night which look ok if not a bit plain but hey ho!

• We have our final meeting with venue tonight, I'm excited about it  image. Have our meal tasting on the 28th which I'm also really looking forward too!

Glad you ladies had good hen do's, mine was really good up but it ended in a disaster image,felt really down about it last week but having another one next week with work so hopefully that will make up for it.

I ordered my underwear & jewellery yesterday and borrowing a veil so nearly done, woop! getting so excited image

Aw no what happened?  Hopefully having another one will make up for it!

I have only just got knickers to go under my dress I have to go and try them on to make sure they're ok but I am worried about going to try my dress on again as I am not having any alterations image I might just wait until the day!

I managed to get bargin underwear from BHS! I dont need a bra as my dress is corseted inside, (and I have enough umppff!!! image) and got some really nice (if a little naughty) blue satin and black lace panties - only cost £6 and thought h2b would appreciate them more than white ones! with the thickness of the satin and the several layers, it'll never show through the dress!

On another note entirely, I can finally relax on the guestlist front! H2b finally sent (I say sent, it came down to facebook in the end! image) all his side of the friends invites, and I chased up my extended family - which of course all had to be invited, none of which are coming!!! but I think all our friends are, so thats fantastic - was having visions of an empty venue, and way too much food!!!!

Tho still only a handful have put their song requests in their rsvps! So thats another job to do - figure out the list of songs to give the dj! Any suggestions welcome ladies!!!

5 weeks to the hour that I'll be walking down the aisle! Eeekkk!!!

• My cousin who was bridesmaid ended up punching me and being a total knob! so now that has meant a family fall out and less guests to the wedding, but saved money so there is silver lining afterall lol!

I'm sure your dress will be perfect, I need mine altered slightly but still need to find someone to do it image

Bloody hell thats outrageous! image I cant believe she'd do that - I take it there has been no apology?! Wow I am seriously shocked!

Does your dress shop do alterations?  Or if they dont perhaps another bridal store would?

Wow!!! Really sorry to hear about that!! I hope you arnt too physically hurt! What a nightmare!

At least its all come out now, and not on your wedding day!!! Do you have other briesmaids who can help you, and make you feel happy again?

• Nope no apology, my uncle (her dad) even went on fb straight away and said some not nice things about me and my friends. It didn't hurt but we have always been close so it was a huge shock.

I'm feeling better about it now, just forgetting about them and focussing on getting excited, don't need people like that in my life!

I bought my dress in a sale and the shop don't do alterations, my mums friend knows someone who may be able to do it for me so best phone her asap!

Thats so out of order - but glad you're not letting it get you down at all.

Yes get on the phone!!!!!

I rang a local bridal store that stocked my designer and found out where they had their alterations done - found a fab little seamstresses and got my alterations done for £120.

Keep smiling, and keep geting excited! xx

It's crazy how weddings and wedding planning brings up so much history and drama in families, luckily we haven't had too much to deal with planning it this time round (previously planned large wedding 2 years ago and we cancelled it) as we kept in small, most of our family drama is with slightly more distant family!

Still think its great your still upbeat and not letting it get you down!

I got my new passport through the other day! Sooo exciting! It has my married name on it along with my new signature, feels so real now Eeek! Now if only I could destress my h2b and he would stop worrying me with chest pain (he's so stressed, a lot of other stuff going on with his dad and now his nan in hospital, and recent mishap with a food allergy!) we might manage to get to the wedding day in one piece!
  • Well at least they won't be causing drama at the wedding because they won't be there.

Had final meeting with venue last night, feels so real now! Eeek! now looking forward to my trial meal on the 28th, should be yummy!

That's exciting about your passport Abi, hope your H2B feels better soon image

Oooh exciting about the passport, I am not going to change mine til we come back from minimoon (I couldnt justify the cost before the wedding!) but we got new passes in work today and mine has my new surname on it already!

I finished my placecards and my table name cards - so just the table plan to make and i think all my DIY is over!

I have my friends wedding tomorrow which I am really looking forward to! image

Oooooh how exciting, I bet going to another wedding makes its all exciting knowing that will be you in just a few weeks!

We all had o get passports as h2b changed his surname and needed one for ID, mine expired years ago so made sense to get one in my married name, and our little one has never had one! As we are planning a little break o Disneyland Paris the week after the wedding they may come in handy!

I have to say my daughters one has been the hardest to get, as we changed her surname by deed poll to match ours but did it online so got sent the deed poll, so we needed that, plus photos countersigned, full application plus all her grandparents details because we are both born after 1982! And to add o it the wrote o me today to say I need a signed letter of consent from my other half (her dad) to consent to the name change.....even high it's changing o match his new surname! I just hope we get it back soon!

Oh and to add to potential stress, nursery school have just old us half her class is off with chicken pox, apparently it's likely to have been around or up to 2 weeks....she's already had a nasty cold, and not had chicken pox before (at least not for definite) brilliant 4 weeks to go and we could be facing chicken pox!!

H2b has been checked out, it appears his got high blood pressure so got to take it easy, not eat when you have a sports job!

For once its not the wedding stressing me its everything else!

Oooh fingers crossed she doesnt get the chicken pox image  And that your OH does as he is told and is better soon!

I guess I have all this fun to come with the name changing stuff...... meh I will have to cross that bridge when I get to it!

Yup I am soooooooooooooooo excited about my friends wedding - though I dont know what to wear!  Thats what's stressing me today! lol

Ah the great outfit debate! Always a challenge us ladies face, and there's nothing like a wedding to make it challenging!

I think I will be force feeding h2b rescue remedy and running him bubble baths to help!

I'm really hoping that her cold is not related to pre chicken pox, she's not good with itching and tends to pick....not what you want when she will be wearing a white dress for the wedding!

It doesn't rain but it pours as they say!

Seriously name changing us such a faff, bit easier when it's by marriage as so e places let you do it online with your marriage certificate number but they don't if its deed poll, it has to be sent, and you can never find where to send it! At least ill know where to send all my things post wedding as I've don't it once for h2b! There really should be a one stop shop for changing your name post wedding, even if it just listed the addresses of every company for where to send it! Hmm......maybe there's a business venture!
  • I will have to do my passport pretty quick after wedding as booking honeymoon for may in new name. Plus all the other name changes! That, the thank you cards & Christmas should keep me busy in December. Already had a family war over where we will b on Xmas day what a joke. Our parents are behaving like children now!

Should add that we are also in process of selling our house, so having to be around for solicitor surveyor & mortgage advisor for new house appointments. It's all go!

And I am taking my 4 yr old horse to his first competition tomorrow-another source if stress & worry! And I'm still not losing weight with stress like everyone says I will!! That would b the only advantage of all the stress! Lol.

Hi ladies!

Glad to see everyones feeling good and positive today!!!!!!!! I woke up this morning, and for the 1st time in ages decided that as tomorrow is 1 MONTH TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not going to stress or think about anything else other than how dam excited I am that I get married to the love of my life in 1 MONTHS TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(just a bit excited!!! tee hee image )

Also found this link in my emails and thought it might be useful for those still wanting Uggs. Some discount vouchers!

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/cheap-ugg-boots

Have a good weekend girls!

Woohoo Mandy 1 month to go!! Feels so good! I'm now on 27 days countdown which is crazy!

My lists are getting smaller but there are an awful lots of different lists.... Still to get, what to take to the venue the day before, what to pack for mini moon, things still to do, various lists with menu choices and numbers.....it's a bit crazy really!

Got my bridal shower on Sunday which I'm really looking forward to!

And, no sign of any chicken pox from my little one yet which is a bonus!

30nov2012bride..... I know what you mean about Xmas....we have been planning what we want since August because its such a juggling act to keep everyone happy! Hoping to play the is our first Christmas as a married couple card!

Ah, The Great Pile Of Lists!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mine just dont seem to ever get any smaller!!!!!!! (cross one thing off, another 3 take its place!)

I hope you had a fab shower today Abi, and that your little one is still chicken pox free!

As for christmas............... image

Well, had a great bridal shower! Lots of games including veil making comps, loo roll wedding dresses and decorating knickers!! Lots of cupcakes and treats too!

Still chicken pox free which is great as it looks like may have avoided it (at least for now!), h2b is a little better but still getting chest pain due to blood pressure so he's got to go back to doctors this week as he's not doing very well at reducing his blood pressure by destressing!

Back to work tomorrow but only 3 weeks left until its off or wedding time!!!!!!
  • Your bridal shower sounds great fun! I have just picked my table names, I will contact the stationary supplier this week and get them printed. waiting to confirm the surname of one of my h2b's friends new gf then place cards can be printed. all happening! I looked through my spreadhseet this morning and a lot of what i need to do now is pay suppliers eek. Ocotber pay is not going to stretch very far!!

on the plus isde people have been very generous donating to our trailfinders honeymoon account image

Thats great news about your honeymoon fund - hope our guests are as generous! image

I have been an email sending machine today! Anyone else feeling a little overwhelmed with everythig that needs to be done still? (although our venue says that I'm very organised, I dont feel it at the mo!)

At least I dont need to worry too much about paying suppliers- all the money for them has been saved and is sitting in our savings account ready to be transfered, its just all the last minute details thats still to be bought thats slightly stressing me money wise! That, and making sure we have enough petrol money set aside for getting to cornwall and back!!!!

It'll be fine. It'll be fine. It'll be fine! (I think this'll have to be my new mantra for the next 4 weeks! And I'll have to keep reminding my self of my avatar - Keep Calm, Its Only A Wedding!) image

Hope everyones doing well today! xx

• Happy tuesday ladies! Hope all are well! I had a giggle reading through the references to lists - its lists galore for me at the moment! 18 days to go - 8 days left in the office work wise  (woo hoo!) i think i wont get into full wedding mode until i finish work - and then it will probably fly until the big day! Anyone else having funny dreams?  Mine are  around being late, and my dress (final fitting today!)

x

• Been ok on the dream front for a while - altho I do sympathise with you! I feel under control today which is bizarre! Head is more full of house move than wedding today.

20 more working days for me, can't wait to hear all of your reports on your big days I'll have them to look forward to before my big day as I am the last one to get married! xx