November Brides Chat

Hi girls, I noticed there are a lot of threads for brides in other months so I thought it would be nice to share our stories, our planning adn help & support each other. I get married on 30th November, at a local church and then on to a country house hotel reception. We live in scotland and the 30th is St Andrew's day so quite appropriate. Our theme is red & ivory, with a touch of tartan.

Would love to hear from you all!

• MrsChez2bMrsChez2b Posts: 476

Hi There,

I'm a November bride! We get married in Essex on 24th November! We pretty much have everything sorted now, just need to sort out mens suits and finalise the menus with the caterers. We're having navy, silver and ivory and a winter wonderland theme with lots of snowflakes and sparkles. Then we're off to Mexico a few days later on our honeymoon xxx

• that sounds like you are all under control, we must get married at opposite ends of the country! Feels like we still have a lot to do, men's kilts (3), favours, table plans, table decorations, play list for drinks reception, pick the menu & canapes, send the rest of my invites, get shoes for my bridesmaids and a flower girl outfit, and hats for the mothers! My mum is away back to America for (another) 6 weeks so thats a lot more things I will have to do, she has helped with a lot of my stationery though!

i took my engagement ring to the jeweller last night as i need tohave a wedding ring made, my left hand feels naked today image

mexico will be fabulous I'm sure, have you been before? your theme sounds gorgreous too. are you hoping for a sunny or a snowy day? navy and silver with sparkles sounds lovely, so pretty! are your BM's in navy?

nice to here another novembr bride!!! xxx

• Hey there, I'm getting married on 17th November, small ceremony and dinner then massive party, I'm wearing a champagne coloured dress with the men in navy, still lots to do, men's suits, my jewellery and dress alterations, finalise menu, invitations, table plan. I'm not having favours or centrepieces as we're donating the money that we would have spent on them to charity instead, same with cars, being driven by my brother, he has a nice car and those things aren't important to us. Won't be long, time is flying.
  • manfawmanfaw Posts: 2,756

Hello!

We're getting married on the 17th November image  We're getting married in Cheshire and have a manor house in the country, the wedding and reception will be all in one place.  Our colours are navy and white, we've pretty much done all there is to do but I am having a couple of headaches with suppliers at the moment so I think I will be DIYing the rest of our stationery!

I have had a few cryptic emails about my hen this week and I have no idea when my dress is due to arrive..... I think I may be having some tear my hair out moments in the near future!

• Manfaw, having it all in one place will be great if the weather is bad! oh dear, hope you are creative and arty? I'm sure it will be stunning! I am not DIY at all, i am so careless with making things that I wasn't even allowed to write my own invites, my writing is very untidy!

when are you having your hen / stag parties, close to the wedding or is their built in recovery time before the wedding?! We've already had our main henny, and are having another local one the weekend before.

November belle, thats a lovely idea to donate the money to charity, what charity have you chosen? I think we will be doing that instead of favours ad donating to a cancer charity as i lost one of my BM's to be to cancer earlier this year.

what planning are you all doing this week? It's 15 weeks on friday until our wedding, I really can't believe how quick its going. I feel like someone pressed fast forward button in April and its now August! xx

I am hoping the weather wont be wet at the very least as we've just bought our confetti and can only use it outside! 

I should be ok with what is left to do, its only the table plan, so it shouldn't be too hard image  I made our order of the day so it'll be along the same lines (plain and simple!) I know what you mean about writing on the invites though!  I ended up writing them but I didnt want to as I hate my handwriting!

H2Bs stag is at the end of September and my hen is the beginning of October so loooooads of recovery (and diet!) time image

• Oh diet I hear, as I have a square of cadburys caramel. Hahaha. I really need to sort myself out, I would like half a stone off before final alterations on dress, which is being held up as my shoes haven't arrived, called today though and they"ll be delivered on 28th.

November2012 bride, we giving to a local cancer hospice also, my dad survived bowel cancer a few years back thankfully so we try to do our best for the charity at every opportunity.

Tomorrow we have to go to Donegal to give notice of marriage that's where we are having the ceremony, we are both from northern Ireland so there's a bit of paperwork involved, and an extra bit of cash if truth be told, ah well, it will be worth it. Im having a meeting about my bouquet this weekend (my friend is making it), finalising numbers and invite design and I think that's about it for this week, oh and juggling the budget but that's a given every week for me. Ha.

Wow sounds like everyone has alot going on! Can you believe our weddings are getting so close? I think its finally hit home now that I only have 2 days until my hen night! I know its really early but September and October are a whirlwind of 30th birthdays and another wedding so Saturday was the only day that everyone can do lol plus my sister is over for the month and you cant have a hen night without the Maid of Honour!

November Belle- what a lovely idea. How very thoughtful to donate all that money to charity. Your dad must be very proud xx

30th November 2012 Bride- i have my MOH in navy and my junior bridesmaids and flower girl in ivory. The men will be in dark grey suits with navy ties or cravats (its up to OH to decide that part). We're hoping for a bright crisp day as the gardens at our venue are lovely and we'd love to have some pictures taken outside. I do have my wellies and umbrellas ready in case it rains though, you can just never tell with english weather!! image

• Hello all, how are you getting on? busy weekends wedding planning? I did a lot of gardening and not much wedding planning this weekend, I am ordering my little cards for the charity badges (favours) at lunchtime though and need to get my OH to fill in his side of the wedding forms today.

Mrs Chez2b, how was your hen night?

It's just flying in, I'm 14.5 weeks to go! (wonder if I can lose a pound a week and get a stone off?!)

13 weeks for us and I am starting to panic!  I am wondering the same about losing weight 30th November! Its my hen in 6 weeks and I want to have lost at least half a stone by then so its time to ramp up the gym sessions and cut out the rubbish!

No planning for us this weekend either, we are getting our evening invites tomorrow though which I will need to plough on with and start getting sent out!  I cant believe where the time is going now and my ticker has a 2 in it!

Hi Ladies

Hen night was amazing thanks image Had so much fun that I'm really disappointed that its over and I want to do it all again! My sister did an amazing job of organising the whole thing, really did me proud image

Not much else going on at the moment, although I bought my little nieces flower girl dress yesterday, she's only 2 and looks adorable in the little frilly dress and sparkly hairband. I'm also taking my Mum and Sister plus our photographer to see our venue next week, cant wait to see the place again. Been looking at the pictures on their website and it gives me butterflies knowing its only 3 months this weekend to go!

• oh a flower girl's dress, how cute! did you get little shoes too? where did youget it from if you don't mind me asking? I have to get one for aur 4 yr old flower girl, looking forward to going shopping with her and my sil2b.

that must be so exciting to see your venue again! a wee reminder of what its like!

I have just had THE phone call.............. MY DRESS HAS ARRIVED!

Aaaarrrrghhhh Manfaw! How exciting! When do you get to go and see it?

I got the flower girl dress from Monsoon, i work for them so got it half price. Absolute bargain image She's a little diva and has a navy party dress to change into for the reception too. Monsoon have some really cute little dresses (although I may be biased lol), I found it hard to choose! BHS have some really sweet ones too. I almost got the one with the little flower petals in the skirt but they didnt have her size at the time.

I am going to go on the 8th Sept, I cant go this weekend and the weekend after I am having my hair trial so cant get there then either!  I am so excited though!

I bet it seems like an eternity away at the moment doesnt it? Its a great feeling standing there knowing you have on the dress you're actually going to get married in image Good luck!

It does!  But I cant wait I cant believe its actually MY dress!!  I want to squeel! image

• its so great when it is the actual one you will wear! i was so excited but so nervous, I tried mine on 3 weeks ago, and have been off the diet ever since! will get back on it!

thanks I will investigate BHS for flower girl dresses. I'm a bit worried about my OH getting dressed in his kilt outfit on the wedding day as normally i have to help him into it, they are quite complex with all the bits n pieces to go with it. plus he isn't even used to wearing a tie as he doesn't wear anything like that for work, so it will be interesting to see what he looks like as i walk down the aisle! anyone else have this worry?! xx

I am more worried that the suit shop will mess up somewhere and someone wont have the right suit!

Our grooms men are coming from all over the country so will be picking up their suits in different locations - I just hope that they all get the right sizes and colours they need!  The problem is I wont know until a few days before!

• are you working right up unti lthe wedding? I've taken a few days off before so I can be there if there are any issues, plus i think i will be no good at work by that stage!

• meryloumerylou Posts: 54

We're the 10th November (87 days apparently!!!), i'm feeling very organised at the moment, the invites went out last week, we're doing to gift list at John Lewis on Saturday and my first dress fitting the weekend after that.. my 'to do' list is getting smaller, though feels like everytime I tick something off, I remember something else to add!

I would have liked to take more time off before the wedding, but we're going on a 2 week honeymoon straight after, so have only got 1 day off before - am planning to spend most of that with my bridesmaid getting a mani/pedi and chilling out. I'm going to delegate any last minute things to all the family that will be milling around! image

No I have the week before and the week after off of work!  So I will be there to sort things out!  We're not going on Honeymoon until January so I have been able to take the time off - thank god! I am a complete control freak!

Merylou I think your ticker is wrong!  I am getting married on the 17th November and I have 86 days to go so you have 79!!!!

• mandy503mandy503 Posts: 2,067

Hi - ours is 20th November, with our reception on the 24th! (I like to make things difficult for myself! image)

We as of today have 88 days left, and I'm beggining to freak out about all the stuff still to do, and as for the diet - I cant stick to it!!! Ah well, the dress fits, I just cant sit or breathe! Who needs to eat/breathe!image 

Our colours are Royal Blue, White and sparkle! 

I'm working up to the friday, then we travel down to Cornwall on the saturday, ready for the ceremony on the tues - we're only meeting our registra on the Monday! But they've been so helpful and responded to any questions really quickly so I have faith in them! We then travel back to suffok on the wed and have our reception with every1 on the satuarday - I'll be back at work on the tues after! Phew! I'll deffinatly be ready for our honeymoon in the January! We've taken the 1st 2 weeks of January off so we can get away from the post christmas blues!! Still unsure where to go - we think we've got a budget of about £1000 for the hotel/flights part...any suggestions?

cant beleive how quickly time is flying past!!!!!

I reckon you'll get a really good deal to pretty much anywhere at the beginning of January image We're going the last 2 weeks of Jan and are hoping for some good deals as well!  We've not decided where though so I cant help with that I am afraid!

It all does seems to be getting quicker and quicker!  I had a mini breakdown today over my BMs!  What a headache!  But I think its all sorted now, I do wonder when the next thing will happen though!

• mandy503mandy503 Posts: 2,067

Dont talk to me about BM's! I have 4, my 3 neices (perfect, now the trauma of their dresses are sorted!) and my Best Friend as MOH, who - how can I put this delicatly - is frankly useless! I love her to bits, and I knew what she was like before I asked her to be moh, but nievely, had hoped she'd try a bit more! Every time I try to get us together, even just for a non wedding related catch up, she either has work or baby(who I'd love to see too so its not like I'm asking her to  get a babysitter either!), or just cancels on me the day before or morning of!

Whats really irritating is, when I do get to see her she always says 'Let me know if theres anything I can do to help!' but shes never there to be able to help if I did ask her to!!!!!

Even for my 1st dress fitting (she hadnt seen my dress properly yet at this point!) for which I'd taken a day off work for, that was supposed to be a morning for shopping for her dress (which we still havent sorted yet!) then my fitting in the afternoon, she cut it short so it was just my fitting in the afternoon with about an hour left to look for her dress! She had a good excuse - she always has a good excuse, didnt really make it any easier for me though!

I even said, look if you dont have time to go shopping for a dress, I'll buy the one I like (which I was paying for) and we'll leave it at that, she eventually, after I'd had it for 2 weeks, got round to trying it on, without me being there, then sent me a picture text that I thought the dress looked lovely in, but she said it didnt fit her bust (I'm not being mean but theres not a huge amount to accomadate!) and that it 'felt funny when she walked!', so I'm now left with a dress she wont wear, that I cant send back because she took so long to try it on!

Arrrgggghhhhh

Ok so, rant over - thats been buildin for a while!! image

• abi2889abi2889 Posts: 486
    Hi ladies I'm 15th November and my counter today tells me that's just 81 days away!! We are getting married in Essex in a lovely converted barn resturaunt we will have been engaged 4 years less one day on our wedding day!

Having black and white with bits of silver as our colours, my sister as MoH and our 3 year old daughter as our flower girl! There is oly about 40 guests coming for the whole thing, keeping it nice and relaxed! Can't wait!

Most things sorted just little details left....except still need a suit for h2b and little ones dress, and accessories, fittings, decoration, photos to print, table plan to make.....hmmm maybe I have still got lots to do!!
    Oh also planning on a few nights away just the 2 of us then the 3 of us will hopefully go to disney Paris for about 4 days! So excited, I've never been and our little Girl will love it!
  • I can't beleive how fast it is coming around girls! Crazy!

I go on my hen next month and can't wait! h2b went on his stag last weekend to the 80s Rewind festival. I think he is still hungover haha!

I noticed some of you talking about donating to cancer charity's instead of doing favours, I'm not sure if these are any good to you but we considered this a while back http://giveincelebration.cancerresearchuk.org/wedding-favours?gclid=CIDT89TNh7ICFcfKtAodtH4AiQ

I have become so addicted to Pinterest with the Weddng run up, I can spend hours on there! Are any of you on there? Here is my Wedding thread http://pinterest.com/xxxstundonxxx/wedding/

Well the BMs meltdown is now over and the problem is completely sorted out!  Basically I bought my BMs dresses last September, the youngest we ended up getting a size 10 (though we all knew this would be bid we didnt realise how big!) so anyways my sister takes the dress back a couple of weeks ago and swapped it for a 6 - which didnt fit!  Let the panic commence when there was only 1 size 8 left near where my Mum lives and so began the race to pick it up!

Anyway my Mum is a super star and changed the dress and my neice has tried it and it fits!!!!!!!!!! Thank god, I can do with out those headaches, especially when they could have sorted it out without telling me!

I managed to give myself a mini heartattack this morning when I realised there was only 11 weekends before we get married and I know at least 5 of them are already taken up with doing stuff!  I had really better get my skates on sorting everything out!

And breathe............

Yes manfaw snap on the mini heart attack! My sisters bridesmaid dress arrived today I ordered it from online not realising it was coming from china....it's ok, looking better now it's been hung up but I'm worrying in case it looks awful on and I've got to start all over again!

H2b has only just chosen his suit but still needs to order it all, we have t even given notice yet because h2b has changed his surname so waiting for various forms of ID to come back so we can (we need so much stuff!). So many little details still to be sorted and a lot of things we can't do until the last month or so and 2 weekends are taken up with hen dos and I only have 2 other days off work before I'm off work for the wedding.......panicking now!!!