Forum home Archived I got married in October 2012

Im an October 2012 bride!

I have booked my wedding for 13th October 2012. We are getting married in the North East at Rushpool Hall, we have had to go for a 11am civil ceremony though as it was the only time left, bit early but it cant be helped

So far we have:

Our venue

DJ

Dress

Flowers

Photographer

We are having a vintage lace & pearls theme, dusky pink, ivory & champagne colours

The men are in grey suits

How is everyone elses planning coming along? xx

• Hi

We have booked our venue for 6 October 2012, and we told our families this weekend - Including our two sons who are 14 and 12! We have been together 15 1/2 years and the response from our families have been so lovely. I am meeting my two sisters tonight to tell them and then taking them to help me look at dresses - soooooooooooo excited.
  • Yes i am wearing the JA 8645, love it! i tried on so many long traditional dresses but never got the 'one' feeling, never thought it would have suited me being only 5'2 but its gorg!

The dress has led the way in our planning really, why we are going for the vintage lace/pearl route

This is our venue

Room

• ooo, ooo, we're date buddies image Yay I finally have a date buddy.

Sounds like you're pretty organised.

My planning is coming along ok, although slowed down a bit atm. Will pick up again in February time.

I'm getting married at The Ivy Hotel on 13th Oct at 2pm.

I have my dress, veil and tiara, I have my BM dress, shoes and clutch bags, the photogrpaher, some decorations, invites and stuff.

My colour scheme is Champange, green and brown and autumnal.
  • Hey,

I am now an October bride - we originally had our wedding booked for 6th July 2013 but we've bought it forward to 6th October 2012, very excited!

We've booked:

Venue

Catering

Photographer

Routemaster bus for guests to travel in

I'm going to my first dress shop on Wednesday!!

Because we bought the date forward I feel a little behind at the moment!

Roxy_919 our theme sounds pretty similar, vintage, dusky pink, champagne colours.

xx
  • Hello ladies, I'm getting married on Saturday 13th October 2012....so excited! At last we can say we're getting married "this year." We have been engaged for two years already. I think October is a safe bet weather wise as in recent years the good weather has been lasting well into the autumn and there is nothing nicer than a beautiful, crisp autumnal day. What colours are you ladies going for? We've booked the church and are having a marquee reception, but I'm struggling with flower and colour choices as I don't want to go down the traditional orangey route. Any suggestions?

Can't wait to hear from you! X
  • Hi Jenny_wren2! It is exciting to say this year now - yippeee!!

I'm going for dark blue/sapphire for my colour of bridesmaid dresses. It's one of my favourite colours (and my birthstone is sapphire) so I'm pretty set on it!
  • Hey ladies,

I'm getting married 6th October, feeling a little behind though!

Booked the venue, registrar, and found a photographer (need to pay deposit) and tasting some food next week! Need to sort out the dress next I think, and flowers! So exciting!!!

Jenny_wren2 our colours are plum, champagne gold & ivory! Can't wait, still got lots to do though as we're doing a lot of DIY projects!!

xx
  • Im getting married on the 19th October!! I feel like im a bit behind on things but so far we have organised:

Church

reception venue

centerpieces

cars (as we are getting them free from a friend!)

DJ (my uncle is a dj, so again is doing for free)

and the dress!!!

Im currently thinking that i have loads of time to organise things as im not getting married until october but my mum and h2b keep on at me as they say im not organised enough! suppose i should sort out a photographer next, in-case the one i want gets booked up... xx
  • Quoted:
    but I'm struggling with flower and colour choices as I don't want to go down the traditional orangey route. Any suggestions? Can't wait to hear from you! X

We are going for midnight/navy blue and silver colour scheme. we are going for a cool crisp october's night sorta theme x
  •  
    Jenny_wren2 wrote (see)
    Hello ladies, I'm getting married on Saturday 13th October 2012....so excited! At last we can say we're getting married "this year." We have been engaged for two years already. I think October is a safe bet weather wise as in recent years the good weather has been lasting well into the autumn and there is nothing nicer than a beautiful, crisp autumnal day. What colours are you ladies going for? We've booked the church and are having a marquee reception, but I'm struggling with flower and colour choices as I don't want to go down the traditional orangey route. Any suggestions?

Can't wait to hear from you! X

I am also getting married on this date and am hoping, like you, that we get the heat wave we did last year on this date,

Colour I have gone for is hunter green, it is nice and autumn-wintery and also my H2B is in the army so will be wearing his number ones which is a similiar colour, cant wait now have everything sorted just have to pay for it image x

• also for flowers we have gone for ivory roses with very dark green foliage and dimantes x

• Hello, im new to the site as I only started planning my wedding 3 weeks ago!!!! were all booked up for the 26th october this year and i am one stressed out B2B!

so far we have sorted/booked/payed for:

venue for both evening and day,

Food for evening and day,

Flowers,

Wedding Dress/Shoes/Accessories,

Suits,

Disco,

Registrar,

Centre Pieces,

Car,

Cake,

Favours,

Seating Plan,

Invites and an engagement party and a full time job on top of all that.

No wonder why im stressed out lol

we have a small budget of only 5k so not big at all but made alot of things myself. although the small budget we have managed to get alot for our money and not had to sacrafice alot (starters and red wine lol)

• PollyAnne3PollyAnne3 Posts: 239

Wow! You've done a lot already in that short space of time image

What have you got left to do?

• lol yea and dont i know it lol

ive got to deliver the rest of my invites, await the arrival of bmaid dresses, await the rings and get my dress altered i think thats it,

oh and stop stressing out which im finding the most difficult at the moment lol ill be glad when everthing has arrived and sorted then i can chill with a big fat bottle of wine lol

• PollyAnne3PollyAnne3 Posts: 239

sounds like you have everything sorted, so nothing to stress about image

• easier said than done sometimes lol just said on another thread im not thinkin or doing anything wedding related this week, I WILL RELAX lol

big hugs

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• AlmostMrsSAlmostMrsS Posts: 40
    roxy_919 wrote (see)
    I have booked my wedding for 13th October 2012. We are getting married in the North East at Rushpool Hall, we have had to go for a 11am civil ceremony though as it was the only time left, bit early but it cant be helped

So far we have:
    Our venue
    DJ
    Dress
    Flowers
    Photographer
    We are having a vintage lace & pearls theme, dusky pink, ivory & champagne colours
    The men are in grey suits

How is everyone elses planning coming along? xx

Hi Roxy_919,

I've just realised that you are getting married at the exact same date and time as us! Date twins!! We had a choice of 11am or 4pm for our times but chose 11am as that way we'll have the whole day to enjoy!

Are you worried about a "gap" in between the wedding breakfast finishing and the evening reception? Do you have any ideas for filling this time?

We're thinking of having some sort of pub quiz after the meal just for some lighthearted fun and to pass a bit of time image xx

• Brizezilla wrote (see)

Hello, im new to the site as I only started planning my wedding 3 weeks ago!!!! were all booked up for the 26th october this year and i am one stressed out B2B!

so far we have sorted/booked/payed for:

venue for both evening and day,

Food for evening and day,

Flowers,

Wedding Dress/Shoes/Accessories,

Suits,

Disco,

Registrar,

Centre Pieces,

Car,

Cake,

Favours,

Seating Plan,

Invites and an engagement party and a full time job on top of all that.

No wonder why im stressed out lol

we have a small budget of only 5k so not big at all but made alot of things myself. although the small budget we have managed to get alot for our money and not had to sacrafice alot (starters and red wine lol)

Wow you certainly have done alot well done, youve got all the biggies out of the way early on so just enjoy the next 100 days or so. We're only on a £5k budget too and i've found it easy to stick to, just use imagination and diy what you can. How have you gone about getting your frock sorted in such a short amount of time?

xx

• sorry i havent been on here for a while, i was admitted to hospital so been a bit out of it, but back home now and back to planning lol.

i bought my frock from a shop that deals with ex catwalk and designer dresses so all the dresses could be bought then and there which was great cos im impatiant lol so all ive gotta do is get it altered now cos im a littel short and im all set to go.

£5k is more than enough to get married on without having to sacrafice much at all, infact the only thing i have sacraficed is a wedding car but i drive a pink classic mini which i adore and am super happy to use that as it is amazing! lol 99 days left eeeeekkkkkk