Forum home Archived I got married in October 2012

Honeymoons

Where is everyone planning on goin on their honeymoon???

• **BUMP**
  • AlmostMrsSAlmostMrsS Posts: 40
    We haven't booked it yet!! We're asking for contributions towards the honeymoon in place of wedding gifts, so we'll have to book the proper honeymoon after the wedding, probably to go after April 2013 as my fianc???? will have more annual leave then. Don't know where yet but we both like the look of Croatia.

We're hoping to have a mini moon after the wedding, I want Paris but hubby to be wants to stay in the UK to save money. This is currently a topic of much debate/argument!
  • Ah Paris is amazing - try and convince your H2B to go!! I don't think you need to go for too long to see all the sights either so less days = less money image
  • KayTay0610KayTay0610 Posts: 169
    We are having a minimoon to Paris for 3 nights the week after the wedding, and we have booked a 14 night flydrive to California/Arizona/Utah/Nevada trip for May next year as our honeymoon - this is with Debenhams/virgin and is on out 'gift list'!
  • Blondebuilder - that sounds amazing!! you'll have to tell me what your trip to America is like. we were seriously considering going and H2B is still really keen so we thought we might go for our first wedding anniversary. how long are you going for? xx
  • KayTay0610KayTay0610 Posts: 169
    14 nights!!! It's going to be awesome!! ha ha. image
  • We are also doing an America Road trip 3 weeks across California and finishing in Vegas, can't wait! We are going 2 months after the wedding but will have a little mini moon for a few nights in the UK somewhere.
  • AlmostMrsSAlmostMrsS Posts: 40
    Quoted:
    Ah Paris is amazing - try and convince your H2B to go!! I don't think you need to go for too long to see all the sights either so less days = less money

I'm working on it!! Think he is starting to come round to the idea.

Can you (or anyone else....) recommend where's a good place/region (not sure of the right term) to stay in Paris for a short break? We'd want to be near all the main tourist sites if we're not staying long image