Forum home Archived I got married in October 2012

October 19th date buddy?

only 136 days to go! cannot wait! image x

• tinainwidtinainwid Posts: 277
    Nearly date buddy! I,m getting married on 20th October so 137 days for me image
  • im the 19th october! yey date buddy! not long to go now, coming round quick!!
  • PollyAnne3PollyAnne3 Posts: 239
    Me too!!! less than 4 and a half months now image

and barely anything left to do
  • 19 weeks today image
    lol I counted that this morning too image

H2B's stag next weekend, as it's the only weekend that him and his mates could get off together, makes it feel so real though
  • I know, it's coming round so quick!

Where are you getting married? What have you got left to do? x
    Getting Married at Dodmoor House in Northamptonshire image

Not a lot to do to be honest

Just got to buy Pimms and Lemonade for the drinks reception

H2B's Suit and wedding ring

Groomsmen Ties and Shirts

and my Hair and Make Up trial

everything else is done including my dress alterations which my Great Aunt did for me this week image

The rest is just paying for everything lol

How about you?
  • Ah Dodmoor House is lovely. It was the first venue H2B and I looked at and we fell in love with it straight away! We went back 3 times and almost booked it, but our numbers are too big for it tbh.

I still feel like I've got quite a bit to do. Still need to get my shoes and jewellery, presents for wedding party, complete gift list....and pay everything off - dreading that bit!!! you seem to be so organised! x
  • JoSam82JoSam82 Posts: 8
    Hi girls, I'm 19th October too! In Nottinghamshire. We've still got quite a few bits and bobs to do. Just ordered bridesmaid jewellery. Now we're trying to work out what to get engraved on our wedding rings! All these little decisions you have to make - it's like a test for a lifetime of marriage lol image

yey to more date buddies image

We weren't going to have Dodmoor because it was too small, and then decided to cut back our numbers image Where did you choose instead? Am only organised because I wanted to pay for as much as possible early on and then each month, am also a bit of a Monica apparently lol

Hey JoSam, is there a word or a phrase that you use to each other? One of the girls on the other forum has had hers engraved and her H2B chose what would be on hers and she chose his, and they are keeping them secret from each other until the day

• whoop - another oct 19th bride!! image
  • only 10 weeks to go my fellow Oct 19th brides - its coming round so quick!!!

What have you all got left to do? xxx 

scary! less than 10 weeks now lol

Just got to sort out H2B's suit, and the Groomsmens stuff, finish making the table plan and finish off my wool wreaths, also need to pick up Austins Summer Punch for the drinks reception.

Have been busy making Thank You cards this week for the Bridal Party, parents, grandparents etc

Then the rest is to be done on the week of the wedding - which will be making desserts for the dessert table, making mini cupcakes for my cupcake tower

How is everyone else getting on?

• A mere 37 days left now!! It's coming around so quick.

I've still got to buy all the drinks, sort out presents for bridesmaids - what are you getting for yours??? I'm really stuck! and book my manicure and pedicure.

I'm starting to get nervous about how the day is going to run too image xxx

• I made them all bracelets, just bead ones with a charm that I bought for them, I say them (I only have MOH and Flower Girl) but I have made bracelets as Thank You pressies for others image 

I keep fretting about stuff and then thinking that I don't actually care, as long as we say I do, and our family and friends are there, plus food and booze then I am not fussed about the order of the day or the tiny details, just want to be married now lol 

• and then I start to fret again ha ha

• Hey girls, my wedding is on october 19th as well!!! few days left huh!!

Stressing a bit on the last detailsimage

• yey One Month to go!!

what bits are getting you stressed Khawla Joseph?

• Argh! 18 days to go!! How did that happen?? I've had a corker of a day, everything just not going quite right, topped off with finding out our Banns haven't been read, so we have to apply for a Common license!! Gutted and a wee bit panicked, but hopefully all will be ok. Apart from that it's just the place names, table plan, oh and at some point I have to ice the cake. Yikes!!

• 1 Week to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! image