Forum home Archived I got married in October 2012

October 5th Bride - wedding only just booked

Due to various reasons, our wedding is only just booked! but having looked around some of the planning threads on here I'm feeling woefully underprepared.

We have the venue and registrar booked, I've ordered my dress, got DJ and photographers quotes, and got florist appointments booked, save the dates out and invites ordered.

Is there anything key that I should focus on next/ any good suppliers people can recommend?

all advice gratefully accepted image xx

• Hi is this 2012 or 2013 xx

You seem to have quite a lot sorted so dont panic xxx Prob next will be bridal party, transport and cake then its just the little bits and pieces like readins & favours etc xx

• PollyAnne3PollyAnne3 Posts: 239

Hi image pasted a list below of things that can be considered, ovbviously you wouldn't need all of them as it depends on type of wedding etc, but we use it as a reference on another forum to make sure we haven't forgotten anything, Only half the list applied to me, you've got plenty of time, so don't worry 

• Save The Dates
    • Invitations
    • RSVP's
    • Guest Book and Pen
    • Place Cards
    • Table Plans
    • Order of Service/Day
    • Favours
    • Centre Pieces
    • Bouquets
    • Button Holes
    • Pew Ends
    • Candles
    • Vases
    • Cake
    • Cake Toppers
    • Caterer (Veg and Kids Options if required)
    • Reception Drinks
    • Table Drinks
    • Cake Stand
    • Cake Knife
    • Rings
    • Dress
    • Bridesmaid Dresses
    • Flower Girl Dresses
    • Bridesmaid and FlowerGirl Accesories (Jewellery & Shoes)
    • Your Shoes
    • Garter
    • Hoop or Underskirt
    • Veil
    • Tiara/Headband/Flower
    • Lingerie
    • Alterations
    • Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue, and a Sixpence in her shoe
    • Giving Notice
    • Booking in the Registrar
    • Ceremony Venue
    • Reception Venue
    • Request Extra Copies of Marriage Certificate prior to day for name changing purposes
    • Grooms Suit
    • Grooms Accessories (Cufflinks, Shoes etc)
    • Groomsmen - Suit or Accessories
    • Grooms Shoes
    • Brides Hair and Make Up
    • Hair Extensions
    • Pedicure
    • Manicure
    • Waxing
    • Eyebrows
    • Entertainment
    • Thank you Gifts
    • Grooms Gift (if doing)

• Kids Packs
    • Table Names/Numbers
    • Guest Baskets for the Toilets
    • Sweetie Buffet Jars, Scoops and Bags
    • Props for Photo Booth if having

• Photographer
    • Videographer
  • Hi I am a student photographer trying to get some more wedding photography experience. I can do work in some areas in surrey. I am currently living in Bookham which is close to Guildford. My prices are low cost, can start from £100 but will depend on what you would like. Even though I am a student I have been said to be really good at what I do. if you are interested in seeing some of my work please visit: 

https://www.facebook.com/ValeskaWilliamsPhotography

or you can e-mail me on: [email protected]

• date twin!! you sound like youve got alot planned already so just tacklet one thing at a time and you'll be fine image

• Thanks ladies, pollyanne 3 that's a great list, very helpful! Eventing us feeling a but more under control now, so fingers crossed we'll get there.I'm even finding time to make place cards etc! Not long go...
  • Bride2b12Bride2b12 Posts: 82
    Hey date triplets!!!,'cannot believe how fast it is coming!! The last 3 Saturdays I have been to 3 weddings and believe me the emotions have started coming for me during the services I have been so nervous like I can't do this then at the reception I'm like wow I can't wait till its my turn haha!!! I'm so excited ATM!!!!
  • Yay - another friday bride image so exciting.  it's starting to feel really real!  must have been fab going to other weddings and still having the time to make a few adjustments to stuff you're doing if others have really great ideas.  I'm gonna be sooooo nervous at the ceremony - but really looking forward to the reception for a huge party!!