Forum home Archived I got married in October 2012

Ceremony pack

Hi girls, We got our ceremony pack through ages ago but havent filled it out. Has anyone filled theirs in and sent it off yet? X

• PollyAnne3PollyAnne3 Posts: 239

We've filled ours out, but not sending it until 8-10 weeks before x

• MRS LILLERSMRS LILLERS Posts: 1,319

We filled ours out. I gave it in last week. But thats only because we wont be in southampton again now until September and I was worried I would lose it. That and the fact that we kept stressing about the songs and changing our minds lol
    It's done now so we can forget about it image

• whats a ceremony pack?

• JodielouJodielou Posts: 4,058

After your first meeting with the registrar they should give you a pack- ours contained some suggested readings and info. on candle ceremonies and so on but it also had a sheet to fill in detailing what music we would be having; readings; name of the best man; whether we want to be seen by the registrar separately the morning of the wedding........

I think we have to take ours back to our second meeting, at least 6 weeks before the big day.  They need time to approve it I guess.

• ah yes we were given all sorts of stuff and just told to come back 4 weeks before the wedding to confir which vows we want etc

• PollyAnne3PollyAnne3 Posts: 239

we never had a meeting with the registrar as gave notice in one area and getting married in another area, they just sent us the proforma document, and that's it, didn't get a pack, would have been handy though

• tinainwidtinainwid Posts: 277

This is the last job to do.. must get it done beginning of August.

• We are getting married under a different district too Pollyanne3 but we got a pack. Its interesting how different areas have different procedures. I was starting to feel bit anxious that we hadnt filled ours in yet but we've been putting it off incase we change our minds on songs etc lol. Xx
  • jenb10jenb10 Posts: 43

We are alse getting married in a different district but havent got a pack yet. I rang them a while ago about changing my passport before the wedding and they said the pack is sent out about 6 weeks before the day.