Forum home Archived I got married in September 2011

How are we all?!

Hi all September brides!

How are you all getting on with planning?! Not long now seems to be flying by!!

Charl x

• I spent today writing the envelopes for my Save the Dates. Slightly later than I would've liked but I have taken ages to choose stationery!
  • I'm starting to see things come together! Need to order the formal invites, and gave appointments with a florist and the cake makers and then I think that's all of the really major things booked. Have a month or so then to concentrate on order of service and menu before we need to speak to the vicar and coordinator about it all!
  • flossycat100flossycat100 Posts: 6,527 New bride
    Things are coming on in a disorganised but steady manner for me!

Photographer and cake booked

Registrar booked- just need to send the ceremony details back and pay the balance

Save the Dates all sent out

Invites bought, print your own ones from M&S. Just need to print the inserts and send out. I have a 'pack' to send including RSVPs, local hotel info, map and guide to the village where we are marrying (a few people are travelling the day before). Also need to print order of the day and menu, place cards etc (already bought).

Menu tasting and decisions, 3 each of each course. Will need to send menu choices out to guests separately- the tasting won't be until May as the venue has a hugely seasonal menu. Yum!

Two dresses bought, one from Ebay and one from a nice lady on here- haven't lost all the weight yet so I'm not sure which one I'll be wearing- decision to follow around May time! Also shoes bought.

Heaps of sparkly jewellery bought in the Sales- will choose what looks best with the dress and leave the rest for the BMs to pick from if they want to.

One BM dress chosen. Two more to go, order to be placed in April.

Flower girl dress bought- need shoes, petticoat etc nearer the time (I haven't told the FG yet because she'd drive her mum- my sister- potty between now and then)

Florist picked- need to meet up in Feb to decide on designs and finalise order

Honeymoon booked (except for hire car)

DJ booked

Favours ordered and paid for

Still to do!

Gents outfits

Gifts for Bridal party, best man etc

Stag Do (Best Man is organising this)

Hen Do (still deciding but will book myself)

Book hair and trial- stylist is 100 yards from hotel image

Rings

Table plan

...I think that's about it!!! image
  • Seems like we are all quite organised!! I can't believe it's February all ready!! September will be here in no time!
  • Hello all!

We had a bit of a moment last week when we thought we might have to postpone the wedding due to funds image but we dropped a couple of the extra ideas we had and my parents said they'd help us a bit so we're back on track image we bought a house at Christmas and it's all a bit overwhelming financially, we didn't factor into our finances that we'd want to decorate everywhere and buy new stuff!

We went to a friends wedding last weekend and it just got me so excited! Cannot wait for our wedding to come round and have all our favourite people celebrating with us.

I think we're at a point where we can't reallt do much everything that needs booking months in advance has been and it's too early for some of the other things.

Oh btw, anyone doing their own flowers? I think I am to save money but worried I might go overboard and end up spendning more!
  • saliMalisaliMali Posts: 181
    I thinking I've got all the major things pretty much sorted too! Booked the venue, photographer, flowers, cars, cake. My outfit is done and so is MoH's, men's suits choosen (not ordered yet). Decided on invites- just waiting for MIL2B to confirm that we haven't left anyone out on H2b's side! Going to concentrate on the detail a bit more now- eg deciding on favours, centre pieces and readings for the service! Can't wait!!