Hen Night!

Had my hen this weekend - had a fab time. Stayed for 2 nights in the Hilton in Cardiff. We arrived on friday afternoon and had champagne afternoon tea in the hilton, went out for a meal and cocktails on Friday night! Used swimming pool, sauna etc Saturday am then did a bit of shopping in the afternoon. Highlight of the weekend was going to the Bay on Saturday evening had a lovely meal then went to Wales Millenium Centre to watch Grease- was amazing. Had lots of cocktails after! Yesterday we had a lie in and went to Barry Island in the afternoon.

Had a fab time with all my girls x

• kerriganchankerriganchan Posts: 1,019
    Sounds like a great weekend away! We had our hen/stag do on e 23rd July. We started off by having hen vs stag laser combat in the morning followed by soup and sandwiches. The boys stayed to do clay pigeon shooting and the girls all went back to my parents for a girly/pamper afternoon. When they boys came back we had a big BBQ. My twin (and chief bridesmaid) organised some games likes Mr & Mrs and a quiz. Everyone loved it. image x
  • vnictobevnictobe Posts: 27
    Mine is next weekend...i am off to Newcastle for 2 nights with 15 of my best friends and the mums i am soooo excited about it! H2B is off to Berlin this weekend on his stag, hope he comes home ok!!

I know nothing about Newcastle bar packing 1 going out outfit the rest is being done for me!!
  • BrideyBooBrideyBoo Posts: 524
    Sounds lovely. Mine is supposed to be 20th Aug but we haven't organised anything yet and I'm also going for a weekend in Morocco 10th-13th Sept for some sun image
    MrsS2b2011 - That sounds ideal! I'm taking control of my hen do as MOH is too busy at work and I think that kind of thing would be perfect image
    I decided to sort my own hen night in the end and came up with a Bollywood theme as we got engaged in India, bought our invites there, will honeymoon there and are pretty much obsessed with India!! image It's starting at mine with Indian snacks, bollywood film, Champagne and a henna artist to do henna designs on us. Then off into town in saris for cocktails! Can't wait image
  • JaneK2011JaneK2011 Posts: 516
    Wow some of your parties sound great. I REALLY wanted a cocktail making class and a limo as I've never had one.

Unfortunately I don't have a big group of girly friends and most of them have children and not much money. Luckily I found a caberet venue near my parent's house and many of friend which is having an ABBA tribute night next Saturday. It includes all your drinks and a 3 course meal for £60 which is a great deal. Everyone is coming to my mum's for champagne and cake first and then we are all crashing at my parent's house after. It should be a fun night.

I've organised the place to go and the champagne but I'm hoping the others have a few surpises for me. image
  • MrsHanleyMrsHanley Posts: 654
    Ooh hen nights are so much fun, did anyone else feel like it was all suddenly real once the hen party was done?

My bridesmaids organised a fab weekend in Norwich (where I went to uni). We got there on the Saturday morning and had brekkie at the Waffle House (amazing), then went cocktail making in the afternoon - seriously, sooo much fun, would never have guessed it would be so good.

Then we went back to one of my bridemaid's house, where she'd organised afternoon tea (including cupcakes decorated with willies - I specifically didn't want any tack / dressing up etc so this was the only thing - I loved them!), then out for dinner in the evening at the Belgian restaurant I waitressed at when I was at uni, followed by a rather fabulous night of dancing.

Then on the Sunday we all met for lunch (sunglasses in hand to hide the blotchy eyes)!

AND (I'm so spoilt), my lovely little sister and Mum completely surprised my on Saturday with a spa day and afternoon tea, plus they made me the most amazing memory book and some bits for the wedding. I was so chuffed, it was completely and utterly out of the blue. Not easy either as my sister's in Reading, my Mum's in Suffolk and I'm in Milton Keynes, so took a fair bit of organising.

Not long now! 7 weeks and 3 days for me image xxxx
  • It's my hen do tomorrow (4 weeks to the wedding today!), i'm so excited! Haveing champagne afternoon tea in Newcastle (we're from Durham so not far to travel!), followed by drinks and then an early evening meal with the parents and then more drinking & dancing! We're staying over in Newcastle and have late check out on the Sunday (until 7pm!) so we can spend the Sunday doing whatever we like!

I'm so excited, i just wish work was finished for today so I can start packing!