Resizing my engagement ring?

hi

Just wondering if anyone knows how long I will be with out my ring if I send it off to be resized.

When we bought our weddings rings mine had to be 3 sizes smaller due to loosing some weight and the jeweler advised I have it resized nearer the wedding as they replate the white gold at the same time and it would look all new again next to my wedding ring but I want to make sure I have it back in time for the wedding.

• think it only uaully takes a week or so, my friend had to have hers resized because he bought the wrong size, silly boy, she wasnt without it for long, that was with goldsmiths xx
  • i have just got mine back & it took 2 weeks
  • I had mine done and it was 3 days. I took it in Wednesday morning, and had it back on the Saturday afternoon. That was through the Northern Goldsmith x
  • HazzzerrHazzzerr Posts: 323
    Testing my memory now but I think it was about 2 weeks, seemed a helluva lot longer though!!
  • nats2013nats2013 Posts: 6,253
    i've been told 2 weeks, mine has never been as tight as the sizing rings i tried in the shop were when i bought it but i just dont want to be without it for hat long. perhaps if we get our wedding rings from a company who will need to take my engagement ring to make the wedding ring to fit it
  • Thanks ladies, yesterday my ring actually fell off and my h2b said just get it done before you loose it. So last night we went to the jewlers and it now needs to be taken in 4 sizes and they said they might not be able to take it in that far as the main diamond is tension set. They have sent it away anyway but said it may come back without the alteration image

Does anyone no if I could still have it altered a different way, I don't want to not be able to wear it.