Forum home Archived I got married in September 2012

six months to go...

... Till I marry my gorgeous husband to be!

Can't believe how time has flown. And I've just about got the big things sorted. Now onto accessories and invitations etc.

How are everyone's plans coming along? And happy six months to go for any other September 2nd brides! image

• mrslane2bmrslane2b Posts: 1,205
    Congrats!!! How exciting! Im two weeks behind you but it is super exciting to say 6 months!!

Im like you, i have the major things sorted. I have my invites printed, just need to assemble them!

6 months is going to fly...
  • HazzzerrHazzzerr Posts: 323
    just over 6 months for me (I'm end of september)

imageimageimage
  • MrsKJHMrsKJH Posts: 132
    5 months and 29 days to be precise for me image 1st September 2012

Same I'm writing out all the invitations, doing a few each weekend as there are loads.

Also looking at accessories and the little bits now, have been making the menus/name places and also the order of services.

So exciting!!!

• piglet49piglet49 Posts: 28
    OMG MrsKJH2b, we are wedding twins and I have just realised how close it is to the wedding! I keep going from being sooooo excited to feeling sick with nerves! We are a very laid back couple, especially h2b, so we are sort of ambling through it all but i think we are getting there. Venue is booked although we haven't finalised exact food and drink, band and disco for eve is booked, my sister has sorted all the wedding favours and table decs, bless her, registrar is booked, giving notice in couple of weeks. No dress yet, haven't even looked around the shops yet, and still need MOH and BM dresses. Mum is sorting flowers and cake. Invites are at this moment being designed by my stepdad who is an artist and they should be ready to go out end of this month.

Actually, now I have written all this, I feel quite organised really!
    OMG MrsKJH2b, we are wedding twins and I have just realised how close it is to the wedding! I keep going from being sooooo excited to feeling sick with nerves! We are a very laid back couple, especially h2b, so we are sort of ambling through it all but i think we are getting there. Venue is booked although we haven't finalised exact food and drink, band and disco for eve is booked, my sister has sorted all the wedding favours and table decs, bless her, registrar is booked, giving notice in couple of weeks. No dress yet, haven't even looked around the shops yet, and still need MOH and BM dresses. Mum is sorting flowers and cake. Invites are at this moment being designed by my stepdad who is an artist and they should be ready to go out end of this month.

Actually, now I have written all this, I feel quite organised really!
    apologies, double post, and don't know how to delete it!
  • kye83kye83 Posts: 582
    Lovely to have so many excited organised ladies. I'm sort of more of an ambler too.

Was looking at wedding rings again yesterday and everytime I go I fall in love with some more expensive! I have an odd shaped antique wedding ring though so its hard to find something that's right.

Have you all done rings? Any recommendations? X
  • MrsKJHMrsKJH Posts: 132
    Piglet49 I've got my dress and my bridesmaid dresses can't believe you haven't even looked at dresses yet it was the first thing I did, I was so excited haha!

I got excited yesterday as we bought a new laser printer to print the Order of Services and menus etc haha how sad am I I can't wait to customise them all with pink ribbon and diamantes.

It really is feeling like its only around the corner now, eeeek!

• HazzzerrHazzzerr Posts: 323
    My original date was 1st sept, scary to think it'd only be 5 months and xx days if I kept it as that!
  • 6 months on the 15th for me. I've been busy this weekend. Started working on my Order of Service today. I'm liking how it's looking. I've also booked us into a hotel for our first night as Mr and Mrs Wright. Rather excited about that too.

It's all going to fly by isn't it! I'm also working on invites as want to send them out in April.

I've not sorted the BM dresses yet or a car to get me to and from the Church but other than that think I've got most things booked now.

It's so exciting!!! image
  • kye83kye83 Posts: 582
    Mrs wright how do you know what your order of service will be like so far in advance of the wedding?? I'm totally bewildered by how organised you all are. I think I need to get a move on really. X
  • sarahtooeysarahtooey Posts: 148
    Piglet49 and MrsKJH2b I am your wedding triplet - what a great day for a wedding image I am probably quite far behind as only decided to get married in Jan. We have booked the church and venue (village hall) and paid a deposit for the caterer. Other things we are just ambling through - seems lots of choice when it comes to band and photographer although we'll try and get these booked this week. Flowers we'll organise when I'm next home over easter, ditto cake. Dresses - going wedding dress shopping at the end of the month, yay! Good luck!