Forum home Archived I got married in September 2012

Im know Im a few hours early but....

SIX MONTHS TODAY (at midnight)!!!! YAHOOOOOOO!!!!!

Sorry needed to say it - as you can tell i might be a tad excited that 6 months exactly to the day (Sept 15th) will be my wedding day!

I know a few others have the same day too - are you excited too?

I feels like only a few weeks ago we were saying 'a year today...'.... does time fly!

imageimageimageimageimage

What's everyone got let to organise?

• rachmac13rachmac13 Posts: 86
    Same day as me! (Also a very good day as 15th is my pay day!!)

We're getting there with stuff - decided on mark 2 bridesmaid dresses, hopefully chosen their shoes too - just need to order it, I've changed my mind about my dress so I'm off on another dress trip on Saturday and have to sort out bouquet, button holes and corsages but otherwise pretty much there I think!

Main thing we need to plan properly actually is the ceremony itself lol!
  • Maddi2012Maddi2012 Posts: 256
    Hello, I know it is exciting isn't it I can't believe it's coming round so quick!

We have got all our suppliers but now it's just the little bits and pieces to start collecting and DIYing! I am still waiting on more spring/summer dresses to come out for the bridesmaids as my sisters and I aren't keen on proper bridesmaid dresses, and still need to get my own accessories. I am particularly looking forward to shoe shopping!

On the side I am also in the process of writing my own vows which I am loving doing just need to string all my sentences together!

xx
  • kye83kye83 Posts: 582
    Wow maddi you are writing your own vows, how lovely!!

I too was excited about the six month stage (which was a few weeks back for me), now I'm like oh my god I get married in less than six months. And I too am having dress wobbles. I adore my dress but having a nightmare finding an underskirt. And it also seems to shrinking!!! image just one of those days today. Happy shopping for a new one!

Something did just occur to me though, In six months today I will be Mrs Story, on my honeymoon, sailing towars Sicily with my new husband! image I say we all have happy six month days!!! Xx
  • mrslane2bmrslane2b Posts: 1,205
    Quoted:
    Same day as me! (Also a very good day as 15th is my pay day!!)

We're getting there with stuff - decided on mark 2 bridesmaid dresses, hopefully chosen their shoes too - just need to order it, I've changed my mind about my dress so I'm off on another dress trip on Saturday and have to sort out bouquet, button holes and corsages but otherwise pretty much there I think!

Main thing we need to plan properly actually is the ceremony itself lol!

Ooh yes it's payday for me too! Weird day of the month to be paid I think...

Also it was a year to yr day tomorrow I got engaged as it was on my birthday. So there's a whole lot of celebrating being done over the next day or so!!

Aw everyone sounds v organised. We too have suppliers sorted its just organising detail as u said maddi. Can't believe u are writing u vows! How lovely.

I hope dress wobbles subside soon or you both find a replacement! You still have time so there's no need for panic an it sounds like you are going to enjoy dress shopping again rachmac .

Let us know how u both get on - you too kye

Happy six months everyone!! x
    Quoted:
    Wow maddi you are writing your own vows, how lovely!!

I too was excited about the six month stage (which was a few weeks back for me), now I'm like oh my god I get married in less than six months. And I too am having dress wobbles. I adore my dress but having a nightmare finding an underskirt. And it also seems to shrinking!!! just one of those days today. Happy shopping for a new one!

Something did just occur to me though, In six months today I will be Mrs Story, on my honeymoon, sailing towars Sicily with my new husband! I say we all have happy six month days!!! Xx

Here's to your amazing honeymoon too! Wow sounds fab xx
    Ah I hope your dress wobbles get sorted don't forget to let us know what you choose!!

kye83 - your honeymoon sounds amazing and I love your surname thats so sweet. Reminds me though we still need to book ours we are off to Italy but need to decide on the hotels. Too many good ones too choose from!

I hope my vows are lovely we choose to do it as its a civil ceremony but really wanted to make it personal!

On another note bought a lovely personalised guest book from Aspinal of London today, can't wait to see it as have put Mr and Mrs Brown on it!

Keep updating its lovely to hear how everyone is getting on.

xx
    Thanks lovely ladies, I am very excited it. Just jealous we get back two days before my birthday but the 'hubby' will be away for his!

I'm also Feeling slightly better about my dress as have spoken to some helpful people today. It's amazing what a difference that makes.

Anyhow Mrs lane, get your glad rags on and go partying. Sounds like you need too! X
    Thats good news you are so right it is amazing how helpfulness and good service always makes things better. I am pleased you feel better about it.

Mrs Lane - Have lots of fun celebrating!!

xx

p.s. I just bought h2b a card and cupcakes to celebrate the 6months to go!! Any excuse!! x
    Quoted:
    Thats good news you are so right it is amazing how helpfulness and good service always makes things better. I am pleased you feel better about it.

Mrs Lane - Have lots of fun celebrating!!

xx

p.s. I just bought h2b a card and cupcakes to celebrate the 6months to go!! Any excuse!! x

Arh that is so cute! I wish I had thought of doing that - but h2b is so health conscious id end up eating the cupcakes and not fitting into my dress!! lol

Has anyone chosen to have a toastmaster? I always thought it was abit old fashioned but h2b wants it because he will control timing etc (h2b has serious ocd so Im thinking maybe it would help him relax on the day?)

Btw i'd love to see everyone's dresses - i bet they are all different.

Very pleased to hear your dress wobbles are easing.

I did just have one! So naughty but so good!!

I am thinking about getting an on the day coordinator to help as we need to turn a room around, set up all our DIY things and they will also assist with timings. I think if it would help you h2b to relax and enjoy the day then why not, you may as well look into it I have been to a wedding with one and it was really good!

xx
    Oh and any excuse here is my dress!

Oh yes I remember seeing your dress when you ordered it. It is beautiful! So classic yet so up to date! Perfect for your London wedding!

It cant be far from arriving can it? You should post pics of you in it... Are you having the contrasting sash?

Here is mine - like you, any excuse! I bet everyone has seen it a million times imageimage

Again - ignore the veil. I dont like it!
    Yours is stunning and you look amazing in it. Are you having a veil, it works well with your dress. One minute I don't want one then I keep thinking maybe I do think I will have to try one on!

Thank you re my dress very kind of you, I love it! I am having the pink belt but I am also thinking about getting another one for the evening to make the dress different again.

I have my measurements taken next month, then my toile fitting and then finally my dress so its a while yet! I will post pictures when I do finally try mine on I can't wait! xx
  • rachmac13rachmac13 Posts: 86
    Thanks guys I'm really looking forward to dress shopping again - just hope I find something image Your dresses are beautiful. I hadnt considered tea length but Maddi that dress is stunning!
    Ah thank you I think it is worth trying on lots of different styles and shapes as you never know. I tried on a different tea length dress in another shop and as soon as I did I knew thats what I wanted as it felt perfect. Good luck and keep us posted!

xxx
    Beautiful dresses!!

Mrs lane where are you based? Everytime we go to our reception venue wedding fayre they have a toastmaster there who seems fab. I can't quite recall his name but have all the details at home. I'm in north yorkshire but I think he travels. Seems like a great addition but especially if it would make your H2B feel better. X
    Quoted:
    Beautiful dresses!!

Mrs lane where are you based? Everytime we go to our reception venue wedding fayre they have a toastmaster there who seems fab. I can't quite recall his name but have all the details at home. I'm in north yorkshire but I think he travels. Seems like a great addition but especially if it would make your H2B feel better. X

We are in London - but thanks for thinking of me. I have found one recommended on here and we are going to meet him next week.

In other news... I have booked my photographer this weekend. He is a former colleague (I used to work for a newspaper and he was a photographer there) so I know hell do a fab job.

We also put together our invites this weekend too. Now they will sit in the spare room for 2 months before I send them out!
    Quoted:
    Yours is stunning and you look amazing in it. Are you having a veil, it works well with your dress. One minute I don't want one then I keep thinking maybe I do think I will have to try one on!

Thank you re my dress very kind of you, I love it! I am having the pink belt but I am also thinking about getting another one for the evening to make the dress different again.

I have my measurements taken next month, then my toile fitting and then finally my dress so its a while yet! I will post pictures when I do finally try mine on I can't wait! xx

Ooh how lovely to have it make to your size. My dress is made to height only, BUT the size 10 fitted perfectly anyway so I dont think ill need any alterations. I bet it feels like ages since you chose it?

Have you got accessories?

It does feel like ages but I still love it when I look at the images so hoping I don't change my mind!!

No I haven't chosen my accessories yet I am still looking for the perfect shoes but I fractured my foot two weeks ago and its too swollen to try on any shoes so will wait a while!

How about you?

xx
    Fractured foot! Ouch! I work for a foot and ankle surgeon so understand your pain!

Mrs Lane, glad you found someone to run your day, will definitely help. We had a meeting with the coordinator at our reception on Saturday. We need to move our church forward half an hour to get everything right time wise. But they are great and will set up everything bar chair covers which is great as we have loads of bits and pieces.

I have to admit I'm feeling a bit wedding overwhelmed currently. I'm going to see an alterations lady tomorrow evening though so hopefullly if my dress can be save I will start feeling calmer about everything. Xx
    kye83 - thank you I am surprised at how much pain. Don't know why?! Never done anything like it before so had no idea it would hurt so much and for so long.

That is great about your venue setting everything up for you how helpful. We have just booked an on the day co-ordinator to assist us as really don't think we would manage otherwise!

I hope your dress fittings go well let us know how you get on. xx
    Thanks maddi. Been to see her and its not all bad. She can definitely do something but it might mean putting a panel in which I'm not sure about. She has made me feel calmer though. She said to keep trying to loose weight and then come back in early June to make alterations nearer the time. Price was also good too. X
  • OMG just looked at the time and date!! 6 Months today I will be getting married!! how scary is that!!! :O

Eeek I'm so excited

I'm considering having someone to help the day run smoothly will stop me worrying!!

Your dresses are gorgeous will try and put a pic of mine up!!

Ouch fractured foot is no fun!!! image
    Quoted:
    It does feel like ages but I still love it when I look at the images so hoping I don't change my mind!!

No I haven't chosen my accessories yet I am still looking for the perfect shoes but I fractured my foot two weeks ago and its too swollen to try on any shoes so will wait a while!

How about you?

xx

Well I have my eyes on some Jimmy Choos which I found in Hong Kong a few weeks ago. As we had sooo much luggage I thought I would wait to get back to London to purchase them! Big mistake. I only managed to find probably the only pair that isnt stocked ANYWHERE in the UK or Europe. They are not carried over here so contemplating what to do. But as my dress is made to height I have to stick to the same shoes, or heel height, anyway. Typical isnt it!

Im pondering accessories though, the dress shop doesnt have any I like, ie birdcage veil so again contemplating how to work it ... by several veils and take to dress shop to try on?

It seems I choose the awkward way of doing things. imageimage

Hope your foot is on the mend soon... sounds painful. x
    Quoted:
    OMG just looked at the time and date!! 6 Months today I will be getting married!! how scary is that!!! :O

Eeek I'm so excited

I'm considering having someone to help the day run smoothly will stop me worrying!!

Your dresses are gorgeous will try and put a pic of mine up!!

Ouch fractured foot is no fun!!!

How exciting missclueless!!! woohoo!! Yes post a pic of your dress...

Kye83 - glad your dress woes are easing. And thanks for opinions on toastmaster/co-ordinator. Going to meet with him on Tuesday and get him booked, i think.
  • MrsKGtoBMrsKGtoB Posts: 286
    Wow - September 2012 brides have chosen gorgeous dresses!! Yay, us.

We are pretty much sorted on the big things, just the florist to book and rings to buy.

Having a 6 months to go wedding weekend this weekend: off to see the band we've booked play tomoz night, officially meeting the vicar on Saturday (keep your fingers crossed we've been going enough to make a connection and we can have an ice-cream van come round after the ceremony!) and also having a look round various accommodation options for guests.

next steps will be much frantic DIY, kicking off with invitations...

• That is my dress I am surprised at myself thought I would end up with a big princess dress!!

Having a glass over wine to celebrate that its only 6 months away oh and to ease stress that there is loads to do!!! imageimage
    Missclueless - Hello! Wow your dress is lovely the shape is stunning. I am really pleased I have booked my on the day co-ordinator she is lovely and I know it will ease the stress on the day. Have a look about its not that much to hire someone.

mrslane2b - Jimmy Choos are gorgeous I am really looking forward to seeing what you choose now! I am after some Louboutins ideally so need to go the London store and have a proper look. I don't think I want a bridal pair though as would like to be able to wear them again.

Is your dress available at other bridal stores could you go and look in them for your accessories and try your dress on in there? Or I would do what you are doing buy a few and take them with you just check you can return them I might have to do the same as not sure mine has any I like.

kye83 - I am glad your dress issues are getting sorted and that's good news about the prices. I am sure you will look amazing.

MrsKGtoB - sounds like you are very organised and like me just need to the DIY bits. Good luck with the vicar tomorrow I love an ice-cream at a wedding!

On an update from me we have just booked our honeymoon! 10days at the gorgeous Amalfi Coast. We could only afford 10days as decided to spoil ourselves with two lovely hotels and some excursions but I am so excited!!

Finally - thank goodness it is Friday it has been a long week hobbling in too work!!

xxx
    Here are my choos... well sort of...

I was this shoe...

but in this colour...

Maddi2012 - like you I want to be able to wear them again so not going for a bridal pair. But I also like the idea of having something flashy under my ivory dress! I tried Laboutins on too but I found Jimmy Choos more comfortable personally... but that's just me. I've always wanted a pair of red souls! They look fab with your tea length dress!

How exciting about your honeymoon! That sounds amazing! Its nice to get something booked and then you can look forward to it as well as the wedding (although its difficult to fit both in my head at the moment... nearer the time ill be so excited about our trip to Mauritius).

Hope next week is easier on your foot.

msKGtobe - oooh Im sure the vicar meeting will be fine! Let us know what he asks you. Is this your first meeting with him? We are getting married in a church too and I was apprehensive when we went to meet our vicar but it was fine.

Well that was apart from to begin with! My OH is always early for everything, it goes back to his days in the military I think. Im always a little late. So the vicar warns us not to be late as he has another couple to see after us, so we are really early, 15 mins early. I say we should wait until a few minutes before the appointment time. But no my OH says it will look good for being early and it will give the vicar more time. As Im always late I give in and so we ring the bell. When we get inside the vicar says... 'oh you are very early.... being too early is almost as bad a being late!!!'

Ha ha at that point my OH looked a little sheepish and whenever we have meetings we always wait in the car if we are early!

Anyway sorry, waffling on now..

Missclueless - your dress is beautiful. It is such a pretty shape and love the way the material sits on the side.

Im really enjoying hearing about people's plans - its so nice we are all getting married so close in time. It feels we are all at similar stages.
    There are so many updates on here!

Amazing dresses and shoes which I am muchos jealous of!

Maddi your honeymoon sounds fab, we looked at Italy but couldn't decide where to go or stay hence we booked the cruise so we get to stop off at loads of places.

I went to my dress appointment this morning and happy to say that amazingly I got my dress done up! image Not really sure how i got skinny in like two days but it was on and looked good; also managed to buy a petticoat to make it look super pretty. I did try a few dresses on but none compared to my own so I'm sorted now, just need to tone up a little and then my dress should fit perfectly as it is still a little snug round the hips. Anyway, I am mega waffling, just so happy to have to my dress sorted and loving that it did up! imageimage

Hope you all have lovely sunny weekends. xx