Going away Outfits !?!

Hey Ladies

Are any of you planning on getting a going away outfit to change into on the night of your wedding? I'm really undecided, on one hand I have paid a fortune for my dress and want to justify the cost by wearing it for longer, on the other I don't fancy heading off to our honeymoon suite (whereever it is going to be, hubby to be is organising as a surprise) in a full on wedding dress.

Decisions, Decisions imageimageimage

• I will be wearing my wedding dress until the very last minute when I have to take it off image
  • SadSack83SadSack83 Posts: 1,700
    Me too! It's all about the dress! image
  • Maddi2012Maddi2012 Posts: 256
    I will be keeping my dress on for as long as possible! I will however purchase a honeymoon going away outfit as we leave for our honeymoon the next day

xx
  • rachmac13rachmac13 Posts: 86
    I do have another dress, although I do want to stay in my dress for as long as possible - but to be honest it is a little bit like having a duvet wrapped around your legs so I've got a shorter dress incase I get too hot image (Also still slightly concerned about how I manage to go to the loo in my dress - which is a slight issue as I have a bladder the size of a walnut hehe!)

I'm not technically "Going away" though - we have a cottage on site and we're not going on honeymoon for a month after.
  • am90am90 Posts: 54
    I think your right, you only get to wear it for one day so why not make the most of it. i'll just bundle into the taxi / car or whatever is taking us there in my dress, at least then the hotel people can admire it too imageimage
  • rachmac13 .... Glad im not the only person worried about being able to go to the toilet in my dress haha ..... X
    I haven't even thought about how the whole loo thing will work. luckily my MOH is my sister so im hoping she will take pity on me and help me, she might just have to turn around lol image
  • HazzzerrHazzzerr Posts: 323
    I had this dilemma, my dress also cost a lot so originally wanted to wear it til the last second, but then I don't know if it'll fit in a taxi etc when we leave for the hotel haha, I will probably wear it until the end though, can't really afford another outfit. image

And re: going to the loo... I read somewhere that it's the MOH 'duty' to help the bride to go to the loo haha, lucky them!
    HAHA if you can find the article may i use it to "force" my MOH to help if it comes to it. this is the same woman / sister who after i dislocated my shoulder an was unable to use my arm for weeks on end, used to help me do my hair for work. take into account i have a serious job with clients at a law firm, on days where she felt i wasnt nice she used to put it into pony tails / bunches either side of my head to go to work with. being armless and helpless i suffered a lot of embarassment and needless to say clients thought it was hilarious. so from now on im very careful what i ask my sister to do !!! imageimageimage
  • mrslane2bmrslane2b Posts: 1,205
    Omg I didnt even consider how to go to the loo in my dress... I might hve to take it off totally as it is so fitted! I too have a bladder the size of a walnut... Nicknamed Peabody by my OH! Oh dear!

Maybe I could get the dress shop to add quick fire Velcro strips (aka superman esque) for quick loo stops x
  • rachmac13rachmac13 Posts: 86
    Quoted:
    Omg I didnt even consider how to go to the loo in my dress... I might hve to take it off totally as it is so fitted! I too have a bladder the size of a walnut... Nicknamed Peabody by my OH! Oh dear!

Maybe I could get the dress shop to add quick fire Velcro strips (aka superman esque) for quick loo stops x

I'm so glad it's not just me image I'm liking the idea of superman-esq velcro (although if someone steps on you train earlier in the day you want to make sure your dress doesn't fall apart around you hehe
  • Quoted:
    Quoted:

I'm so glad it's not just me I'm liking the idea of superman-esq velcro (although if someone steps on you train earlier in the day you want to make sure your dress doesn't fall apart around you hehe

I was just thinking that imagine if someone stepped on your train as you were walking down the eisle!! that would be a pic for the wedding album!! imageimage

I wasn't too worried about going to the loo as have had a few ballgowns that are bigger than my wedding dress but then I remebered the hoop might not even fit into the stall!!!maybe I will have to find a big tree!! imageimage

We are not having a honeymoon so I dont have the need for a going away outfit. But we will be staying in a hotel for the night my plan is to by some comfy new pants, big jumper and a huge pair on sunglasses to help me survive my hangover the next day!!

I will just dance and drink till the end of the night roll into a taxi somehow and get the dress cleaned on the monday morning!! imageimage