September brides: Weekly update!

I saw this on other big day buddies section and thought I'd steal it...

Id like to hear what you are planning to do this week - and once you have done it... post an update!

Its a good way of knowing where each other is at and how things are coming together. It might even stop us forgetting to do stuff.

Ill kick it off:

I've got to go and check our wedding bands - and decide on what is being engraved. Also pay for them! eek.

Also we need to confirm costs of flowers, hair and sell the bathrobes I bought for my bridesmaids but have changed my mind!

Anyone else?

• Katie8668Katie8668 Posts: 442
    I like this idea.

I have to take our invites to the hotel as they are paying for the postage on them in return for us letting them put their info in, and I have to finish painting our wishing well that we bought for cards to go in.
  • mrshardie2bmrshardie2b Posts: 253
    My shoes, arrived today - dont like them so have got to take them back this week.

We have also got to confirm our design with our cake maker! Very excited about that!!

Also need to get the next sizes for the the grooms men. Mission in itself!! xx
  • Hi all,need to finish my wedding invites evening ones, ordered signs, chosen music and getting quotes for balloons.

Thanks Tracey
  • kye83kye83 Posts: 582
    This is such a good idea.

This week I must do my invites. I have my final mock up just need to do them!

I also need to Chase my hairdresser for my hair trial.

I feel like I have so much to sort, but in reality I don't think I do. X
  • Mrs MaynesMrs Maynes Posts: 601
    I'm ordering our invites tomorrow!

I'm getting my hair cut Sat so will probably book my hair trial while I'm thereimage
  • SadSack83SadSack83 Posts: 1,700
    I don't know if I think this is a fab idea or if it's going to stress me out but will try for this week and see!

This week I intend to

- Get Honeymoon insurance and ESTA (hen and honeymoon)

- Hire Chairs

- Food tasting and decision

- Sort out bespoke favour boxes and confetti cones

- Book hotel for us and for me and maids to get ready in

- Pay remainder of registrar

- Do list of hotels for our Facebook group (and other supporting docs)

Looks like quite a lot! image
  • Maddi2012Maddi2012 Posts: 256
    I am also having a quiet week as have been manic wedding buying over the last two. We have sorted out bridesmaid dresses, shoes, ties, my shoes and I bought a different belt for my dress for the evening!

This week we have to:

- Get invites printed

- I would like to buy my garter and a wedding hanger (this isn't essential but I am trying to mix big things with little things!!)

- Continue hunting for hair accessories for bridesmaids and me!

xx
    Quoted:
    Well im doing nothing wedding related this week!

Ive booked, sorted, checked everything i need too now i seem to have ran out of things to do

So fully consentrating on college this week, only problem there is ive no exams or work due this week either! Easy week for me then

xx

Now you are just showing off!! Xx
  • Ahhhhh this makes me think I have way toooo much to do!!!

imageimageimage

Have sent our invites out last week though so at least that's something!

Well done to all the organised brides image not long to go now!!
  • MrsKGtoBMrsKGtoB Posts: 286
    Nice idea!

This week we will be...

- continuing our search for polka dot teal ties for the boys, and possibly ordering some off Zazzle which I suspect will be horible quality and leave us back at square one

- continuing to decide on a bridesmaids fabric and trying really hard to not to look for ready made teal dresses now we have asked a friend to make them for us

- ordering card and ivory luggage tags for our invitations, plus stamps stamp from Esty then finishing off the additional info section and RSVP cards!

I am not in a very wedding-y place today, the clothing bit just really frustrates me.
  • This week wedding wise, confirm details for hair trial, invites for evening ordered. Signs for wedding ordered. Need to order mr and mrs sign. Send my bridesmaids dress to her in Cumbria.
  • We went to see the Registrar this morning to give notice of intention

Need to order the invites this week and think about booking a hotel for the wedding night etc

Other than that we're pretty much organised and ready to go!
  • Ooo I like this thread.

Well I've been organsied this weekend.

since thurs have sorted out entertainment, rings cake and decided on my flowers

This week I need to:-

Go and see florist and check on prices

Start writing invites out so I can get them sent

wait for the quote on fireworks and see if they are possible in our budget.

Go for a mooch for BM Dresses

Buy makeup for my makeup on the day

Speak to my hairdresser and see if she will travel to my house on the morning or if I need to go to salon!!!

Is it just me or does the list of thigns to do just not get smaller!! imageimageimage
  • mrslane2bmrslane2b Posts: 1,205
    Nope! As soon as I cross things off my list, a whole new one appears, as it by magic!

So ticking off my list for this week - I have been to see wedding rings and paid for them. Decided on engraving which is being done now.

Got a final price from our florist which was £150 cheaper than we expected (already spent it on additional crystal tealight holders though image )

So not doing too badly so far.
  • CrowLadyCrowLady Posts: 151
    Tomorrow is my day off work so I will be with my mumzy sorting:

the bridesmaids gifts

Ordering personalised favour tags

getting fabric for my daughters bridesmaid dress

getting my mums shoes dyed to match her dress

getting her some gloves ( shes desperate for elbow length gloves!)

And as I am writing this my two adult bridesmaids are having a girly get together to finalise stuff for my hen do, feeling left out so have come on here to cheer myself up imageimage

Keely x
  • Mrs MaynesMrs Maynes Posts: 601
    Forgot we are having our meeting with the venue Saturday too! Pretty important!
  • I can't do anything else this week wedding related as im on a course a work until Thursday night, then it's my daughters birthday cake to make, party thorough out the day and then pack for London for the weekend, phew!!! Next week back to it though! image
  • My to-do list has been halted for this week as I have lost all feeling in one of my arms so not happy to drive!!! Grr!! will have to sit at home and google things instead but it's not the same!!!

I did manage to get a quote from the fireworks company but can't decide if I am happy to spend £900 on things that just go up in the air then vanish!! surely its the same as just burning money!! imageimage
    Quoted:
    This is such a good idea.

This week I must do my invites. I have my final mock up just need to do them!

I also need to Chase my hairdresser for my hair trial.

I feel like I have so much to sort, but in reality I don't think I do. X

Well I'm not doing so well on the hair trial front, but my invites are coming along nicely. Got about half of the day invites done last night and I think they look super pretty and very Girly. If I can get the pics off my phone I will post them.

I have also managed change our wedding time to 1pm which really helps with the flow of the day and I've also checked with the church regarding whether we can have our musicians and also what our photographer is allowed to do. The church is very strict.

As we are also due our pre-wedding shoot on the 6th, I have also been thinking about makeup. Not sure I feel comfortable with someone else doing it, so this weekend I shall go makeup shopping image and use my pre-wedding shoot as a practice run!! Exciting. Xx
  • mrshardie2bmrshardie2b Posts: 253
    Quoted:
    My shoes, arrived today - dont like them so have got to take them back this week.

We have also got to confirm our design with our cake maker! Very excited about that!!

Also need to get the next sizes for the the grooms men. Mission in itself!! xx

Well, I havent had a very productive week, didnt take my shoes back that I didnt like... however have bought some other which I am really happy with, but it does mean that I have two pairs of shoes at the moment, with very little time to take them back... will have to wait until next week!

We had booked our evening buffet which im now not very sure im happy with so am waiting for quotes from other people!

Didnt meet with our cake lady so that will be next week and still havent got any of our groommans neck sizes! So all still to do.... however we did send out all of our invites!! xx
    Done in bold - to be done at weekend in italics!

- Get Honeymoon insurance and ESTA (hen and honeymoon)

- Hire Chairs

- Food tasting and decision

- Sort out bespoke favour boxes and confetti cones

- Book hotel for us and for me and maids to get ready in

- Pay remainder of registrar

- Do list of hotels for our Facebook group (and other supporting docs)

I have sorted out my shoes and some hen party stuff this week too and my invitations have gone to print! I also finished my gift list and got quite a lot of stuff sorted in my head so been productive enough for me alongside full time job!
  • Katie8668Katie8668 Posts: 442
    I've only half painted our wishing well and I've not got the invites to the hotel either image We have just found out that our best friends and the couple who's wedding we met at have separated so its kind of put a dampner on things this week image He's one of our ushers and I'm god mother to their son, so it could be really awkward at the wedding if they don't get back together. I have to work this weekend so I'm hoping to get some stuff done on my rest days on Monday and Tuesday.
  • mrslane2bmrslane2b Posts: 1,205
    Quoted:
    I saw this on other big day buddies section and thought I'd steal it...

Id like to hear what you are planning to do this week - and once you have done it... post an update!

Its a good way of knowing where each other is at and how things are coming together. It might even stop us forgetting to do stuff.

Ill kick it off:

I've got to go and check our wedding bands - and decide on what is being engraved. Also pay for them! eek.

Also we need to confirm costs of flowers, hair and sell the bathrobes I bought for my bridesmaids but have changed my mind!

Anyone else?

So I here is my wedding ring with my engagement:

Just got to collect it now after the engraving has been done.

Flower costs confirmed - minus the delivery and set up? Hoping that isnt going to be too much.

Got confirmation of hair costs - which are ridiculous considering the circumstances (we are talking £100 call out charge before my hair is even touched) so going to look elsewhere. Don't get me started on that!

Still got to sell the bridesmaid and bride bathrobes - they are on ebay at the moment. Any takers? (sorry for blatant ad but I need my spare room back!)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Three-bridesmaid-bathrobes-one-bride-Senza-dressing-gown-RRP-35-each-/190669666838?pt=UK_Wedding_Clothing&hash=item2c64cc3a16
    Sounds like everyone is doing really well on their to do lists!

We (well, I) made a tie breakthrough so just waiting for those to arrive. Fingers crossed OH likes a navy wih turquoise little polka dots....

I booked a make up trial and have a nice folder of potential looks... Mainly Adele?!!

Bridesmaids dresses still outstanding and still no fun. Have a list of stationery to order!

Katie - sorry to hear about your good friends. It does sound like a dampener for your day but really hope it isn't.
    Amazing rings mrslane2b!! I so want my wedding ring now.

And Katie please don't be too sad, there is time till your wedding yet so things will settle one way or another. And your day is about you and your hubby to be so focus on that.

I am happy happy happy today! I managed to get my hair booked for tomorrow; so I'm having a day of invites, wedding hair, makeup buying, shoe collecting (i may have bought another pair image ) and then going to our friends for what sounds like an amazing tea.

Happy Friday everyone!!! Xxxx
  • Maddi2012Maddi2012 Posts: 256
    mrslane2b - wow they look amazing you must be thrilled!

Katie - I am sorry to hear about your friends that is sad news but there is plenty of time until your wedding so I am sure it will all work out.

- Get invites printed. H2b has made up a mock version which look amazing we just need to check through the language, spelling etc and send them off. I am pleased we are taking our time as don't want to rush them, I love them he is very talented and I am really proud of them.

- I bought my wedding hanger! Still hunting the right garter and have contacted someone on Etsy about making one for me.

- Bought my gorgeous hair piece I am wearing a cluster of mini flowers. I have got one set but am awaiting the second set, they are discontinued so had to really hunt to find them. My second set are being shipped from Ireland!

- Again on Etsy (I love that place!) have contacted someone to make the girls hair pieces. Just finalising details on that.

- Also h2b has found bright coloured socks for the groomsmen - I mentioned this ages ago but wasn't sure he was listening but he was and he did it without me even asking! I am impressed! He is really involved in the wedding at the moment and I am loving it!

xx
  • oh god starting to stress - think i've chilled out a bit too long! so jobs for the next week or so:

pick up invites and write names and send

really really need to decied if we're doing a gift list or whatever!

bridesmaid dress

er wedding insurance - totally forgot to get it! oops should do that now!

5months and 2 days to go eek!
    We still dont have any wedding insurance - is this very bad?!

Also MrsLane2b the rings are stunning. Love the unusal diamond shape and how wedding band cubes round it.
    Well I've had my hair trial. I love it but it doesn't feel traditionally 'bridal' but my veil and headband really set it off. Will try put some pics up later.

I have also bought lots of stamps. Get them before they get to crazy prices. On a makeup hunt now!! Xx
    It looks like we're all getting things done!

We went for our food tasting today and it was EPIC! I have never had better fillet of beef! I literally was blown away and I was expecting mass produced junk! The quality was evident and a wonderful surprise. We also met our event organiser (our old one left) and she seems fab so I am very optimistic!

I tried to buy my shoes but the ones in my size were damaged so had to pass but I focused on the beef and all was well again! image

We've also been buying stamps!