7th september 2012

Anyone getting married 7th Sept 2012? How you getting on? xxxx

• mandi133mandi133 Posts: 424
    Im the 8th hun. Got to buy page boy suits, flower girl shoes, wedding rings, h2b shoes, pay flowers and final payment to venue. I have loads of other little things Id like to buy/do but tbh its all non essential stuff x
  • mrshardie2bmrshardie2b Posts: 253

I'm the 8th too, we are pretty much done, got to pay people and meet with our photographer to discuss the running of the day etc. Went to try my dress on again last week which was very exciting! 

I'm the same as you mandi133 really, I have loads of little things I'd like to do / buy to tie things all together.. but at the moment just havent had the time. x

oooo I tried my dress on the other week aswell but its to big so I need to get it alterrd n finally got my veil!! Im not doing anything weddingy for next couole of weeks coz my h2b has just had an operation n i just wanna concertrate on getting him better
  • mrshardie2bmrshardie2b Posts: 253

It's very exciting trying on your dress again isn't it? I loved every second; What sort of viel have you gone for?

We have been trying to get the wedding prep up to a point where it can be all packed up quickly ready for our move. We have just bought a house and we move in three weeks. So the next two months are going to be crazy busy. I need to be a little more organised!

Hope your H2B gets better soon xx

• pinklady1203pinklady1203 Posts: 241

Mrshardie - moving and a wedding in the space of 2 months!! Thats gonna need some good organising, hope everything goes smoothly with the move image

And mandi - hope your other half gets better quickly!

I think I've pretty much finished!! And all in 2.5 months - we only decided to actually go ahead and get married end of April! I just need to pay the venue and DJ, sort out my favours, buy a couple of bits of makeup, and get a few gifts for the people who have helped us out.Oh and make and send my evening invites!! (People know they are invited already - just still gotta send the invite lol).

Also, anyone know where I can get fun/novelty wedding boxers for h2b that don't break the bank? Trawled through ebay and cant find anything suitable.

• Hi,

im new here! *waves hello*

our wedding is on the 7th September 2012, in the lynnhurst hotel, just outside Glasgow, been engaged since june 2010, cant believe its so close now!

x

Im having a full length 2 tier catherdral veil. Ive bought 3 of ebay trying to save money but hated them all, 2 I bought of previous brides n they didnt go with my dress 1 of an ebay shop n it was awful i actually cried when it came. Ive ended up buying a silk veil of ebay again n its beautiful! I love it n i finally have a veil im happy with lol

Aww, cathedral veil sounds lovely! I've just got a 2 tier elbow one with a few pearls on it, I dont wanna take the emphasis from my dress. Only 2 months away now - so excited. Now begun making my order of services, I'm quite proud of them x

vintage bride - do you mean 7th sept, or 7th june next year? If 7th sept this year, you're the first person i've met getting married on the same day image

• hehe, 7th sept! so same day! (thats what i get for posting on a nightshift at 7am! )

hows your planning? were more or less all sorted, just odds and ends!x

Yeah pretty much all finished myself now- just gotta do the worst bit and pay for it. Haha! The last of the evening invites will be sent out tomorrow. I'm getting personalised chocs for favour bags so need to order them pretty soonish. Also just need to buy a few bits of makeup as one of my BM's is doing my hair and makeup. Oh and order the cake in a couple of weeks - we are getting an M&S one, so I've made the decs for it. Also just need to make the order of services - i made these 2 so I could decide if I liked them before I carried on - what do you think?

• they look fab, weve sent out our invites too, not the evening ones yet though.

we still have to decide on the gents favours but thinking of alcohol minatures.

heres our invites -

were making our own cake, did a trial run last week, just a 2 teir madeira, with buttercream frosting and fresh flowers. was so much fun making it with H2b! x

Wow - those look great. Think with my stress with money I'll be making my own cake - not that I would trust myself.

Is your h2b going to help you make the actual cake - I asked mine just to stick a few bits on the invite and he refused flatly lol! Its not really been much of a joint effort lol. Its nice that you can both enjoy the build-up doing little things like that together, think that as well as making it much more personal, it makes it much, much more special too.

• yeah, he is helping make the actual cake, but ill be icing it!! he is a keen cook so baking doesnt phase him.

he has helped with wee bits as we have went along, im very crafty and hes competative so he likes to show off and try and beat me at doing things, so things like favours he has seen as a challenge to beat me!

were on a tight budget too, so the thought of doing alot myself is not a problem, and ill enjoy seeing it all come together on the day.x

I think making things yourself, apart from saving money, just makes it that little bit more personal!

I'm not especially brilliant at art, and hated it at school, but I enjoy all the crafty bits that go with the wedding, I suppose I can be creative when it suits me! Apart from that it really gets me in a "weddingy" mood, something which I hope to prolong until the actual day. I live in Hampshire but am getting married in Yorkshire (where I'm originally from). The whole thing including ceremony is at the hotel where me and h2b spent our first ever night together, so it holds a lot of sentimental value! How about you?

Ah, just realised you did already say...sorry!!

• the hotel were getting married in is only 2 streets away from our flat, so its a bit sentimental as its our first home together.

x

Aww that is really sweet. My hotel is really nice as its not too posh to look down on us having a small cheap wedding, but classy enough to have all the nice rooms inside! Only thing I don't like is the entrance, doesn't have any grounds, but it does have a lovely courtyard for photos - if the weather holds. Plus it is on a canal, so crossing my fingers for photos at the water edge!!

• Whats the hotel name? ours is the Lynnhurst Hotel, Johnstone. recently refurbished, really glam inside, our wedding is kind of shabby chic/vintage meets glam! x

Herriots Hotel. Like I said its not particularly wonderful to look from the outside - on a road - but the rooms inside make up for it, and we figured we would be inside most of the day anyway! Having said that, I particularly like the canal side it backs on to, and other side of canal, there is a huge park if we want any outdoor pics, plus hotel courtyard, so we have all bases covered!

Here are some images I found of it from Trip Advisor:

Main entrance

Reception room - we're not having a top table but our sashes I think will be the same colour

And again from Trip Advisor, here is the courtyard:

(Minus the rain hopefully) And thats where they we walk out as man and wife for confetti etc.

Wanted to get a good one of the canal side but aren't really any that do it justice!

• love the courtyard! looks a lovely place, are you having a large wedding? ours is 90 day guests. heres some pics from our hotel website - 

room im getting ready in-

honeymoon suite -

jacuzzi is in honeymoon  suite!! hope we can use it as check out is 11am, so hopefully up early!

x

Love the sunken jacuzzi!! Ours has jacuzzi too, but we have't seen it yet, even a picture, so will be a surprise!

Your hotel looks lovely, and the room you are getting reading in looks gorgeous too! And wow! 90 guests for the ceremony! We are only having a small intimate wedding, with only 24 guests for the ceremony/wedding breakfast, and then 35ish for the evening reception. Its partly because we only have a super small budget, but also partly because I would like to spend more time with my guests individually, and I'd never get round that many!! Tbh I was a bit worried about the size of our wedding, but people reminded me that its more intimate because its only people who really know you, plus when all is said and done its h2b and my day at the end of it, so its what we want, not everyone else!

• yeah we never wanted a huge wedding, but once we wrote the list of guests we were surprised how big it was! H2b has a large group of close friends, about 15 of them, then once you add all their wives and partners it doubles! the rest is just the 2 families!

we dont have a huge budget, infact not bug at all, the venue and meal take up about 2/3 of budget, luckily ive managed to do the rest of the things for about £2k, as doing most myself, and my mums a florist so that helps! image x

I think my guest list is smaller cos the wedding is 300miles away from OH's family. But we're gonna try and hold a party down here after a bit more saving for all those people. Plus I'm only 21, and moved down to Hampshire when I was 18, so my uni friends are down here, and all my friends from School are invited anyway! I guess we just don't have that big a family! My venue and meal cost about 1/3 of budget, maybe a bit less cos we managed to get a special offer package if we married on a Friday - so we thought why not!

Oooo jacuzzi image) we have one in our room but wer staying for 2 nights so we should have time to use itimage

Were having 50 guests at our ceremony n we have another 60 for the night time. Im getting really excited now!
  • Mandi133 are you getting married on 7th Sept too? where abouts? x

Im the 8th sept hun. Were getting married in st georges hall in liverpool n then our reception is in the adelphi hotel x
  • jarkmessjarkmess Posts: 751

I'm the 8th September image Only 59 days to go, how exciting!

I keep wanting to change everything though but it's a bit late now I guess. We are getting married in Tewin in Hertfordshire x

Very exciting now - just waiting for the last few bits I ordered to come through!xx