Forum home Archived I'm getting married in January 2015

20th June 2015!!

Hi All!!

Seeing as I keep hovering around the forums and jumping in everyones threads I thought it was about time I posted my own!!

So firstly how we met was one of those set up by a mutual friend.  We had both come out of relationships and feeling bit down so the lady I worked with said look chat to this guy and see what happens just have some fun.  So thats where it started lets meet for a laugh and see what happens.

I have to say and h2b knows this when I first met him I really wasnt too keen he wasnt my usual type and I just thought omg what am i doing!  Butttt after numerous texts back and forth and a few times of meeting up I started to change my mind he was a sweet guy and actually much nicer than any of my exes!

So anyway this went on for a while and we got closer then things hit a bumpy patch and he was getting stick from his so called mates and they got into his head and he turned around and said he didnt want this and it was over and he turned his phone off and i was left not knowing what was going on and in tears as although it hadnt been a long time togetherI was still tender from the last break up and thought omg is there something wrong with me!

This was all going on whilst being at work so unprofessional and so the lady that introduced us in the first place told me to go home as it was the afternoon and not long left anyway so I skulked off home and cried to my mum!  Then low and behold who suddenly gets in touch... him!  I was like WHAT! and he said im so sorry can I come meet you and take you for dinner.... I was very hesitant as I was hurting but I agreed and off we went and we got out the car and he gave me a hug and said he was sorry he shouldnt let them get to him and its down to him what he does so will I give him another chance and lets take it slow.

So we started again and picked up the pieces and generally had a nice time for a while then once again tradegy struck a so called friend of mine sent him "pictures" lets leave it at that for a forum and I was again left heartbroken and upset we was staying at mine the night i found out and he was asleep so yes bad on me for spying but glad i did!

So I woke him up screaming at him and he was once again sorry sorry and deleted them and said he dont know why he done it and all this jazz and her story was so pathetic i cant even bring myself to type it out!  Anyway I didnt know what to do i was torn do i walk away or put it down as a stupid mistake and move on.... needless to say I moved on and got over it but it wasnt easy and my trust was very wobbly.

So we carried on with my trust on edge and then out the blue he decided to discuss living together so at first I moved in with him and his mum and it was a bit awkward but I get on well with his mum so was fine.  Then we had some help and now live in our lovely 3 bed house with our two babies (kittens i must add haha)  So after a year or so of living together H2B started being a right wind up and showing me rings in jewellers and generally hanging the prospect of being engaged over my head it was so cruel and in the end I had to ignore him and blank it all out as it started to upset me!

We was planning on going away for my birthday back in Feb and as it got closer my suspiciousions grew and grew then 2 days before a card came through address to us both which made me thing hang on and he was very funny about it but i left it there not wanting to ruin anything.  So off we went to go away so that morning I had woken up with an ear ache and it was refusing to budge and causing so much pain!  We had arrived to hotel and was chilling out an H2B said come on lets get ready to go for dinner and i was being a right brat and refusing as i felt rough and tryin

Married since June 2015
TTC since August 2015
Miracle Baby due April 2020

"The greater your storm, the brighter your rainbow"

• MrsGB2015MrsGB2015 Posts: 3,899 New bride

damn it didnt post everything this was what was cut off:

to get him to order a take away to our room.

Eventually I gave in and off we went out to a nice indian for dinner and all the way through the starter he was very off and funny and i even turned round and said oh jesus look like u wanna be out with me... a little while later i understood why he was being so funny... he proposed!!!  Woohoo!  I was in shock although i did think it was coming i didnt know it really was so anyway a few phone calls back to family and tears we was engaged!!!

Now we are officially knee deep in planning well i am - venue booked, photographer booked, friend has offered to do the cake, my mums doing the flowers and table centre pieces, ive brought bows for the chairs as they are not included, an some small things for the tables.

Maybe more decided but I am now all in a tizz and cant think!  So there you are the start of my little story sorry to ramble on and hope you stayed awake through all of that! image

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• SutesSutes Posts: 697

Looking forward to reading lots moRe. Congratulations!

Sutes wrote (see)

Looking forward to reading lots moRe. Congratulations!

Thanks hun im so excited but got so long to go... although every1 keeps saying it will go so quick be here before you know it!

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• Hi, congratulations loved reading that love a happy ending image xx

MrsReasons-to-be wrote (see)

Hi, congratulations loved reading that love a happy ending image xx

Thanks hun had our ups and downs but still stuck together - recent events have rocked my trust slightly but they are all a bit pathetic and i need to remember he is marrying me!

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• Just proves that you can get thru anything and your right it is a big commitment and he is marrying you image x

Just proves that you can get thru anything and your right it is a big commitment and he is marrying you image x

Yea got to keep remembering that as I know most of the things recently are really petty just me being my usual self of being hurt before so guarded and small things get to me - silly really as past is all done and dusted but cant help it sometimes x

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• It is hard to overcome its not as easy sometimes to leve the past in the past but glad your happy now xx

• We are getting married on the same day xxx image

It is hard to overcome its not as easy sometimes to leve the past in the past but glad your happy now xx

Thanks hun I really am and I cannot wait for the big day! image

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

Shabbychic wrote (see)

We are getting married on the same day xxx image

Yay a date twin woo!  Where are you getting married image

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• We are getting married in Scotland in a seaside town. What about you? Xx

Shabbychic wrote (see)

We are getting married in Scotland in a seaside town. What about you? Xx

Aww lovely bet thats nice for photos.  We are getting married in Old Windsor just loveeee our venue wish it was now - saw a friend on facebook went to a wedding at my venue at the weekend and I was soo jealous haha!

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• Brilliant, yeah I know, I feel lifriends our friends have attended a wedding at our venue this year and we haven't!! I have asked them to take note of what they liked and what they thought could be done better, this has proved really useful and has made me even more excited as they all had great days!! X

Shabbychic wrote (see)

Brilliant, yeah I know, I feel lifriends our friends have attended a wedding at our venue this year and we haven't!! I have asked them to take note of what they liked and what they thought could be done better, this has proved really useful and has made me even more excited as they all had great days!! X

Ohh yea thats a good idea I may ask people that have been what they thought.  We are going to take our bridesmaids and best man to the venue this weekend as they have an open day so excited!

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• Hi all.. Im getting married on 11th feb 2015.. What all preparations should i do??? Please tell me.. I got my fiance through  http://goo.gl/rIUb4d

• Hi there, I'm getting married a week after, 27th June 2015.  I've decided on most things now, venue, ceremony, dress etc, but now we have to figure out how to pay for it all! image

Chilliviv wrote (see)

Hi there, I'm getting married a week after, 27th June 2015.  I've decided on most things now, venue, ceremony, dress etc, but now we have to figure out how to pay for it all! image

Aww yay another June 2015 bride!  Ah I know the paying part is the hard part lol x

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• I know, we'll all be living on beans on toast at this rate image

ChilliBride wrote (see)

I know, we'll all be living on beans on toast at this rate image

Haha yea true!  Where are you getting married?  Have you actually got the dress or just found one you like? image

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

• We are getting married in Ironbridge, Shropshire.  Yes, I've found THE dress image, paid the deposit and playing the waiting game!

What about you?

We are getting married in Old Windsor.  Ahh exciting I have my dress it came in earlier than the shop thought so its currently living at my mums house haha!  I went to try it on with my shoes on sunday and I just loveeee it I want it to be the day now haha! x

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015