Tie or Cravat?

Which one is your OH going for? We are undecided. X

• :D:D Posts: 1,805

I prefer cravats, but I think they suit formal weddings so we are going for ties.

• JodielouJodielou Posts: 4,058

I prefer ties, and that's what we had!  I don't mind cravats though, and agree that they suit a more formal wedding.  One thing I would say, if you do end up choosing cravats, is make sure the groom and his groomsmen know how to tie them properly:  I went to a wedding last year and the bride's brother stood out for all the wrong reasons! xx

• I prefer ties too, but my hubby really wanted a cravat because he wears a tie everyday for work...so I reluctantly let him have that( I'm so kind) and it looked great.

Has he tried both on with the suit?

• Think that's how we'll end up deciding lol! X

• BanariBanari Posts: 1,847

The whole way through planning h2b said he wanted a tie, when he went to choose his suit he opted for a cravat. Same reason really as above - he wears a tie to work and just felt that the cravat made it look a little different.

• tinkymootinkymoo Posts: 419

I really dont like cravats so thankful my h2b went for tie.. he felt more comfortable in a tie which is the main thing. 

• My OH was adamant he would not be wearing a cravat but as they are wearing dinner suits against the traditional tail costs or morning coats a cravat wasn't an option anyway so he's wearing a tie

• Which one and how to tie a cravat can be found here in this article.

https://www.johnpricephotography.co.uk/wedding-tips/tie-cravat