Forum home Archived I'm getting married in July 2014

Cambridge - any tips on venues?

Hi there!

I'm getting married in July 2014 (at least we are nearly decided!) and I wondered if anyone has any experience/tips/advice on wedding venues in Cambridge? We're looking at Marquees - Rectory Farm and Burwash Secret Garden.

KXXimage

• Sawcy_89Sawcy_89 Posts: 105

Hi Kerrie, we live just outside of Cambridge and are getting married in Trumpington in August! Where do you live?

I dont know anything about Rectory Farm, but I go to Burwash Manor all the time. We did look at the Secret Garden but it was too small for all our guests, but I am having a pamper session at Dragonfly the day before the wedding!

If you want any info about Burwash or other Cambridge suppliers then feel free to ask! image

• Hi Kerrie, congratulations!

I've never been to Rectory Farm however I am photographing a wedding at Burwash this June. The couple vouch for it (of course!) because it has a very relaxed, country garden feel where they can add their own special touch. I think it'd be perfect for something with a rustic feel. There is also an extension for more guests.
    I also think Hotel Felix do marquees. There are quite a few formal venues in Cambridge, but if you're looking for marquees you might need to look a bit further afield. Good luck with it though, let us know how it goes! image

Noor MacDonald Photography

• CharlDCharlD Posts: 194

Hey Kerrie,

we had our reception at the secret garden on the 13th April so if you want to ask any questions for see pics then let me know image xxx

• TickleyJessTickleyJess Posts: 1,649

Hi Kerrie - we got married in Cambridge last month and held our reception at Barrington Hall which has an adjoining marquee.  It really is stunning.  There are pictures on my wedding report thread if you want to look.

CharlD - how did your wedding go?! x

• MikeytMikeyt Posts: 5 New bride

dont know if you've chosen a church yet, but I just did photography for a couple in St Andrew the Great, right in the middle of town and it's a lovely place, really light and airy with an amazing feel to it - some pics on my blog here: http://wp.simpleimages.co.uk/wedding/anna-and-adam-in-cambridge/

If you're open to ideas slightly further out of cambridge, my dad's a farmer near newmarket and I'm sure would do a very good deal for a marquee in a field type of day! 

• wenlockwenlock Posts: 103

I would second Barrington Hall.  It feels really private and laid back, and you get the place for the whole weekend.  I was very very tempted.

We are getting married at the Old Hall in Ely, which has the best quality marquee I saw.

We also looked at Longstowe Hall, but although the house and gardens are beautiful (although a bit formal for my tastes), the marquee itself felt a bit cheap, like a tent.