27th Sepetmber 2014

Hi everyone, Just wondering if anyone shares the same big day as us??? After being bridesmaid loads of times I feel I already know what I want for the big day and when it comes to planning I'm worried I'm going to have it all sorted with loads of time in advance for nothing to do!!! Anyone else feel like this??

• PoppinsPoppins Posts: 3,146

bump

• MrsJDH2014MrsJDH2014 Posts: 305

Hey PoppinsBride2Be, we just planned our wedding for the same date! We were first going to get married in November but moved it forward because we wanted some (hopefully) nicer weather and the light to stay longer! I am so excited now we have picked the date and just booked our venue!

Have you got much done yet?

We have booked our church too and the photographer (though I don't have to pay the deposit untill when I meet up with her in September this year). I have so many ideas but think we will wait booking the rest and working out ideas untill we move hopefully around September. We are just waiting for our flat to be sold before we can move into the new house, I can't wait!

Yay a date twin!! I'm rather organised to be honest! I've started writing my planning thread if you fancied reading it. Where are you getting married? Xxx

It's exiting to count down with someone isn't it! I made us a website for the guests (it's far from finished though!) and everytime I go on it I love the days countdown on it.

I am kinda organized and love planning but people seem to think I'm mad starting already! Now we have the venue booked I definately want to start planning some more things! H2B's mum thought I was crazy wanting to book already but once she saw the venue she was easily convinced.

I'm getting married in church in Cheadle Hulme, near Manchester and our venue will be very near to the church in Stockport. It's in the Alma Lodge Hotel. Venue is simple but beautiful inside, we chose it mainly because it reminds me of venues at home and because we wanted a hotel where my family could stay cheap as well. I moved hear from Belgium to be with H2B so we are trying to get a mix between UK and Belgian traditions! I want to try to some DIY but at the moment don't really have the space in the flat to start it so just getting more ideas.

Oh I will have a look at your planning thread later! I do like reading them to give me some more ideas. I think I already have too much inspiration so it's more about making choices though! Gotta go make some food first though, can't believe it's already 8!

Will you have a big wedding or a smaller intimate one?

We booked ours in October 2012 and started booking things straight away. We are having a welsh/Yorkshire day to include traditions from us both. We are having quite a big do, around 90 to the day and 130 to the night. All my family will be travelling from Wales. we are in Barnsley which isn't too far from Stockport! 

I started my planning thread simply to keep all my ideas in one place. It's really helped plus its great to get import from other brides xxx

Oh that is not so far indeed!

I really like your planning thread! I am a bit worried about starting one as my ideas are still a bit all over the place and I'm a bit worried it'll be boring to read lol. Me and H2B met online too! But I will keep the story for a planning thread, I think I will start one soon even though a bit nervious about it.

The most annoying thing with our planning at the moment is that we are still in a tiny flat, which needs to be spotless all the time cause we can get unexpected viewings at any point because we are trying to sell, so I can't buy much yet or start any DIY because I don't have the space to hide it away! We had hoped to sell by the end of August but it's all coming a bit close now. image If we don't sell soon I will have to make some space for some wedding things though! xxx

I was really worried about starting my thread too and I orginally wanted to hold out till a year to go but I'd started buying stuff, making things and booking so much I started! I thought mine was going to be boring but dont worry about that, people will still read even if they dont comment. Theres a couple of us on here getting married in Sept 2014.

I know what you mean about space, i've got wedding stuff all over the house, our spare room is also known as the 'wedding room'. Its a little annoying when we actually have guests, we have to move everything out! xxx

• MrsPom2beMrsPom2be Posts: 7

Hi Poppins and MrsJDH! image

Cross your fingers! I'm booking my venue on Tuesday, they're holding the 27th September 2014 for us! So (if I haven't now jinxed it image), you can both have a date triplet! xx

Oooh fingers crossed all goes well! Where abouts you from MrsPom? image

I'm from Surrey image got engaged in April - so still in the early stages, as I imagine you are too! What about you? x 

I am from Manchester, we booked venue (including food), church and photographer so far. image A lot of ideas for all the rest though! Probably going for my first dress shop visit next week, so excited !

Woohoo!! Welcome to our thread which I've just realised I've spelt September wrong!!! So sorry ladies!!! I've booked loads to be honest! Ha! I do think I'm a little too organised! Xxx

Did you book the venue MrsPom??? Xx

SUCCESS! image officially a 27th September 2014 bride!! image image 

MrsJDH I'm also going for my first dress shop this weekend! Poppins, what are you up to?   Excited to have 2 planning/excitement buddies!

xx

Yay! Welcome date triplet! I've not been dress shopping yet! waiting til I get back from my holiday, hopefully ill be tannedimage do you have any ideas yet for your day? Xx

• ED2BED2B Posts: 6

Ok so mines the week before.... But as its close to yogut us just wondered should I be looking for a dress yet? 

• ED2BED2B Posts: 6

You guys not yogut as my spell check seems to say ! Lol

I think there's more than enough time left for dress shopping ED2B! I wasn't gonna go yet, but I am originally from Belgium, and as my mum doesn't often come to the UK, I am going to look at dresses with her while I'm on holiday in Belgium, cause I really want to go with my mum first time!

I am leaving on holiday tomorrow for a week, really looking forward to being away from work for a week and spending some time with my family! I made our save the dates for my side of the family so my mum can post them in September, as sadly I might not go back to Belgium before then! They are looking exactly how I wanted them to, really happy! image

How we all doing ladies?? Not long till the 400 days to go mark!!! Xx

Hey ladies!

All good on my side, I am so excited about the year to go mark and sending out the save the dates! Saying that I still have to finish half of them off lol!

Have been a bit preoccupied as I got offered a new job! Starting monday! And as you can see in the ticker there will be a little BabyH by the time we get married if all goes well. image

I'm super excited haha!

Aww congratulations MrsJDH!!! When are you due? We toyed with the idea of trying before but off to Florida in 3 weeks and I didn't want to be pregnant I whilst on hol so we are waiting till a couple of months before the wedding! I'm pretty much sorted with booking things, I'm off to try dresses on after hols then will get BM dresses and suits etc! Xx

I'm due around 19th of april I think, not 100% sure as I didn't have AF since june, so waiting till the first scan to confirm 100% for sure. image

I'm still so impressed by what you have booked, I might have to really start sorting things out now lol. Got all the ideas but havn't really booked much apart from venue and church and photographer. Not sure when we'll go dress shopping now with the pregnancy, only 5months left after due date and not sure if I should go now if I go before or when I'm a bit further along as more likely they can take it in then it being too small!

This time next year we'll be married ladies!!! Eeeeeeekkkk!!!! Xxx

• Omg I can barely believe how fast this has gone by already! Fingers crossed the weather is this nice next year too! image

Yeah it was gorgeous in Yorkshire today! 

• Woohoo exciting!! imageimageimageimage Sorry for absence lately, I'm so busy with work! I was watching the weather too on Friday, and me and Mr Pom went to the National Wedding Show - very appropriate! image Fingers crossed this time next year it's sunny for us!

Hows everyones planning going? 

& Congrats MrsJDH, how exciting! x

Ooooh how was the show Mrs Pom? I'm going to the NEC next week with my Mum and MOH xxx

• I am getting married on 27 September 2014 as well!!  You seem sooooo organised in comparison to me! 

Do you have a planning thread?  Sorry .... newbe to this!!

Welcome Sarah!! Where in the country are you getting Married? There's a few if us now for the 27th! Yeah I started a thread a while ago! It's the alphabetti spaghetti one! Have you started one yet? Xx