Forum home Archived I'm getting married in September 2014

Hows everyone getting on?

Hello, hows everyone getting on with the planning?

Im so stressd out we only booked on monday and now i feel we dont have enough time image

are you having sit down meals etc

x

• PoppinsPoppins Posts: 3,146

Hello, we are rather organised but we did start planning 13 months ago! But I don't have a dress or BM dresses! 10 months is quite a long time so I wouldn't worry just yet! Whereabouts are you getting married? Xx

• herstoryherstory Posts: 1,268

You will be fine, we booked our venue 9 months before hand, we have 5 months left to go image

We did take a lot of stress out of the planning by booking the venues package, so the food and DJ are sorted.

I also accepted perfection will not be possible, so am not going to stress about the details too much.

Photographer was the first thing we booked after the venue, literally within a week of signing the contract with the venue, registrar was booked and appointment made to do the required paperwork before we signed the venue contract but the appointment was over 3 weeks later. My dress I found at the The National Wedding Show in October, took a mere 5 hours to find it! No transport needed, staying at the venue the night before. The big outstanding items are bridemaids dresses, my accessories, the guys suits and venue decorations, but I suspect it will be the New Year now before we make any progress with any of those.

• VictoriaoVictoriao Posts: 1,536

We've booked the "big stuff" but all the little stuff still has to be done. And thats the bit that's freaking me out more. There was tonnes to do invites, rings, menus, orders of services, Flowers, need I go on!

• MrsE2be2014MrsE2be2014 Posts: 1,458

You will be fine, I remember starting and being really overwhelmed but completely unintentional we managed to book and arrange everything in 3 months! I'm not usually this organised but have been with the wedding once we booked one thing we naturally went on to the next and then it was all done!

Just stay calm and make a list you will be crossing things off in no time!

• i feel so behind everyone ahhh image

We have booked the registry office, reception venue, cake, invites, dj, cars.

thats pretty much it!

our colour is cadbury purple and im struggling to get dresses, i have four BM and they go from sizes 8-18! stress haha x

• VictoriaoVictoriao Posts: 1,536

Stacey your doing well! I haven't asked my bm's yet (a job to do at Xmas), not picked a colour scheme or sorted invites or cake! Although randomly we have booked suits and picked waistcoats and ruches although we have til May to change them!

its the blind leading the blind over here!

• Don't worry Stacey you have plenty of time to get things sorted out! We got married in April and left so much until the last couple of months but it all came together in the end! 

Victoria, if you need any help or advice with your stationery, pop by and visit us anytime. We make handmade stationery and can incorporate any idea/theme and personalise to your colour scheme. 

Good luck brides to be! image

• Thanks for the reassurance ladies, small things are coming together now image

we just need a caterer, anyone recommend one in the Lancashire area? we live in wigan.