Forum home Archived Irish brides

renewing our wedding vows

we are renewing our wedding vows in jan 2014,

has anyone renewed thier vows? we are just stating to oragnise things and dont realy know were to start. any ideas on themes, reception etc would be realy appreicated image

• Snowy xSnowy x Posts: 1,100
    Congratulations, Im also on here planning our vow renewal, does your renewal fall on a particular anniversary, any special reason for doing it?

I'm taking on the task as though it was our original wedding, as for that it was just us and witnesses at the registry office due to having no budget. We always said we'd renew our vows once we were in a better financial situation, so here we are!
  • mrsC9mrsC9 Posts: 7
    Quoted:
    Congratulations, Im also on here planning our vow renewal, does your renewal fall on a particular anniversary, any special reason for doing it?

I'm taking on the task as though it was our original wedding, as for that it was just us and witnesses at the registry office due to having no budget. We always said we'd renew our vows once we were in a better financial situation, so here we are!

hi snowflake an thanks for replying image

like yourself my husband an i got married when we didnt have much money as we were both very young, we also got married in resgistry office with 2 witnesses an no photos image

we always said we would renew our vows on our 25th annivesary but because of member of family ill health we have decided to do it on our 23rd anniversary image

we now have 4 kids an 7 wee grandkids so we want to make it a speical day.

were having it in our church then a reception and after party in a hotel, im like you im doing everything as if it was my first time an its all very exciting.

how many years have you been married? an when are you planning to have your renewal? x
    Its so exciting to finally be able to talk to someone in the same position as us! Wow, congrats on your 23 years together and sorry to hear about your family members poor health, image

We'll be renewing the week before our 10th anniversary, NYE!!!

Are you going for the full dress too? Like you, we'll be having the blessing in church with a reception and NYE party in a hotel.
    awwh congrats on your upcoming 10th annivesary image

i know what you mean, ive not been able to find anyone else who is planning a renewal until now image an its great to be able to share with someone doing the same.

yeah i intend to do the big dress thing, first time round i wore a trouser suit so i realy want it to be speical, i prob will go overboard but im enjoying doing what i didnt get to do first time around. we were going to do a scottish theme as we both love scotland and had loads of lovely holiday there with are kids when they were young but im not sure if i could pull that of as it might turn out a disaster but my hubby intends to wear the kilt anyway which will be lovely.

will you be writing your own vow renewals? i think we are going to have a go at writing our own.

will you be wearing a wedding dress an going overboard like myself ? image x
    Oh, I'll defo be doing the proper dress and going all out. Aww the kilts always look so fab, sadly my hubby is English therefore no celtic blood in him whatsoever to get away with the kilt. ( Although most likely to be in Army No 1's anyway which he looks V sexy if I do say so myself! lol )

I've had a quick go at coming up with our own Vows, but hubby is not so creative with words and so isnt that keen on the idea, I still have time to work on him though! lol

I've been working on the template for our Save the Dates today, and finally have something completely finished rather than just a mock up, Im so excited about getting them down to the printers to be copied, then I can start putting them all together ready to send out at xmas! image
    im sure your hubby will look great in his army no 1 uniform image

we wouldnt be very creative when it comes to writing our own vows either belive me, but would realy like to give it ago, at least we have loads of time to try an get something put together, something that has alot of meaning in them about our life together image

at the minute we are looking into hotels were we can hold the reception, we have 2 in mind and are hoping to go view them next weekend.

i hadnt heard of save the date before image x
    Aww, until I became a bridezilla and spending ALL my time on this forum I hadnt heard of half these weddingy things either, however now I have, Im determined not to miss out on any of them! lol
    Quoted:
    Aww, until I became a bridezilla and spending ALL my time on this forum I hadnt heard of half these weddingy things either, however now I have, Im determined not to miss out on any of them! lol

its a great forum, im loving it image

i like the idea of the save the date.

i was having a wee nosey at your posts yesterday about your plans and ideas, you are doing some lovely things and i love your snowflake theme image
    I really must update that thread, Ive done soo much since I last posted in there, and changed a few ideas! Made some DIY bits etc, will have to start taking some snaps! Have you/Are you making anything yourself?