Forum home Archived Live web clinics

Welcome to our Figleaves webchat

Hi everyone

Got a question about your honeymoon lingerie? Want to know how to mix practical and gorgeous?

Ask Denise for her help - Denise is the expert when it comes to lingerie, having worked for high street retailers Fenwick and Debenhams before becoming the lingerie buyer on D+ at Figleaves.com

She's got all the expertise you'll need in time for the big day

We'll keep track of all the questions so no one will be missed out, but please bear with us if we start to get busy. Please do make sure that you post within this thread (by clicking "post reply" at the top or bottom of the thread) as unfortunately we're not able to answer questions posted elsewhere in the forum.

Enjoy yourselves

Webmaster

• Hi,

I am having problems with my wedding lingerie, I really want to wear a basque as i want something quite sexy but am a size 14 so also want to cover the lumpy bits, what can you recommend?

• Hi Denise,

I am getting married in Mexico this year and my wedding dress is by Mori Lee

http://www.morilee.com/DressDetail.aspx?C=1&D=2175&P=1

I was just wondering what the best underwear would be, i am a 34C and size 12

Thanks

[Modified by: Domrepbride on February 03, 2009 04:10 PM]

• Hi Denise,

I am getting married in May next year and havent started dress shopping yet, however i have always had a bust (38F) and i am concerned about what type of bra to wear that will be comfortable for the whole day.

Currently i have a sit down office job and i find that the underwired cups really mark my rib cage by the end of the day but i think i am wearing the correct size... sometimes i do have to reposition my bra during the day and i dont want to have to feel like that on my wedding day or feel uncomfortable during the sit down meal.

Do you know how i can make wearing a bra more comfortable so that i can feel supported and reassured on the day? I am currently losing weight (2st so far) but nothing has come off in the bosom area.

Many Thanks

Nicola
  • hi denise,

i am getting married in may, i have my perfect dress chosen, but am unsure as to what underwear to buy, i am a petite 34A and need something to give a bit of cleveage but i also want sexy? any ideas? my dress is silvher haze.

http://www.maggiesottero.com/collection.aspx?keywordText=kadence&keywordType=any&page=0&pageSize=12
  • I forgot to say im wearing Trudy Lee 24572 http://www.trudylee.co.uk/bridalgowns.html and am a 34DD
  • hi,

Im a size 26ish and i need nics and good underwear for my dress in nude if poss im a size 38 DD

Thanks stacey x x
  • EmmaTHPEmmaTHP Posts: 302
    Hi Denise,

I'm wearing Papillon by Jenny Packham (http://www.brides.com/fashion/dresses/gallery/wedding_dresses/runway/designer/jennypackham/detail/162769?offset=73#_chip=0) but have no idea what lingerie (specifically what bra) to wear! The dress is rather low cut and although it has straps they are very thin at the back. I'm a 32D so I feel a little too busty to go braless. I also don't want to wear a bra with see-through plastic straps. Have you got any ideas what might work?

Thanks

Emma
  • ps my dress is very similar 2 the trudy lee dress
  • vaz-bazvaz-baz Posts: 197
    Hi,

I'm an akward 30DD and find it difficult to find nice bras ,especially that don't cost an arm and a leg!! I really wanted some nice new undies and babydolls for the honeymoon.

As I'm a size 8 I find it hard to get nice babydolls etc that fit all round...what's your best alternative?!

• i meant 16ish size not 26
  • Hi Chloe,

We sell a number of bridal basques which are both sexy and flattering for a variety of body shapes. I would recommend the Confetti basque from Panache (£40), which has sheer embroidery detail and light corsetry-style boning, to create a defined waist and smooth away any lumpy bits! It has detachable straps and suspenders, and we also sell a matching thong (£10) and shorrt (£12).

Denise
  • AliCeeukAliCeeuk Posts: 100
    Hi Denise

I'm having an off the shoulder dress (it's actually a bridesmaid dress) which is very straight and simple and so I want to wear some sort of "body shaper" thing to hide the lumps and bumps. My problem however, is that since buying the dress I have lost 2 stone and have gone from a 32DD to a 32C and I look utterly flat chested. So I thought I would get some sort of gel filled strapless bra to go with the rest of my passion killing undies!!

The best gel filled strapless that I've seen seems to be the Ultimo miracle collection multiway bra (I think that's what it's called) but as it is a plunge design will it look ok under my dress or would I be better to go for something like the Panache special occasions bra as it is shaped straight across-ish at the top??

I really want something to give me a bit of oomph but don't want people to be able to see the shape of the bra under the dress!!

Hope some of that makes sense.

Thanks

Ali
  • Hi Denise,

I'm getting married in 2 months and am suddenly realising how late I've left lingerie shopping! I went to a few department stores at the weekend and was really disappointed by the lack of choice.

I'm wearing Benjamin Roberts 1007

http://www.benjaminroberts.co.uk/vintage_collection.htm (and on me in my avatar)

I'm a 34B and a size 8/10 - I don't really need much support or coverage, but could do with an extra boost. Mainly though I just want something that looks pretty and feels a bit sexy - preferably a full set with suspenders etc.

Any advice would be very gratefully received.

Thanks

-x-

• Hi Domrepbride.

Your dress looks beautiful! I imagine Mexico will have a warm climate when you get married, so I would suggest wearing a strapless bra with matching underwear, rather than a basque.

We sell a great lace collection from Lejaby called Belle Du Jour, which is lightweight, pretty and practical. I would recommend the strapless bra, thong, suspender belt and garter which retails at £135 for the set.

Have you thought about swimwear for your honeymoon? We sell a number chic and glamourous collections from Melissa Odabash, which are perfect for lazing about by the pool or on the beach.

Denise
  • hi denise,

iam a size 18/20 bride to be, with size 38g bangers. im wearing a basque stlye wedding dress. i want to know what bra can i get that will give me support and confidence through out my big day.. thanks lisa x
  • Hi Denise

I am wearing a strapless dress which is very supportive, but I would be happier to wear a strapless bra or basque as I am a size 14-16 with 34HH chest. I cannot find strapless or basques that go up to this size anywhere so I wonder if you know of any or if you could recommend any advice.

My dress is Ellis Bridal style 11022.

Thanks

Sam
  • Hi Denise,

I, like so many other ladies on here have a strapless dress and a large chest (34dd). My problem is obviously the size and finding nice underwear to fit properly, but also, the weight of my chest! Can you recommend any underwear I can buy that will fit well and also stay upright, not requiring me to hoyke my hooters up in a most unladylike manner?! Huge thanks!
  • NaomeiNaomei Posts: 2,273
    Any tips for a backless dress? It does have crossover straps but doesn't have much coverage on the back. I was thinking I just wouldn't wear a bra, but am interested to know if there's some sort of solution if I decided I wanted to! It's also low cut in front. (Not as stripper-ish as it sounds, honest!) It is a Jenny Packham.
  • Hi Nicola,

Congratulations on losing 2 stone - what an acheivement!

When checking that you are wearing the correct bra size, the underband that sits around your ribcharge should feel fairly snug and not like it's "riding up" - if it does, then you need to buy a smaller back size and go up a cup size to compensate. Your underwires of your bra should sit flat against your chest and not stand away, and your breasts should fill the cup without bulging out or creating what we call the "4 boob effect"! I would recommend the Fantasie Allure collection - the bra £40) can be worn strapless or with straps attached, and has smooth moulded cups with pretty embroidery detail, which lift and support the weight of the bust for all day comfort. We also sell a matching thong, suspender belt and garter to complete your look.

Denise
  • Hi Bex,

For a petite bust I would recommend the Elixir collection by Lejaby. We sell a padded half cup bra (£48) which creates a sexy but natural-looking cleavage, with a flirty skirted thong (£31).

Denise
  • petahuntpetahunt Posts: 183
    Hello Thank heavens for websites with this snow it makes you realise how easy it is to shop at home and Figleaves which is one that has a huge choice of both bridal and honeymoon pieces, plus there are3 a few boys on there with great bodies! and an additonal bonus they will allow you free returns,

I know that it is so much easier to try everything on with your dress at home save dragging it around. However, from my experience it is worth getting the best supporting underwear you can. Unless your dress is Couture and I mean made for you by a designer from scratch the with this snow
  • Hi

I'm having trouble finding underwear that doesn't show underneath my dress. I'm a 32B and a size 8, want to get something that give me cleavage but doesn't show at all underneath my dress - smooth lines. It definitely has to be nude/flesh tones. Any ideas?

Thanks
  • Hi Emma,

Your dress looks beautiful!

I would recommend the Gossard Superboost multiway bra (£21), which has a plunging neckline, padded cups with removeable pads, and can be worn strapless, so there is no need to worry about straps showing underneath your dress.

Denise
  • Hi vaz-baz,

I would recommend the Opulence collection from Pour Moi. This sexy sheer bra (£22) has bold purple embroidery with a co-ordinating thong (£10) and suspnder belt (£14). There is also a sexy babydoll (£30) in the collection which has gel cups for extra cleavage!

Denise
  • i cant seen to see all questions and respones, dont know if it my internet or this web page.

lisa x
  • Hi Lisa,

I would recommend the Panache Confetti strapless bra (£25), which has a delicate floral embroidery to give a light appearance. The silicone "gripper" attached to the underband holds the bra in place all day, so you can feel confident and supported. We also sell matching shorts (£12) to complete your look.

Denise
  • Please try snd bare with us on the tempory website problems.

Enjoy yourselves

Webmaster
  • zara_louzara_lou Posts: 599
    Hi Denise,

I am wearing a sweetheart neckline dress (strapless) and am a 34C. I want something sexy but practical that I am going to feel comfy in all day - any suggestions?

Also, what undies would you recommend. I normally wear bikini briefs and do not feel comfy in a thong!

Thanks

Zara
  • HI Ali,

Congratulations on losing 2 stone - what an acheivement!

I would recommend the Double Gel Strapless bra from After Eden (£22). This bra has a straight neckline, smooth cups, and extra-oomph gel pads in each cup to give you a fantastic cleavage.

Denise

• Hi Denise

I'm wearing pronuptia rita, which is a strapless lace fishtail dress. I'm a size 10 with 34A boobs, and was thinking wondering what bra you would suggest to give me a good shape and if there are any knickers which will "hold me in", and some nice ones for the wedding night.

thanks

Andrea