Forum home Archived Live web clinics

Answers from the flower webchat

Sorry about the techinical difficulties we had on this week's webchat - here are Lucinda's replies to your questions...

Hi Suzi.Burger

How lovely! perfect time of year for blue try Mascari, hyacinths, irises and tall flowers such as BlueBee which look amazing on mass. Other late spring flowers in ivory such as ranunculas, tulips and anemones. Try using grey foliages such as Eucalyptus, senecio or sage

Hi Summer B2B

Pink and chocolate is gorgeous! My reccommendation is to use soft pale pink flowers and back with rich chocolate foliages, bound in chocolate chiffon ribbons. Let me know what time of year you're getting married and I can let you know whats in season.

Hi Steph (Sloc2B)

Blue is tricky at that time of year. So I would focus on the ivory. Perhaps you could add some lavender the tones to connect the two colours. Blue flowers that should be around are hyacinths, thistles and irises. If you go for a purple hue you could add roses, anemones and lissianthus. My suggestion would be to bring in the navy in the reception space with navy vases, table cloths, menus and do white everywhere else.

Hi Clareiow,

What a great theme. Unfortunately aqua almost impossible to match in a natural flower. How about ivory pomanders suspended on aqua ribbons. You could add tiny shells, crystals and pearls into your bouquet and these could be in any colour.

Hi Nic

Red is brilliant idea! Stick by your guns and go for a red bouquet. The texture of it will make it stand out against your dress, especially if it's framed by foliages as in your picture - you want Grand Prix roses. You could could add deeper reds such as Black Bacarra or a Burgundy Spray Rose. You are right, keep the statement going in the marquee and make it a strong theme. A red water glass would look amazing.

Dependant on your florist- I would expect to pay anything from £50- £100

Hi CatherineR

Again red is a great colour. Go for a wild look as it always looks fresher. Add herbs and lime green foliages such as Guelda Rose. Peonies may be in season, tulips and ranunculas would be great. You could always add touches of hot pink.

Don't forget to join our wedding photography webchat Tuesday 17 February, 4-6pm!

[Modified by: Web Master on 12 February 2009 10:37:42 ]

[Modified by: Web Master on 12 February 2009 10:50:40 ]