Forum home Archived Live web clinics

Welcome to our weddings abroad month webchat

Hi everyone

Welcome to our honeymoons webchat with Victoria from Holidaysplease.co.uk - she's got loads of experience and has travelled all over the world - so she's got everything you need to know on planning your dream wedding abroad and honeymoon!

If you'd like to ask them a question, simply click "post reply" in this thread and type your question into the box. Their reply will appear in the same thread (but please bear with us if we get busy, your question will be answered as soon as we can!)

Enjoy yourselves

Webmaster.

[Modified by: Web Master on 07 July 2009 17:16:24 ]

• Hi Victoria

I wonder if you can help us. We really wanted to get married abroad as we feel it's more relaxed but I can't ask guests to travel too far, so i wanted Italy. However, this was before the euro became so strong and now I'm worried that an already expensive country will be even more expensive - any tips on how to play it? It was always going to be a long engagement because we just bought a house, so we've got options but I don't want to give up the dream because of money!! Do you know of a good way to get package deals, take advantage of offers etc? Thanks!
  • Hi, there, I know how you feel Italy is an amazing destination but due to the Euro the cost of dining etc have risen. I can arrange a package here to include your flights, accommodation and the wedding package and we have a good connection with the hotels so I would suggest maybe holding your reception within the hotel. It is becoming a very popular choice.We can also contact hotels directly and gain costs for your recpetion. Where did you have in mind in Italy?
  • Hi Vicky

I wanted to ask about late honeymoon deals - can you still get good ones? We're thinking of asking for contributions to our honeymoon rather than having a traditional gift list, but we don't want to start married life in debt, so need to know how much we'll have before we know where we can book!

A couple of years ago I know there were some really good deals if you wanted to go really last minute, and we would be going a couple of days after the wedding, a week at most! But I haven't heard of that many deals recently, because of the recession and I'm worried we won't find anything, and as it's our honeymoon I want it to be a fantastic holiday as well. Is it worth risking leaving it that late?

Thanks

HelsBels
  • Hi there when is the big day? we can still arrange late deals for you and have some fantastic offers for honeymoons. If you would like me to look into your dream holiday for you please take a few moments to fill in my online enquiry form at the link below and I will be more than happy to search for you.

http://www.holidaysplease.co.uk/travel-experts/victoria-stevenson/

• Hi Victoria,

I really like the idea of getting married abroad in a lush setting but I'm really worried that I'll upset those family members who might not have the time or money to join us. Have you got any tips for getting around that? Thanks!
  • vgorevgore Posts: 13
    Hi Victoria,

I'm in the final stages of planning my wedding and it's all getting a bit much emotionally and me and my partner want to just elope now (just the two of us) and just get married abroad, somewhere quiet and pretty. Can you suggest somewhere that doesn't do conveyor belt weddings?

Thanks,

Twinklecupcake
  • Hi Jane, We have a range of wedding destinations to suit all budgets, you don't have to travel far to have an amazing day, A second choice maybe to have your wedding here and then have a blessing abroad, this is also very popular and means that family and friends don't have to miss out if you still want to be abroad for your big day!

If you would like me to look into some options for you please see my website and drop me a link. I will be happy to help.

• Hi twinklecupcake,

Have you ever thought of Mauritius? We have excellent hotels that offer a very personal service and also guarantee only one wedding per day making it a very special experience. We also have a hotel in barbados that also offers one wedding per day and in low season sometimes only one per week! If you would like to look into a few options please contact my website and leave an enquiry and I will be more than happy to help.

• MrsKiraSRMrsKiraSR Posts: 1,424
    Hi Vicky, bit of a last minute question i know!

We'd like to do a 14-16 day trip taking in Singapore for 3-4 days then Langkawi. We've been considering going to penang for 5 days or so as part of it. Do you think thats to much to fit it?

Thanks
  • Hi Kira,

You have a choice of arranging it as a twin or multi centre. Our Twin centre options would include Singapore for 3 nights following by either Bali, Langkawi, Phuket or Penang, these can then be extended. We can also arrange SIngapore with Bangkok and Hua hin or Singapore with Hong Kong and Bangkok. It really depends on how energetic you are! If you would like me to look into options please contact my website link and submit your dates and requirements and I will be happy to look into it for you.

Vicky

• Thanks for all your questions and thank you to Victoria for sharing all her expertise with you all

Hope you all enjoyed yourselves. Don't forget next week's webchat with Tropical Sky for more weddings abroad info

Thanks

Webmaster