Forum home Archived Live web clinics

Welcome to our hen party web chat with GoHen.com!

If only throwing a rip-roaring, party-tastic, roof raising hen party was as easy as A. B. C! It can be, under the direct guidance and schooling of GoHen.com's Lizzie Froud, who joins us for an hour long session of hen party advice on Tuesday 1 February from 1pm.

If you want to know what to do for your budget, where to go depending on your group size or what themes might suit your style, let her teach you the finer points of serious party making.

Hens, get clucking and leave a question for Lizzie here. Be sure to visit her in the chat room on Tuesday 1 February. The lesson will start promptly at 1pm!

Webmaster

• trying to organise a hen do in Wales with a bit of adventure then some partying. Have no idea as im from London. Would love some advice of where and what to do.
  • roubeyroubey Posts: 2
    Hi, I am trying to organise a hen party in London, as most of my friends live in London ( so to cut down on travel cost), however I do not want a tacky dressing up affair, I want it to be elegant, sophisticated, looking more a spa, however I am finding it very expensive. Would you be able to help? Thanks
  • Hiya

Would love some advice about great stuff to do for a hen party my MOH is holding for me at her house. My mum and MIL2B will be there so it'll have to be a teeny bit behaved, but we still want to have loads of fun!!
  • Hi, i am really struggling for ideas for my hendo as i have 4 hendos o attend this ear and my own to organise. I want something a little bit different. But needs to be reasonably priced and appropriate for ages between 25-50 x
  • Hi there,

Welcome to our party-tastic web chat with GoHen.com's Lizzie Froud. Lizzie will be with us for a full hour so be sure to put all your hen party planning questions to the expert!

Enjoy,

Webmaster
  • I am getting married in September and looking to have my hen party in July, where in Europe is best to go in July, looking for sunshine, a real party atmosphere
  • Hi Everyone! Lizzie from Gohen here. I am now online, so any questions or advice needed, drop me a post and I will help you out!
  • Hi Lizzie,

I posted a question just before you came on, its just on top of your last entry
  • Hi, I am trying to organise a hen party in London, as most of my friends live in London ( so to cut down on travel cost), however I do not want a tacky dressing up affair, I want it to be elegant, sophisticated, looking more a spa, however I am finding it very expensive. Would you be able to help? Thanks
  • Quoted:
    trying to organise a hen do in Wales with a bit of adventure then some partying. Have no idea as im from London. Would love some advice of where and what to do.

Hi bonniebloom,

Thanks for your question. If you are heading to Wales I would advise you go to Cardiff. It is a beautiful city, with lots to do and a fantastic nightlife. You will also get great value for money, and being on the M4 is easily accessible from London.

Activity wise you can stay in the centre and do activities such as dancing, or cocktail making which are really good fun. Or if you are looking for something a bit more adventurous maybe try hen day challenge or quad biking. If you have a look at our cardiff web page to see what you like the look of, and then sumit a quote we can get some prices out to you! http://www.gohen.com/hen-weekends/cardiff.asp
  • Quoted:
    Hi, I am trying to organise a hen party in London, as most of my friends live in London ( so to cut down on travel cost), however I do not want a tacky dressing up affair, I want it to be elegant, sophisticated, looking more a spa, however I am finding it very expensive. Would you be able to help? Thanks

Hi Roubey,

Thank you for your post. Yes London can be quite pricey with regards to spa and treatments. However quite a few spas do deals such as entry to the spa with a 30 minute taster treatment such as massage, facial, manicure, pedicure. This is probably the easiest way to keep the costs low opting for a package such as this rather than the girls choosing their own treatments which can work out quite pricey. Otherwise there are plenty of other activities in London which are still sophisticated. Maybe having an afternoon tea with the girls followed by cocktail making lessons or wine tasting. You could also have cocktails whilst do cake decorating! If you have a look at the website and submit an enquiry we can get some quotes out to you to have a look at! http://www.gohen.com/hen-activities/london.asp
  • Quoted:
    Hiya, Would love some advice about great stuff to do for a hen party my MOH is holding for me at her house. My mum and MIL2B will be there so it'll have to be a teeny bit behaved, but we still want to have loads of fun!!

Hi Mrs_Short2b,

Thanks for your post. Holding your hen party at your house, or hired self catering property is a really good idea, and a great way to keep costs low! You can hire caterers to come in, have a cocktail masterclass, wine tasting, dancing activities (depending on the size of the property) or even hen hosts to serve your food or drinks for an hour! If you drop me an email at [email protected] with the location of the property, and amount of girls I can get some options and prices out to you to have a look at!
  • Quoted:
    Hi, i am really struggling for ideas for my hendo as i have 4 hendos o attend this ear and my own to organise. I want something a little bit different. But needs to be reasonably priced and appropriate for ages between 25-50 x

Hi Hayleyr2751,

Thanks for your post. Well it depends where you are thinking of going, as we do offer a variety of activities in different locations. Cocktail making lessons/dancing activities are really good fun and good value for money. However if you are looking for something different from that we do have a lot of makery options! Makery options include lingerie making, jewellery making, cake decorating, life drawing, bath time treats, or fascinator making. These are great fun, and something a little bit different for your hen weekend! If you have a quick look over out website http://www.gohen.com/activities/index.asp and see if anything takes your fancy. If you then email me ([email protected]) with where you are looking to go and your group size I can get some prices out to you to have a look over!
  • Hi Lizzie

I'm getting married at the end of January 2012 in Scotland but I live in the midlands. I'm looking for a hen do weekend where I can combine outdoor activities with pampering and a night out, but I'm conscious that the weather may work against us and we have Christmas parties to contend with. Help! image
  • Quoted:
    I am getting married in September and looking to have my hen party in July, where in Europe is best to go in July, looking for sunshine, a real party atmosphere

Hi Nervousbride2010,

Congratulations on the engagement! If you are looking for sunshine and a good nightlife I would recommend Ibiza, Barcelona, or Lisbon. The main advice I would give when looking abroad is don't forget about flights! I know this may sounds silly but check where these locations are flying from and how much they are coming in at, as this will then determine the budget you have for the location to spend on accommodation, activities, and nightlife. When going abroad if you have not been to the destination before on one of the nights I would suggest you have a guided bar crawl. This will give you guiding for the rest of your stay and you won't be walking around trying to find the best places to go! Your first port of call would be to get some quotes from these locations to see how much the packages are coming in at. Have a look on http://www.gohen.com/hen-weekends/index.asp then check out the flights. This will then give you a good gauge on budget!
  • Quoted:
    I'm getting married at the end of January 2012 in Scotland but I live in the midlands. I'm looking for a hen do weekend where I can combine outdoor activities with pampering and a night out, but I'm conscious that the weather may work against us and we have Christmas parties to contend with. Help!

Hi jhaglington,

Congratulations! Well weather as much as would love to be able to control I can't, and it can pose a problem if you don't want to get soggy wet! We have some great multi activities sites near Oxford where you could do activities such as hovercrafting, clay shooting, or quad biking. We then have a great 4* hotel just outside the centre with spa facilities and Oxford is also a great night out! If you are a bit worried about the weather and just don't fancy getting wet if it rains, it maybe not worth the risk! You could always opt for some great indoor activities such as chocolate making, cocktail making, wine tasting, or dancing activities which are great fun, and held all across the UK. If you want any quotes or have any locations in mind drop me an email ([email protected]) and I can get some prices out to you!
  • Hiya!

Im getting married next year and have friends from Europe, USA as well as the UK coming. I have been looking at options for hen dos to include all of them such as a weekend abroad however everything i look at includes big nights out which i am not into.

Do you have any ideas in which would be accessible for those abroad as well?
  • Hi there,

Thanks to everyone for your lovely questions and to Lizzie for joining us for the chat. Lizzie will just finish answering any remaining questions.

Thanks again!

Webmaster
  • TIPS:

To create that successful hen weekend you need to consider the following points!

1. Generate ideas - have a think about where you would like to go and what you would like to do.

2. Budget- Have a rough idea about what people are prepared and can afford to spend, you don't want everyone turning around at the last minute saying they can't afford to go!

3. Get quotes- get a few different quotes for a few different options, that way you can decide what would make the best hen weekend for you at the best value for money.

4. PLAN- Do not book your hen weekend at the last minute! If you can book as early as possible once you have decided a date and what you want to do! The worst thing is leaving it to the last minute and they realising there is no availability in the hotels, or all the activities are fully booked! You will then have to go back to the drawing board and start again! This will also create added stress, and you may end up with a hen weekend you didn't really want! Remember we don't need your confirmed numbers until 5 weeks before your due to go, so don't worry if you don't have all the confirmed yes's from the girls!!

5. Date- Be aware of bank holidays,sporting events, local events when choosing the date. This can mean busy weeks, minimum of 2 night stays in hotel, and higher rates, so if you are to a tight budget do bare this in mind!

Also remember it is hard to keep all the girls happy so maybe just consult a few people, rather than get everyone involved otherwise you may not make a decision!
  • Quoted:
    Hiya! Im getting married next year and have friends from Europe, USA as well as the UK coming. I have been looking at options for hen dos to include all of them such as a weekend abroad however everything i look at includes big nights out which i am not into.

Do you have any ideas in which would be accessible for those abroad as well?

Hi hmmactaggart,

Thanks for your post. There are quite a few destinations abroad where they don't have massive night lifes. It all depends on when you go really, and you can stay away from the busier areas. Have a look at Prague, Algarve, Rome, and Paris! http://www.gohen.com/hen-weekends/index.asp
  • Right girls, that has come to the end of my web chat with you! I hope I have been of some help! If you do have any questions, or want some quotes then do drop me an email ([email protected]) or have a look at the website for some ideas and prices http://www.gohen.com/.

Thanks Lizzie x