Forum home Archived Live web clinics

Welcome to our wedding lingerie webchat with expert Suzanne Pentland of Eveden

Yes, you can work the wedding dress of your dreams, no 5am gym sessions or nip/tuck bookings necessary - all you need is a little underwear know-how from lingerie guru Suzanne Pentland. Good thing we've got her in the hotseat for our wedding underwear webchat, Tuesday 31 May, 1-2pm then!

Don't be shy: our Eveden expert earned her style-savvy stripes as in-store consultant at the totally lust-worthy Fauve Lingerie, so she's seen behind the curtain (literally) of all body shapes, sizes and needs, from supporting bigger busts to flattening tums and shaping bums.

So whether it's slimming your silhouette for that all-important aisle moment, pulling off your dream first-night style, or just sussing out the perfect fit for your bra, pose your lingerie dilemma to Suzanne below now (or come along and chat live on the day) and swap those body bothers for big-day confidence. Well, there's a reason why they say it's what's underneath that counts...

• Hi Suzanne,

I hope you can help... I'm wearing a strapless sweetheart neckline dress, with a slightly low back for our wedding in Sept. I would like to wear a bra that wont show in the dress with some seamless underwear. I never wear thongs... only french knicker shapes, and would really like a sexy looking set. None of this sloggi type material!

Many thanks,

Georgie
  • I have a similar dilemma, I don't think the back of my dress is particularly low at the back but it is sweetheart and my main fear is that my bra will show at the top over my dress either at the front or at the back, I want a subtle boost so was thinking of wonderbra ultimate strapless lace, but I wont be able to find out if it shows over the top of my dress until my first fitting so do you have any other suggestions I could try out please? Then maybe I could buy several, take them along to my fitting with the tags on, and return the ones that show and keep the one I like best. I am a 34D and quite awkward in that my ribs kind of stick out and I don't have a lot of space between my boobs so it's hard finding under-wired bras that sit well.

Thanks for helping us,

Hazel
  • mrspodmrspod Posts: 219
    Hi, maybe you can help me, i am looking for something to give me a bit off shape, i am a size 22, carrying my weight on my abdomen, i have a strapless dress and am a size 38h bra. Looking for something that doesnt roll down when you sit etc. Thanks for your help
  • YYW WebeditorYYW Webeditor Posts: 393 New bride
    Hi everyone,

Suzanne is now on the boards and ready to answer your questions on all things big-day-lingerie, from fit and support to style and shaping. Get posting your puzzlers now until 2pm!

Happy chatting!

Webmaster
  • vixj83vixj83 Posts: 2
    Awww soontobemrspod I am the exact same as you, I am just dreading not being able to find suitable underwear for the dress I want. Mine will not be strpless but will have little cap sleeves and i just am not sure that i can have a strapped bra with it!

Help!
  • Quoted:
    Hi Suzanne, I hope you can help... I'm wearing a strapless sweetheart neckline dress, with a slightly low back for our wedding in Sept. I would like to wear a bra that wont show in the dress with some seamless underwear. I never wear thongs... only french knicker shapes, and would really like a sexy looking set. None of this sloggi type material! Many thanks, Georgie
    Hi Georgie, your dress sounds gorgeous!I would advise a strapless plunge style. For the low back you can purchase a low back converter, this allows the bra to sit lower on the back. I agree with you on briefs, comfort and what you are used to wearing is best for your big day, good news, you can get some gorgeous shorts, to match bra's. I will be adding links at end of chat to great lingerie stockists. Have an amazing day, and I positive you will look beautiful, Suzanne x
  • Hi there,

I am quite a big cup size and need all the support I can get beneath my dress. What would you recommend I wear. I'm worried you might be able to see the fabric beneath my wedding dress!

Thanks! x
  • BrideybearBrideybear Posts: 657
    Hi Suzanne,

I am wearing Alfred Angelo 1136, which is strapless with a slight sweetheart neckline.

I am currently a 38 DD/ 38E bust (i am attempting to lose weight currently), and really want a good supportive strapless bra. I tried the wonderbra ultimate strapless, but found this gave me 'double-boob', and wasnt particularly comfortable.

I have never worn a strapless bra, so am very concerned that it will not support me, or move lower as the day progresses. Can you recommend anything?
  • Quoted:
    I have a similar dilemma, I don't think the back of my dress is particularly low at the back but it is sweetheart and my main fear is that my bra will show at the top over my dress either at the front or at the back, I want a subtle boost so was thinking of wonderbra ultimate strapless lace, but I wont be able to find out if it shows over the top of my dress until my first fitting so do you have any other suggestions I could try out please? Then maybe I could buy several, take them along to my fitting with the tags on, and return the ones that show and keep the one I like best. I am a 34D and quite awkward in that my ribs kind of stick out and I don't have a lot of space between my boobs so it's hard finding under-wired bras that sit well. Thanks for helping us, Hazel
    Hi Hazel,thanks for your query, I would advise a strapless plunge, however because of the issue you have with your ribs (I have same problem) I would not go for a bra that sits to low on the body, also you will be sitting for reception and comfort is a MUST! I will be adding links at the end of chat for bras to suit your requirments, have a great day, Suzanne x
  • Quoted:
    Hi, maybe you can help me, i am looking for something to give me a bit off shape, i am a size 22, carrying my weight on my abdomen, i have a strapless dress and am a size 38h bra. Looking for something that doesnt roll down when you sit etc. Thanks for your help
    Hi soontobemrspod, hope your are enjoying this exciting time.

There are so many great shape products available today, and they are so well designed there are no problems with rolling, Elomi Lingerie does a fantastic curve shape solution designed for the curvy figure, also a great smooth, strapless bra, slightly low neck line, I will add link at end of chat, thanks Suzanne x
  • Quoted:
    Awww soontobemrspod I am the exact same as you, I am just dreading not being able to find suitable underwear for the dress I want. Mine will not be strpless but will have little cap sleeves and i just am not sure that i can have a strapped bra with it! Help!
    Hi vixj83, you should not be dreading any part of your wedding preparations, if like soontobemrspod you would like shapewear to give you that gorgeous silhoutte, then go for it, so many brides are now going for this option for during the day, and keeping the thong, short, for evening. As for your bra, if you can wear straps, then you will always get extra support, a balcony bra has wide set straps for less coverage, so this may be ideal for you, I will be adding links at end of chat, have a fantastic day! Suzanne x
  • Quoted:
    Hi there, I am quite a big cup size and need all the support I can get beneath my dress. What would you recommend I wear. I'm worried you might be able to see the fabric beneath my wedding dress! Thanks! x
    Hi, hope all your wedding plans are going well. If your dress is quite fine and you have concerns with bra showing, I would recommend a smooth seam free bra, depending on the colour of your dress, nude is always a great colour, I will add link to both strapless and non at end of chat, thanks Suzanne x
  • mrsb2b2708mrsb2b2708 Posts: 36
    Hi Suzanne,

I am very petite (just under five foot without heels) and have a 32-34C bust depending where I shop. I often have trouble with bra straps that won't go short enough even when I adjust them as far as they will go. I really want a good bra that will give me good shape under my cowl neck wedding dress but which also looks nice itself. Any tips where to get one or what shape would work best?

Thanks! image
  • Quoted:
    Hi Suzanne, I am wearing Alfred Angelo 1136, which is strapless with a slight sweetheart neckline. I am currently a 38 DD/ 38E bust (i am attempting to lose weight currently), and really want a good supportive strapless bra. I tried the wonderbra ultimate strapless, but found this gave me 'double-boob', and wasnt particularly comfortable. I have never worn a strapless bra, so am very concerned that it will not support me, or move lower as the day progresses. Can you recommend anything?
    Hi, there are some fantastic strapless bras out there, but as you have experienced one shape does not suit all. You would need a plunge strapless, but more coverage then the one you have already tried. When you do go along to purchase your lingerie, I would mention that you are hoping to lose weight, as your bra will need to fit quite snug, rather then a little loose on back, I will add links to suitable ranges at end of chat, have fun Suzanne x
  • Quoted:
    Hi Suzanne, I am very petite (just under five foot without heels) and have a 32-34C bust depending where I shop. I often have trouble with bra straps that won't go short enough even when I adjust them as far as they will go. I really want a good bra that will give me good shape under my cowl neck wedding dress but which also looks nice itself. Any tips where to get one or what shape would work best? Thanks!
    Hi, snap I am also petite. Like me you will need a bra that has fully adjustable straps, I would also recommend a bra fit, as often we tend to wear bras that are to big in the back and too small in the cup, I though I was a 34D, to be then correctly fitted into a 30F, quite a jump, but well worth it, now I have no issues with straps, or bra movement throughout the day, definately worth it. Leia stores, Debenhams, John Lewis or House of Frasers are have expert bra fitters in stores. Thanks Suzanne x
  • Hi Suzanne, I am wearing a really slinky dress and I don't know what to wear with it!! It's a bit Pippa from the waist down, bias-cut, but I have a little pot stomach (not much - but I don't want people to see!) so i was looking for some Spanx or something. But I am worried that everything will cut in and give me VPL on the bum! Any ideas?? Thanks
  • Quoted:
    Hi Suzanne, I am wearing a really slinky dress and I don't know what to wear with it!! It's a bit Pippa from the waist down, bias-cut, but I have a little pot stomach (not much - but I don't want people to see!) so i was looking for some Spanx or something. But I am worried that everything will cut in and give me VPL on the bum! Any ideas?? Thanks
    Hi Sarah, dress sounds fabulous, I would advise shapewear to give you that smooth line over tummy area, if you do need any support at the rear, I would look at some VPL short or thong, these are avilable with a tummy panel only, if you try Leia, house of Fraser, John Lewis or debenhams these all stock a vast supply of shapewear, have an amazing day, thanks Suzanne x
  • Hi Gorgeous Bride 2 B's,

I have listed below links to lingerie for your big day.

Strapless Plunge

http://www.leialingerie.com/fauve/strapless/fv0162.aspx?colour=Ivory

Gorgeous soft shorts

http://www.leialingerie.com/bridal_wear.aspx

Fabulous chemise

http://www.fauve.co.uk/

Elomi curve shapewear

http://www.elomilingerie.com/lingerie/elomi-curve/aw11/shaper_brief.aspx?colour=black

Smooth seam free strapless

http://www.elomilingerie.com/lingerie/best_sellers/smoothing/underwired_foam_moulded_strapless_bra.aspx?colour=nude

Lingerie & Swimwear for fantastic honeymoon

http://www.fantasie.com/

http://www.freyalingerie.com/

Thanks and have a fantastic day!

Suzanne x
  • YYW WebeditorYYW Webeditor Posts: 393 New bride
    Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for your enthusiastic questions, and to Suzanne for her in-the-know answers! She is now off the boards, but we'll keep this thread online right here so you can stock up on those big-day lingerie tips whenever you need them!

Have a lovely day!

Webmaster