MOB outfits for larger ladies

My mum is stressing out, i'm getting married on 7th July and she can't find anything that fts her and looks a bit different. Does anyone know of any shops that stock "nice" outfits in a size 20+ She's desparate!

• CarolineCukCarolineCuk Posts: 85
    Where abouts are u based Suki?
  • cvhillycvhilly Posts: 2
    Hi there, try Anne Harvey, nice things for larger ladies there, suitable for weddings. tc
  • Based in Kingston, Surrey.
  • CarolineCukCarolineCuk Posts: 85
    Ahh, I kowna couple of independent boutiques that stock larger sizes but they're oop north so probably a bit far for you., sorry.

Hope your mum finds something she loves,

Caroline xxx
  • clarissa20ukclarissa20uk Posts: 268
    Hi suki we r getting married the week after you and my mum is having the exact same problem, everything she loves just doesnt look right. Im sure we'll find something fabulous for our mums...
  • MOTBzillaMOTBzilla Posts: 127
    Don't know what your budget is, but Jacques Vert have some nice outfits up to size 22. I got mine a few years ago in Debenhams, but other department stores stock them as well. Best of luck!
  • Caroline C, I would really appreciate you telling me which ones up north do larger sizes. We are based around Sheffield area.
  • Caroline C, I would really appreciate you telling me which ones up north do larger sizes. We are based around Sheffield area.
  • hi,

My mum has just bought a beautiful outfit from House of Fraser the "Chesca" range, it is for ladies from sizes 14 to 26 and seem very generous sizes as she was so happy that she bought a 14 when she is a bigger size in all other shops! It is green and pink and "floaty" in style. they had quiet a few outfits to chose from. Good luck!
  • **UPDATE**

Just to let you all know, mum managed to find a lovely chartreuse colour dress in a size 20 in Monsoon. Some of their dresses go up to a size 22 now.

She looks so lovely and is very happy now!

Just looking for accessories now, but that's not such a major problem.

Thanks for all of you advise and good luck with your quest.