MOB shops and snotty assistants!

Been shopping with Mum today - she bought a dress a couple of weeks ago but is unsure now so we went out again.

Went to Occasions in Nuneaton, Warks where I was told off by the assistant for touching the dresses!!!!!!! I know they are expensive but i'm not a child. I was looking through the racks whilst mum was trying on in case there was something else she might like.

We didn't buy anything.

Very pricey and very snotty assistants!

• ANDI81ANDI81 Posts: 134
    I hate snotty sales staff! Sorry if I upset anyone but they only work in a shop; they're supposed to provide a service! Did your mum find anything new?x
  • Col21ukCol21uk Posts: 264
    i 'only' work in a shop and hate customers who talk to you like you're dirt and beneath them. I don't advocate crap service, but hate customers with a bad attitude!

• Col21ukCol21uk Posts: 264
    i 'only' work in a shop and hate customers who talk to you like you're dirt and beneath them. I don't advocate crap service, but hate customers with a bad attitude!

• ANDI81ANDI81 Posts: 134
    Sorry Col21! I meant 'only' as in they don't own the products and can't understand why they act like they are so much better than you when they are there to help. I wasn't taking about all sales staff-just the snotty, crap ones!x
  • I wasn't having a go at sales assistants in general - only those in this shop!!!!! At other shops we have tried they have been lovely - just made this experience even worse. I don't think there is any need for making a customer feel like they have no right to be looking at the clothes!
  • elf81elf81 Posts: 414
    i work in a shop but ive learnt if you are nice to the customer they are nice back. ive learnt even if thecustomer is a bit snotty or nasty if you just smile and ay something nice most will smile back eventually. i know what you mean about snotty assistants ive met a few in the past even one in a wedding dress shop who wouldnt even let me look at the dresses but insisted in showing me what she thought i should wear, even at one point pushing me way from the dresses. If an assistant is like that i just walk away. x