Forum home Mother of the Bride

Want To Do Something Exta Special for MOB HELP!!

Hi,

My mum has been amazing throughout everything, always going that extra mile just becasue she wanted to. She made me feel special every step of the way. We have been through a tough time as a family over the last couple of years and i feel she really deserves something special.

Does anybody have anything they are thinking about, or have tried?

Thanks

xxx

• PixenPixen Posts: 607
    What about the 2 of you having a pamper day at a lovely spa somewhere nice? They're really nice presentsimage
  • Hi - how about a photobook. You can create them soo easily these days. Bob books or jessops are great. You could make her two - one of all your growing up pictures, pictures of you and her, your siblings, special holidays and moments.

Then - in the back/another book - make her a Mother of the bride book. Add in pictures of the planning, first trying on wedding dresses etc together, pictures of the day and little poems written over the top of how much she means to you etc.

The only thing my mum wanted was a good picture of all of her children together (there are 6 of us) so we made sure this was on the wedding photographers list! Hope this helps. Good luck for the wedding!!

Sharon
  • helz83helz83 Posts: 159
    What a lovely thought, I have a supermum too! Maybe make her a photo calendar as she can have that up for the next year and enjoy it!

The pamper day is also a lovely idea, or maybe book a trip to london to see a musical. xx
  • shelleyf30shelleyf30 Posts: 3,971
    Im the same but for my MIL, how much are you looking to spend?
  • MrsJKMrsJK Posts: 463
    I think the Photobook is really lovely too. My mum isnt around and my lovely MIL has been amazing but I'm at a loss too.

• I have got my mum an embroidered handkerchief in the wedding colours (ivory handkerchief and gold stitching reading "Mum, to dry your tears as you have always dried mine, 11/12/10) also got my mum and dad a "my beautiful parents" journal from Oh So Cherished which I would warn fellow brides to avoid like the plague - I'm never one to complain but they have been nothing but agro and disgusting customer service from the start not to mention their total lack of being able to proof read a document (but in their eyes it's only £20 so what am I complaining about as apparently I'm the only bride who spells the word precious this way and not the way they spell it - presious!! But that's another topic (which I will report on) for another day! xxxx Lots of love to my fellow beautiful brides xxx
  • Hazel85Hazel85 Posts: 374
    Where did you get your handkerchief from? That's a lovely idea!

• zoe1mzoe1m Posts: 216
    i bought a 'My Beautiful Mum' journal from Oh So Cherished but never got the time to put it together (because oh so cherished were a bit rubbush and they were supposed to come in in March and didn't and my wedding was 1st May so I ran out of time to put it together) Anyway it is in perfect condition and is a really lovely gift, but I feel it is a bit late to give to her now and will probably do a photobook instead. image
  • MiaLeaceyMiaLeacey Posts: 1,184
    We've ordered hand painted wine glasses from ebay which are really cool. I can send you more details if you are interested. We liked them so much we got them for the ushers too!