wonderful mum

i just wanted to share with everyone what a fantastic mum ive got.

i got married last saturday and my mum and i did all the food. on the day we had our recpetion at home

and my dad did the drink and my mum wouldnt let me near the cooker or sink all day.

they helped make our day extra special.

this is my 2nd marriage and my parents are in their 70's but nothing would stop them from helping.:\)

• ana_leighukana_leighuk Posts: 474
    thats lovely-i bet they loved every minute of it!
  • bellelouisebellelouise Posts: 896
    yeh they did and we all had few tears when i did my speech
  • sirsuksirsuk Posts: 2,479
    Mums eh !!

Where would we be without them ?!?!?!
  • zepherukzepheruk Posts: 436
    Hi i just want to add that my mum and dad have been great too, its my second marriage and im having a big one and they just cant help enough, they are both 60 and keep chucking big chunks of money at us which ive hated taking but i know they have it or they wouldnt give it, but i dont like taking it as i feel guilty as they have been really good with their money and im the opposite x i just dont know how to thank them properly really, but im really proud of them as they have been so excited for us and we are making sure its their day as much as ours x
  • bellelouisebellelouise Posts: 896
    my parents have helped me loads to zepher especailly after i left ex with just the kids, clothes and single bed between 3 of us. my dad said it gave them pleasure being able to help and if i had it now there wouldnt be any when they gone. i wanted to repay them but just did not have the funds but i did manage a token gesture which made me feel better and i know they appreciated it. my hubby didnt do a speech but i did and i said a bit about my kids and how proud i am of what they have acheived even tho they have been through so much. but i also made a big public thank you to my parents and the toast was to them. there was quite a few tears bless

hope u have a wonderful day and your parents will enjoy themselves as much as mine did.