Guns n Roses November Rain song

Did anyone have this record to walk down the isle to?

• jacquelienejacqueliene Posts: 6,350
    its really about a doomed relationship so the words are not the most appropriate
  • This is one of my favourite GnR songs, truely fantastic, however, I agree with mrs scho 2b it is about the loss of love and not about the wonderfulness of starting your new lives together. I too tried to acompany rock music into my day, however only managed sweet child o mine, don't stop me now (queen) and living on a prayer (bon jovi) when everyone was well and truely wasted at the end of the night, it went down an absolute storm though and everyone got up to rock it out.....lol There are some lovely rock balads out there which might be more appropriate. Sorry to ramble on....
  • kj020880kj020880 Posts: 526
    u may find the vicar wont let u play it with it being about a doomed relationship, our vicar has told us he wont allow songs like that
  • DustyMothDustyMoth Posts: 1,528
    I have to disagree - I don't think it's about a doomed relationship at all!

"So never mind the darkness

We still can find a way

'Cause nothin' lasts forever

Even cold November rain"

If you don't necessarily fancy the full Guns and Roses version have you heard The String Quartet's cover? Might appease the more tradional side of things - but only if you want to - if you want it - go for it!

• BamalooBamaloo Posts: 1,048
    I sooooooooooo wanted the instrumental version of this song too but H2B doesn't want it, I've placated him by having For the Love of A Princess the theme from Braveheart! I would have loved November rain tho!

Marriage all about compromise isn't it!!
  • Nat_n_WillNat_n_Will Posts: 125
    Sorry but have you seen the video?! The bride dies! How much more doomed can you get?!image

It is a great track though! I'm a huge fan of rock music - proper 80's stuff. I was brought up on it & sweet child 'o mine is my Dad's favourite - wonder why?! x

We're having don't want to miss a thing by Aerosmith

• bushbaby1982bushbaby1982 Posts: 339
    We had an instrumental of November Rain during signing of the register
  • JvLwithBabyBoyJvLwithBabyBoy Posts: 2,740 New bride
    loooove the song! but also dont think its quite fitting for a wedding. weve been looking for ages for a good rock love song to play on accoustic plus violins but its really hard.

bon jovi does a good version of born to be my baby on accoustic, but i do prefer guns n roses actually.

let me know if somebody has a good suggestion.

xx
  • taichibagmtaichibagm Posts: 1 New bride
    My idea is 

Guns & R Nov Rain

My favourite too

My idea is to show not only Very this song but video displaying on screen

That video awesome so

Btw

doomed  means something ominous unhappiness related

So
    What's the point

Point is