Why do I feel so negatively about my wedding day? ;'o(

• froogiesfroogies Posts: 402
    Thanks for sharing - what great photos! You look beautiful! I know where you're coming from - the day felt more surreal than exciting for me!
  • mrshelen74mrshelen74 Posts: 9,282
    froogies please share some of your pictures please
    OK I will do. It may not be until tonight - I'm at work and can't spend too long on the internet doing my won thing, hehe!!
    make sure you do, i NEEED to see pictures

OK helen74!! If you like I'll send you an email when they're on!!
    that would be great hun
  • randomerrandomer Posts: 183
    It seems to me that it all comes down to expectations - of what our wedding day should feel like and of how others should behave. Us girls are brought up being told that our wedding day is the mist important/special/happiest day of our lives and maybe when it comes it turns out to be just another day only with a lot if extra stress and things that could go wrong.

I din't get married until next June but I had high expectations of my engagement being a really special time and my family being thrilled and supportive and excited. We've had all sorts of family problems over the years but I stupidly thought this would give us something to be happy about as a family. As it turns out my family have been negative, critical and generally uninterested. I have really struggled to let go of how my mum and one of my sisters in particular have been and it has really affected me. I'm getting over it now though as I just have to accept that they are the way they are and it was my expectations that were at fault.

Hopefully they've done me a favour as I'm now so anxious about how everone will be on the day that my expectations aren't that high!

I appreciate all your stories as I'm now really going to try to keep my expectations of the day at a realistic level.

xx
  • randomerrandomer Posts: 183
    I just wanted to add that my post makes me sound quite negative about my wedding. I am excited about it but I'm focussing on the most important things -getting married to the man i love and celebrating with the really great friends we have. x
    Soon2be-MrsT - thank you for your reply. I am glad that I can help someone with what I have said, in that you will make sure you don't have high expectations. If only I could turn back the clock, hehe! Thing is I didn't expect it all to be perfect because nothing ever is, and just thought anything that didn't go according to plan would make the day more unique, so I don't really understand why I'm feeling this way!

No your comment doesn't make you sound negative - and you definitely have the right attitude! Hope you have a lovely day xx
  • cpluspluscplusplus Posts: 1,448
    helloooooooooooooooo

My wedding was as good as I could have got it with the time and money and effort myself and my family put it. I think everyone enjoyed themselves, but that was what myself and my husband was worried about, for the entire day, whether everyone was enjoying themselves, and comfortable, hence me not really knowing about the day myself!

BUT

my marriage WAS perfect

AND

if the day after your wedding day is better than your wedding day.....how can that be wrong!!!!!!!!!!!

think about itimage

xxxxxx

HUGS
    Thanks, cplusplus!
  • I'm so glad i'm not the only one that feels that this.

- first of all i put my under skirt on back to front, it was a big net one my mum made for me and had an opening all the way down and with it being at the front i kept catching my shoes on it all day and night, i ended up ripping a big hole in it. I coouldn't turn it round as it would have meant undoing my dress and that would have been a nightmare.

- we couldn't afford a photographer so we got my husbands uncle to take them as he has taken some lovely ones in the past, i was stressing that much on the day trying to make sure everything is done i didn't get all the pictures i wanted.

- i didn't have a loop put on the train as i couldn't afford the price of the alteration, which meant i was picking my dress up all night, which was a pain.

- we didn't have anyone take a video again as we couldn't afford it, i really regret not just asking someone at the wedding to take one just so we had something to look back on, as the day went so fast i couldn't really remember some of it.

I know this might sound silly to some ppl but i intended on only doing this once and wanted it to be just the way we wanted it. I am so wishing i can find someone that took a video but no luck yet x x x
    Hi Kevs-angel, I'm sorry for the way you feel. I knwo what you mean about the video; we were lucky because at the last minute my dad said my uncle would use my dad's video camera. But I wish my dad would hurry up with putting it onto DVD because I really need to be reminded of how nice the ceremony was to make me feel less bad about the rest of the day.

and yes, we only intend on doing it once which is why it is probably such a big deal for us - a once in a lifetime experience. And when you spend two years planning it and see certain aspects go wrong in an instant, it hurts, and sometimes you get angry at yourself because you think, ;if only I'd thought of that /planned that better'!!
    oh dear the other ones from facebook didn't work! Ok will try again, give me some time and I'll have some more up!!
    OK, let's try again! The picture file sizes are so big that I have trouble uploading all of them to Photobox, so I can't include all of my favourite ones! But here are some more photos taken by the photographer:

Hmmm....can I only post two pics per reply?!

ooh the facebook ones are working now, obviously only two at a time then! Might be here for a while!

• Froogies, they're absolutely gorgeous. I did see in your other post that you had problems with your venue but it looked lovely in the photos. Beautiful flowers and dress too.

xx

Hmmm....think I got a bit carried away with how many I put on, sorry!!!
    Thank you, Isabellawella! The flowers were lovely. The dress wasn't what I originally had in mind, I wanted somthing more subtle, but was glad in the end that I went for a traditional one with a train, as I'll never get to wear anything like that again! I do think the photographer did a good job!