Forum home Newlyweds

my wedding 20th april !!!

lozzyuk1lozzyuk1 Posts: 1,910
well we got up at 6 - mum had been up since 5 making mini bacon rolls,bucks fizz & croissants - and me and mum headed off to the hairdressers for our 7am appt.the older bridemaids had stayed over and the mobile hairdresser was coming out to start them at 7.

the make up girl arrived half an hour later so by the time we got home everyone was wandering in and out in the sunshine and getting ready.the photographer had arrived and was taking pics of my shoes etc.it was so relaxing and just a beautiful sunny day.the flowers arrived next and the 2 litte flower girls.then the video man came and my grandad !!

we had put a huge time scale of events up on the wall and were actually on time with everything.it was quite surreal really.then we heard the horse and carriage clip clop up the drive - they looked perfect as we are currently living in the grounds of stourton castle - in a converted stable !! everything was happening on time but it was so weird to be actually getting ready !!! and seeing everything come together.

to cut a very very long story short the 2 cars arrived for mum and the bridesmaids,took us with the carriage round the drive to save us walking in high heels on the cobbled courtyard and one of the cars promptly broke down and wouldn`t start! we had arranged for pics to be taken outside the castle and gardens ( a tip we`d seen in a mag that at this point you and bm`s will look their best and you are not delaying anything or boring anyone with photos so we were having pics done then mum and the 2 little ones had to go with matron of honour early so the driver could dash back for the other bm`s.i was unaware of all this at the time,just thought it strange mum going as she`d wanted to see me off.everything else with the cars proved such a complete disater that court proceedings have been threatened so can`t go in to detail !!!!!!!!!!

anyway.mum arrived as the guests were arriving - but it ended up nice cos she got to chat to lots of family & friends.when i arrived h2b had arranged a long time ago that he would come out to see me rather than wait til i was coming up the aisle as he wanted to see me before everyone else,and help me out the carriage.when i arrived mum said he came to look but had to turn away and couldn`t come out for a min as he was overcome with emotion !!

he came out and we had some pics then he went to his place to wait for us all to come down to the music.the talk we had was given by h2b`s grandad and he married us so it was really special.the ceremony started at 11.30

we exchanged the platinum and diamond wedding rings we won in the yayw competition !!

a few yards from the hall where the ceremony was there is a glass shop and tea rooms and mum had arranged for some people who couldn`t make it to the wedding - various reasons incl illness - to go there for tea andcakes.everyone left but bec of palava with cars me hubby and bm`s had to wait half an hour. the horse and carriage people were fantastic - they let me and hubby sit in it til the cars came.

when we got to the hotel in tewkesbury it was lovely to see everyone mingling.we had arranged bucks fizz or mini bottles of beer with canapes.they were fantastic - very yummy.our on the day co ordinator,emma,met us and she was the best money spent on the wedding.

while we were having private pics of the 2 of us she took mum to see the marquee cos mum had planned it all with me - to check it was ok.mum had been beaming none stop but it took her breath away and she started crying.

we had family photos and it was so nice because the weather was beautiful so people were wandering outside to watch the photos while having their drinks and canapes.it was all very relaxed and after everyone said it was nice because there was no gap or waiting around bored.

then me,hubby,his parents and mine all got to look in the marquee before anyone was allowed in - it was stunning.mum had arranged a surprise mini version of my cake and cake toppers that looked like us ( for weeks i was worried i wouldn`t get to take any cake home and now i had my own 4 tier version of the 5 tier one)

me and hubby went out for a few mins while everyone made their way inside then we were announced in as the new mr & mrs!!

everyone loved the tables and decorations.emma was running round like a headless chicken - she really was amazing - she did things just as we were thinking them

we had a hot buffet of turkey parcels,savoury tarts,salmon and chicken with potatoes,salads and breads.they had put 2 buffet stations on so everyone got food quickly but top table were served.we had pink champagne and pink lemonade for the kids.

pudding was 3 chocolate fountains - white dark and milk - with shortbread,fruits,doughnuts , marshmallows etc - that went down really well

then we had coffee and chocs then it was time for the speeches.hubby and my brother are best friends and my brother was best man.hubby`s dad did a speech first then my dad - he mentioned that he had had a good mil (nan died when she was 48) andthat my mum was just like her mum so hubby would have a good mil - tears !! then he surprised me bec he got out a bangle he bought me the day i was born - it was tiny !! - and he said about me being precious and tiny the day i was born - tears !! then he said it was bought at the start of my life but at the start of my new life he had bought me a new bangle and he gave me a silver bangle with diamonds on it !!! then he said that with a wedding there is a lot of time effort and yes expense but today the most precious thing he has he gave away - more tears !!then he spoke about how ill i`ve been over the past few years and how hubby has been with me from when we were children

then best mans speech - hubby was always scared of action men so he was given a barbie doll,also a certificate from man utd signed by alex ferguson.then each table was given an envelope with funny pics of hubby in !!finally hubby gave his speech and gave out gifs etc and then said how he felt when he first saw me that morning and how happy he was and he promised to look after me

then when speeches had finished lots of people chatted or checked in to their rooms as 70 of the 140 people were staying over.the face painter arrived during coffee so she was set up and ready at this point,and lots of the children had fantastic faces.i cannot praise her enough.then the adults had stuff done like glittery tattoos and i had "just married" across my back in sparkly writing !! it really filled the gap before the evening began

we were all called in to the room for the evening - again the room looked fantastic,and there was dancing til 1am - we had a pig roast at 9.30 and then the wedding cake - different flavours of sponge.me and hubby went up at 12 and emma had left pink smarties in a heart shape with petals on the bed!! apparently mum sat up til 2.30am with the teenagers lol !!! we had breakfast really late the next day and stayed at home for a couple of days while everyone enjoyed the rest of the week end.they had a party on the sat night and afternoon tea of leftover cake !! los of people decide to stay an extra night as it was so lovely.

so that`s it !!!!!!!!!!!!

apart from the cars it was everything i had dreamed of and now it`s over i want to do it again !!!!

it was PERFECT and so starnge to see evrything altogether - like i`d had make up trial,hair trial,bought dress etc but not had it all on together,and to see the bridesmaids next me me how everything co ordinated,it was amazing.

advice ? mum said to me don`t think ahead to what you know is due to happen next,treasure each moment as it is happening and the memories will last longer.

xxxxxxxxxx

[Modified by: lozzy on 28 April 2007 00:33:38 ]

• emdtemdt Posts: 612
    wow honey, that sounds completely amazing!! you bit about all the speeches had me completely choked up!!!

glad you had such an amazing time!

xxxx
  • ravenukravenuk Posts: 124
    Yippee - congratulations Lozzy! Show us some pictures!

• lozzyuk1lozzyuk1 Posts: 1,910
    i have no idea how to do pics - i have some on computer that my grandad took,only way i`ve shown them so far is by posting a link to my wedding dress listing on ebay lol ! under fashion topic !!!!!!!!!
  • fairylitefairylite Posts: 28
    Congratulations!!!

Speeches bit brought a tear to my eye aswell!!

Glad you had a fantastic day, may you both live happily ever after.................x
    thanks everyone - i`m not promoting my ebay selling,just puttng the link so you can see the dress and horses !!!!!!!!!! don`t know any other way to show pics xxxxxxxx

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=019&sspagename=STRK:MESE:IT&viewitem=&item=290108451834&rd=1&rd=1

• deecydeecy Posts: 7,493
    that is one fantastic dress - looks amazing!
    Quoted:
    that is one fantastic dress - looks amazing!

thank you

it felt amazing !!!image
  • Quoted:
    advice ? mum said to me don`t think ahead to what you know is due to happen next,treasure each moment as it is happening and the memories will last longer.

Congratulations Lozzy -- your day sounds amazing and what a stunning dress.

Thanks for passing on your mum's advice as well -- I think that is so true, I will definitely try to put it into place myself although I'm sure it's easier said than done!

• wow. i loved reading about your day, its sounded fab!, congratulations x
  • beckyh0208beckyh0208 Posts: 267
    WOW!

your dress is gorgeous, you look amazing.

wud love to see some pics.......

b.x
    the only ones i have are in the link to ebay a few posts above this one

xx
  • kel2912kel2912 Posts: 575
    your day sounded fabulous Lozzy. i am sat here in tears reading all about it xxx
  • rmacukrmacuk Posts: 663
    sounds perfect - congratulations!
  • hotprincessukhotprincessuk Posts: 2,520
    Wow!! you looked fabulous!!!! i was reading the part about the speeches through tears! you sound like you had a wonderful day xx good luck xxxx
    thanks !!! have just had a photo disc and seen a pic of the marquee - it made me go cold lol !!! and lots of other pics too,can` wait for the official ones !!!
  • Hi Lozzy,

How totally beautiful you look in your dress - it looks and sounds like a true fairytale wedding - and your family sound so loving and special. Congratulations and good luck in your married life!

Love Eden xx
  • blondiecocoukblondiecocouk Posts: 4,619
    OMG i think i might read all of that again, if h2b wasnt here id be crying, but he thinks im silly when i cry about other weddings!

you looked stunning, congrats!!!xox
    aw thankx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • macabeymacabey Posts: 2,884
    OMG your day says out of this world, you made me cry. Your dress is amazing, and I wish you all the best in your married life.
  • nataliedcrnataliedcr Posts: 1,759
    wow your day sounded amazing. your story made me cry! can't wait for mine. x
  • well you have reduced us all to tears! i had a little cry when tou said about your hubby getting choked and reading through the speech part, i am lucky west ham won 3-0 so h2b is inhebriated and passed out on the sofa next to me so i can cry without having the mickey taken out of me. Clair x x x
  • sallysimpson1sallysimpson1 Posts: 1,491
    oh fighting back the tears with the speeches, I am so glad you had a fabulous day.xx
    i think there was so many bits that were emotional in the speeches so i`m glad we`ve had a video done so can`t wait to get it back and then i`ll remember more of it.most touching was when dad was talking to hubby bout my nan (mum`s mum) being a good mil to him and i saw grandad fill up cos he didn`t know dad would mention her.she died really suddenly when she was 48,about 12 years ago.it was so sad that she couldn`t be there especially after all the hassle of my other nan not coming (dad`s mum see my rant in emotional support lol)

grandad is 59 now so still young really !! my mum was biting her lip alot at that bit.

also when dad got all emotional about me being born and gave me the bracelet.i found out later he had written main points for his speech,not all the detail,but cos he was emotional he missed all the middle bit out !

after the reception i gave my bouquet to grandad to take to nan`s grave.

ok i`m crying now !!!!
  • macabeymacabey Posts: 2,884
    Me too!!!! sniff sniff.
  • Claire07ukClaire07uk Posts: 3,482
    Aaah congratulations lozzy it sounds wonderful! I had a wee tear in my eye reading about your dad's speech! Enjoy married life xxx
  • shunafroodshunafrood Posts: 252
    Hello Lozzy,

Glad to hear that you had a wonderful day and that the hiccup with the cars didn't upset you too much.

XX
    i wasn`t even aware of what was happening with the cars !! now i`ve heard what happened i can`t believe it ! glad i didn`t know anything lol !!

• wow your dress is gorgeous , you looked amazing in it.sounds liek you had a wonderful day.and yes the speech bit made me cry too lol enjoy married life xx
    aw thank you xx
  • geebz16geebz16 Posts: 17
    lozzy do you mind if i ask who you used for your choc fountain? i'm lookin for 1 in the west mids

thanks

xxx