Any newlyweds have a sweet/candy bar?

As the title says really! Has anyone got any pictures they can share?

How did it go down with your guests?

How many guests did you have?

Were people greedy?

How much did it cost you to do?

I think i've convinced H2b this is something we SHOULD be doing! Just wanted to hear from some people who've got experience!

Thanks xx

(Also posted in marrieds/general chat)

• Hi,

We had a sweetie table. It went down SO well, the guest loved it and there was nothing left at the end of the night! Because we only served bacon sandwiches at night the sweets were a lovely accompaniment. It cost us £60 all in including jars, bags etc and it was worth every penny.

If you click on my wedding thread there is a pic of ours near the bottom of the page:

http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/chatroom/topic/275862

xxx

[Modified by: Bacall on January 27, 2010 11:57 AM]

• Thats great thank you so much, i'm really excited about doing one but very concerned about using glass jars etc, where did you get yours from?x
  • Got them from Asda only £1 each! No probs with the glass -as long as the table is kept away from the dance floor ! We used big glass vases too and had no problems x
  • Mrs_M_85Mrs_M_85 Posts: 170
    I also had a sweet table and it went down a storm. We originally planned it to keep the kids happy but the kids couldn't get near the table for adults! Although from what I heard people got plenty of sweets! We had 120 people in the evening and the whole thing cost us about £60 and we were left with some sweets at the end. We're still chewing through the left over love hearts now - 4 months down the line!

We had glass cookie jars which I got in Tesco for a pound each (down the kitchen bits aisle!). We bought all the sweets from the local wholesale warehouse so they were a resonable price.

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of my sweet table which is a shame as it looked beautiful.
  • Hi

We had one too and it went down brilliantly.

As said before the adults loved it even more than the kids!!

I think we spent about £100 in the end with about 20 jars/ bowls and 20 different types of sweets tongs, scoops and bags.

I got my jars and bowls from ikea, TK Max and a cheapy shop i have near me. Sweets i got from cost co & alto of the supermarkets own brands which were on multibuy!

Helen

• GlitterBug09GlitterBug09 Posts: 2,894
    I spent about £50 on my sweetie table and it was well worth it. Although people were greedy - it was gone after about half an hour!! People took far more than they needed. However im still glad we did it, just wish id bought smaller bags!!

• Quoted:
    I spent about £50 on my sweetie table and it was well worth it. Although people were greedy - it was gone after about half an hour!! People took far more than they needed. However im still glad we did it, just wish id bought smaller bags!!

[/quote

hi glitter bug! im thinking of doing a sweetie tbl 4 my wedding in june. where did you buy your sweets from and do u mind me asking how much the sweets and jars cost. please!
  • KouklaMooKouklaMoo Posts: 700
    Here's an old thread that has some good pics on it if you scroll down a bit . We had a candy bar and it was a total success, and great fun organising too!!

x x

http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/chatroom/topic/148184?startnum=1