Married folk - your tips?

Hello I get married in 36 days and was wondering if you newly married folk had any tips for the countdown and big day? My married sister has said the most important thing is to get loads of rest in the week before the wedding as no amount of make-up can stop you looking tired on the day! Oh and she also said not to drink any booze for at least a week before the wedding for the same reason (oh dear). Any advice?

Many thanks

Nina x

• well hun, I think I broke all the rules! I didn't get much sleep and I woke up with a hangover on my wedding day! My advice is to try and keep everything in perspective- don't sweat the small stuff! I was very organised but nothing could have prepared me for the snow- people stranded and my mum in A&E the night before the wedding! Just let things happen - even things you think are really going wrong at the time you will look back on with fondness!!!! xxx
  • Quoted:
    well hun, I think I broke all the rules! I didn't get much sleep and I woke up with a hangover on my wedding day! My advice is to try and keep everything in perspective- don't sweat the small stuff! I was very organised but nothing could have prepared me for the snow- people stranded and my mum in A&E the night before the wedding! Just let things happen - even things you think are really going wrong at the time you will look back on with fondness!!!! xxx

I know what you mean, some of my most memorable holidays are ones where things went a bit wrong! It sounds like you had a brilliant day despite the set-backs. Thanks for sharing xx
  • just relax and enjoy. no matter what happens, you will have an amazing day. honestly. i got a tonsil infection the day before our wedding and i didnt feel a thing on the day. the week after was bad though lol image

and delegate things in advance. like if you need to bring documents to the ceremony, make sure somebody else is responsible. that way you and your h2b can really enjoy the day without having to worry about little things.

xx
  • EVukEVuk Posts: 148
    My advice would be delegate, let everyone else take the strain and you just enjoy it. Take it all in, don't miss anything and spend some alone time with your husband :\)
  • akjhenryakjhenry Posts: 180
    On the day everything always seems to turn out as it should and you're too excited to notice the silly things anyway...The only thing I would say is that you're so distracted you tend to forget things so its a good idea to make a list of things you definitely don't want to forget! For example there was loads of photos that I wanted to get but I totally forgot to give the photographer a list and on the day I didn't even notice! I also totally forgot to put on my garter! No big deal but it was my something blue! Anyway good luck with your big day, getting so close!!

[Modified by: malta09bride on January 28, 2010 02:28 PM]

• GlitterBug09GlitterBug09 Posts: 2,894
    In my experience - the week before will be fraught, things may go wrong. You must however stay calm. Because on the day none of it will matter, honestly when you get to the end of that aisle about to walk down, and all you can see is his face beaming back at you, nothing else will matter!! Make a promise to yourself that you will enjoy it no matter what xxx