Forum home Newlyweds

Our wedding at Clearwell Castle- short form edit

MrsJKMrsJK Posts: 463
We got married in Clearwell castle on 8th January and it was magical.

Im still not sure if I should do a report, this site was such a huge help to me in the planning so in the mean time here is the short edit flim of our day- its less than 4 minutes long but we believe it was the best money we spent on the day.

The cinematographer is Jeff Wood who was amazing before the day, on the day and afterwards. I can not recommend him enough. Any questions fire away or PM me

http://vimeo.com/19753243

Here is the fabulous Jeff's website

http://www.jeffwoodvisuals.com/

• SadSack83SadSack83 Posts: 1,700
    Stunning. I even got a little bit teary! Your OH is lovely! Your dress is beautiful too.

Congratulations and look forward to reading your report should you decide to do one!
  • NowMrsMackNowMrsMack Posts: 2,535
    OMG so gorgeous! I also got teary. Its so gorgeous! And you look gorgeous too!
  • oh my, i shed a tear too, what a gorgeous wedding video, and you looked amazing! xxx
  • That was so beautiful, thank you for sharing!
  • fraggle11fraggle11 Posts: 1,683
    i had a lump too!

congratulations xxx
  • Wow hun that was fantastic.

We too have 'Maybe' as one of our readings but i'm sure yours has a few extra lines, could you please email me the reading you used please.

x x

[email protected]
  • love your dress! I'm also considering maybe as a reading and hearing it on your video has confirmed that I want it, will show H2B your video tonight and hopefully he'll agree! x
  • So very beautiful, and filled with love.

May that love and joy in each other be with you both for the rest of your lives!

Scrumsh
  • cbtb0706cbtb0706 Posts: 168
    OMG so excited for your report,can't wait to get married at Clearwell were the staff really good on the day? xx
  • MrsJKMrsJK Posts: 463
    Thank you for your lovely words! Maybe suited us perfectly.

Clearwell were amazing, could not fault them!

Will mail the reading now loubylou

• NMG2BNMG2B Posts: 295
    How gorgeous! I'm crying like a baby here! COngratulations!

N x
  • hi MrsJK - how tall were your candlelabras
    Thanks, we love it!

Our candelabra were 78cm and we put normal dinner candles in them (I think 22cm).
  • Ms_NatalieMs_Natalie Posts: 1,997
    Awww, that was amazing...I was almost sobbing!

Gorgeous! I thought hubby did a great job too...it really set the video off!

Congrats image
  • rach270rach270 Posts: 231
    aww hun lovely video! i shed a tear watching i cant wait till my day comes at this lovely venue!!! 8months to go and counting lol! u all looked amazing many congrats again xrachx
  • cottie2bcottie2b Posts: 218
    Awww wow! What a video! And what a speech! Fab!! You looked gorgeous xxx
  • very beautiful x
  • NowMrsMaggsNowMrsMaggs Posts: 1,823
    Amazing! If anyone watches it and doesn't get a tear, they have a heart of stone!
  • totally loved the video! you looked gorgeous, huge congratulations! x
  • Absolutely beautiful video image
  • That was such a great video! was also very teary x
  • Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! I shed a few tears lol! What was your dress, its lovely! xx
  • mrskg2013mrskg2013 Posts: 1,192
    Hi... Your wedding video is amazing!! ....Sorry if this sounds rude.. But we are thinking of booking with Jeff Wood for our videography.. however dont know how much he is charging people.You dont have to tell me if you dont want to, im just trying to f8igure out whether what we have been quoted is right. We have been quoted £3000?

Is this about right?

This is for Long Form? I dont even know what long form is? Bit confused. As it says from 1600 on his website.

Thanks

Kathryn
    I agree about the emotion of the edit, that is why we chose Jeff Wood.

Hi kathryn, he is a bit more expensive than some but I think if you look at the competition you will see that you get what you pay for.

£3000 does seem expensive, how many edits have you been quoted for and when is your wedding? We only paid for one cimematographer (Jeff), for 8 hours and only the short form edit and he was a lot cheaper than £3000!

Long form is the longest edit at around 40 minutes, medium is around 12 and short 3-6.
    Would be for long form and 2 cinematographers and for 10 hours.

I really dont know if 3000 is too much. I really like his work, and by far its alot better than every videographer we have seen. We are getting married in 2013, however Jeff said he would do it at 2012 prices but they are from 2000 and international prices are from 2500 so thought 3000 was a bit much, but not sure?

We really want to book him though. So confused as to what to do. We thought it would be about 2000, so bit shocked at the 3000 amount he has just quoted.

Thanks,

Kathryn x
  • OMG - I missed this post when you originally put it up and I've just sobbed through it twice!!! It is fabulous, you must be so pleased with it.

I'm probably more emotional as I am getting married at Clearwell in 64 days!!! So lovely to see what a wedding there is really like.

Getting excited and just a little bit emotional now!!
    Carrie you will have a fab time, couldnt fault the place.

Kathryn, the two cinematographers is why it is so expensive, I imagine. Get a quote for Jeff on his own, we did and it was more than enough!

Book him, it was the best money we spent on the day!
  • Absolutely stunning, Thankyou for sharing. Certainly got the tears rolling down my face. Such a perfect wedding :0)
    Hi, yeah i think we will be booking him, just recieved an email off Jeff explaining it all!. we love all the the work he has done.. so much better than any other videographers we have seen.

Thanks

Kathryn x
  • Just showed the video to H2B, he looked a little moist around the eyes - getting EXCITED!!!!