do u think this is a bad favour idea really struggling

Hi Everyone

Am getting married in Italy in june and i have sorted mens favours out and am giving the woman fans at teh church so they can use them through out the day but wanted to have something on the tables as well for the woman as i dont want to spend alot on them i thought of this

Almonds in Pillow boxs & a Jewled sparkley pen with a scroll of vintage paper as the theme is vintage romance or is this a bit rubbish ??

would you be happy with this or think not much thought had gone into it ?

• I went to a wedding in Tuscany in September and they did this. Its a tradition to give almonds in Italy and very much expected. My friend actually lives out there with her family and they have about 20 of them on a shelf image There big believer's in the good luck symbol of the almond.

The fans will be a godsend out there!! My Oh looked like someone had threw a bucket of water over him it was that hot.

I personally would love the keep sake pen image

The answer is yes I think there lovely x
  • you have nice ideas for your favors, it goes well with the tradition of the place as well as your theme.
  • JoeyClareJoeyClare Posts: 2,737
    I agree. I think they sound lovely and the fans will be very much appreciated!
  • HannikinsHannikins Posts: 1,046
    Almonds in net either as a pouch or shaped like a flower is very traditional. My husband is half Italian so it was a 'theme' of sorts at our wedding. We did home made limoncello image
  • Was it hard to make ? also how did you serve this is glasses or bottle it your selfs ?

thanks Girls think i will do the pen idea with almonds then and this only works out cheap for everything.

Just got to find the vintage paper to make scrolls now image
  • HannikinsHannikins Posts: 1,046
    not really, my FIL made it but the recipes I found online seemed simple enough. I served it in mini bottles like this and used them as place settings as well.