If you could give us bride to be's one tip, what would it be.....?

Title says it all really!!! If you could give us one tip for the day or the build up to the day, what would it be? image

Xxx

• GabblarGabblar Posts: 156
    After you get married, find a moment alone to enjoy with your husband and reflect on becoming husband and wife and enjoy every moment because it will go,so quickly. x
  • MrsTwizbeMrsTwizbe Posts: 3,349 New bride
    don't stress over things going to plan on the day - they wont. Remember that only you and your bridal party know what should happen, everyone else only knows something is wrong by your reaction. Go with the flow and make sure you enjoy and savour every moment.
  • Have a moment with your husband and take time out together

Dont worry about your guests and whats gone wrong etc
  • Be prepared that not everything will go to plan. Don't freak out when something goes wrong!
  • RowenaFWRowenaFW Posts: 2,078
    No matter how organised you are, the guests will be shambolic. Let them be shambolic. Who cares?
  • LJ25xxxLJ25xxx Posts: 50
    Make a real conscious effort to remember saying your vows to each other, as nerves and excitement take over you may look back and really struggle to recall the most important part of the day!!!!
  • lyndadavis3lyndadavis3 Posts: 537

Don't stress on the little things image I missed out lots of small details I thought I wanted to do - but only you will know! Everyone else will thing everything is marvellous anyway...and after a few beverages they will have difficulty remembering the big details never mind the smallimage

• Go for what you want, even if it's an extra cost because afterwards you'll regret not doing it! If you can afford it, stop analysing it and just go for it. We had a magician as a last minute splurge and it went down really well and couldn't imagine the day without him!

Book things as far in advance as you can, we didn't have a choir because we left it too late to ask the vicar to organise it.

• flower88ukflower88uk Posts: 1,350

i think my best advice would be to get everything sorted at least a month before your big day so you have more time to enjoy the build up of the day, also after getting married spend lots of time with your new husband, and yes it does feel strange being a wife for the first month or so ... lol 

• Mammy MooreMammy Moore Posts: 333

enjoy every minute of the big day as it flys by soooo quick, i heard loads of people say this before i got married but never actually thought it could go past as much as it actually did, soo just sit back relax and enjoy every minute of your special day image

• Remember that is about sharing the day with the people who care about you and they will have fantastic time no matter what happens
  • DrBridezillaDrBridezilla Posts: 1,018

Don't forget about VAT!!! 

• Take your time walking up the aisle - it is your big moment, take your time and take it all in x

• Don't equate DIY with it being cheaper - if you don't have the basic tools to start off with it can work out very expensive.  Also don't underestimate how long these things can take too!  I'm making my own flowers and started well in advance as I knew they would begin to annoy me after a while (which they are at the moment!) so I have put them away and doing other things instead at the moment.

• NowMrsB2012NowMrsB2012 Posts: 4,835

I agree with everything that has been said so far.

I would include:

Dont spend time worrying about the weather, I PROMISE you it will not make the slightest bit of difference if it rains. Trust me, I know, I got married Jubilee Weekend lol.