Dreamy Wedding

Greetings everyone,

I do not know if I am allowed to post a link here, but I would love to do this anyway, and would love even more, if you could share, promote or even chip in a bit.

Best Wishes everyone, N

http://www.indiegogo.com/WeddingOfJoy

• Jog_OnJog_On Posts: 90
    Why are you asking US, people who are trying to fund our OWN weddings, to fund yours when we don't even know you? image
  • Like I said I am asking you to even just share, maybe do such a thing for you own wedding, No need to hate, I know we all want unforgetable weddings, and we can get them by supporting each other
    I'll contribute to yours if you contribute equally to mine
  • JodielouJodielou Posts: 4,058
    What's more important- the marriage or the wedding day?

You say that you would've 'gotten in to debt if you had to' in order to buy an engagement ring and it seems as though you think there are a lot of other things you have to have on the wedding day too. You don't have to have them, and if you can't afford them you can't have them!

It's lovely that you want to give your B2B the best day of her life, but there are many people on this forum (me included) who've had to scale down their vision and aren't getting help from their parents either. You're not automatically entitled to a fairytale wedding! Your fiancee was aware of your financial situation when she said 'yes'.

I suggest you have the wedding you can afford now, or save up for the wedding you want in a few years time.

I'm sorry, but I'd rather donate my hard-earned money to a worthier cause, like a charity for instance.
    Quoted:
    What's more important- the marriage or the wedding day?

You say that you would've 'gotten in to debt if you had to' in order to buy an engagement ring and it seems as though you think there are a lot of other things you have to have on the wedding day too. You don't have to have them, and if you can't afford them you can't have them!

It's lovely that you want to give your B2B the best day of her life, but there are many people on this forum (me included) who've had to scale down their vision and aren't getting help from their parents either. You're not automatically entitled to a fairytale wedding! Your fiancee was aware of your financial situation when she said 'yes'.

I suggest you have the wedding you can afford now, or save up for the wedding you want in a few years time.

I'm sorry, but I'd rather donate my hard-earned money to a worthier cause, like a charity for instance.

Ditto everything she said!
  • MRMRS2014MRMRS2014 Posts: 1,279
    I feel exactly the same as jodielou, We can't have the wedding we want but are having the wedding we can afford and we are still having to save up for two years for it. As long as we become husband and wife with our families beside us, it doesn't matter about the rest.
  • You know what, I think this is in really poor taste.. I am not in any way rich either, in fact quite the opposite. To pay for my wedding I am selling nearly everything I own of any worth, including my childhood beanie baby collection which I wanted to pass on to my own children. Me and my mum have been making card toppers and scrapbook kits so we can sell them on eBay and are working our asses off for it, we aren't looking for handouts off complete strangers and to be honest I am insulted by your post. image
  • doorstopperdoorstopper Posts: 1,674
    OP, seriously, a wedding website isn't the best place to post this. We're all (or mostly) skint from trying to pay for our own weddings, so I'm not sure why you think we'd be able to contribute to yours, even if we wanted to! You'll get more sympathy (and $$) elsewhere...
  • SLD12SLD12 Posts: 179
    Bollocks am I contributing to some stranger's wedding when I'm trying hard to stick to a budget for my own wedding.

BTW, I would be totally mortified if my fella resorted to scrounging off strangers on the internet, it is wrong on so many levels.
  • Can't believe how cheeky that is..!
  • hairbySEhairbySE Posts: 34
    if your dream is to have a amazing wedding go to your local church or reg office and u can get married for as little as £500 or less then go out for a meal with ur friends and family and get them to pay for them self's .

you will be married at the end of the day to the one you love but not have all the bills to pay at the end , do all the little things with DIY and will mean more , it not all about the money it about sharing it with the people you love not the big show you can put on
  • PollyAnne3PollyAnne3 Posts: 239
    Ask family and friends to chip in, hire a village hall for the reception and have a picnic theme and ask them to all bring their own picnic... don't ask complete strangers to fund your wedding!! I've sat making bridesmaid bracelets today cause it's cheaper than buying them! last thing I am going to do is pay for a stranger to have the so called wedding of their dreams... To be honest I would not be shocked if this turned out to be some kind of con....
  • Sazzlepants1Sazzlepants1 Posts: 413
    Like others have said, I would be horrified if my OH did this!

We're proud that we are saving ourselves, and have been reluctant to take any help of other people, and us working so hard for our own day is going to make it so much more special!

I think it's disgusting you have posted on this site! We are all hardworking, and trying our hardest to save, some of us for years and years!

If you can't afford things, then I wait! Save up, don't spend more than you can afford! If my OH bought a ring for me he could barely afford I would have made him take it back and get one he could afford!

Do what everyone else is doing in here! Save! Do it yourself!! Stop embarrassing yourself!
  • MaylanMaylan Posts: 9,604
    Why am I not surprised that no one has contributed?

Cheeky, outrageous and, last but not least... TL;DR...
  • PeasnCarrotsPeasnCarrots Posts: 1,831
    Hahahahahahaaaaa this bloke is hilarious! *cringe*
  • doorstopperdoorstopper Posts: 1,674
    Something else I forgot to say

LOL
  • thirdthingthirdthing Posts: 582
    totally stunned.
  • This is just shocking, especially given where it has been posted. We've planned a wedding based around our budget; yes we're not just having a ceremony, but that's because we can afford to go a little further with our celebrations.

In particular, if you're both students and are dead set on a 'proper do' as opposed to simply getting married (that's the bit that really matters, after all), why not wait until you finish your studies and have some money to pay for it yourselves?

GRRRRRRR!
  • JodielouJodielou Posts: 4,058
    Quoted:
    What a con, hopefully nobody falls for this and parts with their hard earned money for this idiot.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a total sham and there wasn't even a wedding tbh! image
  • Stephb1986Stephb1986 Posts: 2,536