Our happy ever after xxx

So I'm finally married, one week as Mrs Craig tomorrow! I'll try not to bore you all to much but I always love reading how everyone meet image

We first meet at Hadlow college where I was studying equine science and he was doing his degree in fisheries management at the sweet age of 16 bless! I'd love to say it was love at first sight but sadly not. I was loud and gobby, he was quiet and reserved. Neither of us can ever remember even speaking to each other.   2007 Fast forward 4 years, a lot of growing up done and we were both back visiting friends at the college for a Halloween party. We had a little chat and a few drinks which lead to some chatting and flirting on Facebook. Eventually he plucked up the courage to ask me out and we had our first date at the Hadlow Christmas ball. Little picture for you, awful quality.  

From new year we were inseparable. Soon after came my 21st birthday, he gave me a puppy 'tilly' our little princess and told me he loved me for the first time. In the summer we went on holiday for his 21st, loads of weekends away and just enjoying being a young couple.    New year 

Tilly

Daves 21st

I had two show jumpers that cost me a fortune and were a huge part of my life, so living together was just never an option we considered. We were young and enjoying living with parents and being care free but that was about to change. In September after a bad fall from my horse we found out I was 13 weeks pregnant and our world was turned upside down. Things changed and quickly, Dave freaked out about me riding the horses and we made the decision to sell Orlando and rent our own house. We had to grow up and fast   My boys and my 1st loves

• MrsCraig xxxMrsCraig xxx Posts: 637

We were now living in our new house and in march Harrison arrived, wow we were a little family. I was very keen to now be engaged but we both agreed owning our own place was more important. In November we exchanged contracts on a new 2 bed apartment which is where we still live now.  

By now I'd completely forgotten about getting married. We were busy living our life in our new home. I was back at work and we were loving being parents. Then on valentines day I woke to find my living room filled with balloons, flowers and candles. My little boy was wearing a baby grow asking the all important question. Lots of tears and a yes then we were engaged  

• yay castlebride cant wait to read more from this thread.... keep it comming I now have 3 days off so i need something to read  image x

• RinaGeeRinaGee Posts: 753

MORE, MORE, MORE - That proposal is awesome!!

• TadpoleTadpole Posts: 2,134

Awww that is so very lovely!! Congratulations on your marriage! Looking forward to reading the rest! xx

• cherrydropcherrydrop Posts: 904

Oh my god how cute is that!! Can't wait to read more image

Venue
    So now we were engaged, obviously I wanted to book the wedding right away. The only problem was no budget! For a couple of months we kind of forgot about a wedding but spoke occasionally about venue choice’s. I looked online but really there was only ever one choice. Cooling Castle barn in Rochester, it was 5 minutes from where I grew up and I used to ride my pony past when I was younger dreaming of one day being a princess there. At the end of July we booked an appointment to go and view it. Straight away we agreed it was perfect, the deposit was £500. We decided to just book it which meant we would have to learn to save each month. We then started talking about the ceremony. We decided to book the local church to where my parents lived. It's beautiful and was available on our date. Sorted.    As time went on we started thinking more about the timings of our day. This is when we came to the decision to hold our ceremony at the same place as our reception. This way all the little ones wouldn't have to be put in and out of cars and as we're not religious it seemed to suit our day better. Here's a few pictures of our venue  

Outside

Inside

• RinaGeeRinaGee Posts: 753

Wowzer - that barn is just WOW!

• XMXSXMXS Posts: 131

It looks amazing!!!!!! xx

The Dress
    Next came the dress or should I say dresses. This is we're the whole wedding look ended up changing. Originally I wanted modern, white & coral, gerbras and bling. Just the thought now makes me shudder, hope that doesn't offend but we all have different taste. I found a Enzoani dress I loved so booked an appointment to go try it. Then in the mean time I became rather obsessed with everyone's wedding reports on here, came accord a thread on here with pink next dresses. Straight away I loved them. I started to think that maybe pink and coral would be nice. Anyway being the hot headed person I am I jumped straight in and tracked down enough new dresses on ebay and extra dresses to make cravats. That was sorted or so I thought, more on that in a minute.

Pink Next dresses  

Then we moved onto my dress, I wanted something fairly simple. No tiara, no veil, not white. Went and tried the Enzoani and hated it, but i still had 20months to the big day so was in no rush to find anything. i tried on several others and feel in love with a sample gown which didn't fit. So we asked the all important question of how much it was new. Should mention my parents were paying for my dress and accessories, we'd set a reasonable budget of £1500 for everything. The dress was £2295. I passed it aside but my mum kept going back to it. After trying several more I tried it back on just had the feeling that it was the one. The only doubt was the colour of the lace as it was champagne, but we paid there and then and I was to go back a year later to have my measurements taken.   

Enzoani 

My dress- Lyn Ashworth Fiona

So I'd choose a princess dress with lace basque, veil and tiara. My whole wedding began to change in my head. Which lead to a change of heart with the bridesmaid dresses, so on eBay they went. The hunt for new ones began. With five adult bridesmaids I didn't want to spend a lot, so I started looking on the high street but nothing was right. Looked at dessy but so expensive. Started looking online and found some I liked, took them gamble and ordered them all slightly to big, thought that way they can be altered. Simples! 

New bridesmaid dress  

A year past, everything was planned. I went for my measurements and still loved the dress but still had this niggling feeling about the colour, kept thinking I should be wearing white/ivory. Then one late night at work I was having a little nose on the Lyn Ashworth website and saw they'd released the new collection. I had an actually heart in mouth moment. There was a dress very similar to mine in ivory, I honestly wanted to cry. So a week before Christmas I contacted my bridal store who I should just add we're AMAZING to see if there was any chance of changing the colour. The lady said she'd ring Lyn Ashworth and ask but as they'd had my measurements 6 weeks it was likely they'd started making my dress. Anyway many emails, calls, fabric samples and a trip to Hertfordshire to try a dress later I had my dress ordered. It was to be a cross between Fiona pictured above and Mae pictured below

It was now all coming together. Then it all went wrong, the Friday before our wedding I collected the altered bridesmaid dresses. When we tried them on they'd been altered so badly I just sat and cried, we had 5 days to go and 5 ruined dresses. Rather than sitting and stressing, I got in the car with 2 bridesmaids and hit bluewater. 2.5 hours later we'd spent £900 in coast and 5 new dresses. Disaster averted!  

New dress

• LittleRed_10LittleRed_10 Posts: 1,453

I've been looking forward to this!

• I've been waiting for this image can't believe they ruined your bridesmaid dresses so close to the wedding!! xx

• Oh Yay!!! Loving it so far, kepp writing Mrs image

Love the proposal, your little boy is lush

Stationary and DIY
    Straight away I knew I wanted make my own stationary. I thought it would cut costs as we were ‘supposed’ to be having a budget wedding, boy was I wrong. I spent a fortune on pearlised card from cardsandpockets.com but I don’t regret it as everyone comment on how beautiful the invites and stationary was. I made everything to match and it took forever!

Save the date

Day invites

Evening invites

Wedding day stationary

Table numbers

Table menus

Table plan

Post box sign

Guest book

Name places on Cox and cox baubles

Stationary inspiration from The paper doll 

Some pictures of the stationary from the day. Some are guest photo's so the quality isn't great

• Beccie1011Beccie1011 Posts: 802

Moooorrrreeeeeeee!! image xxxx

• Beautiful report so far, can't wait for the rest. imageimage

Sorry ladies, been a very busy wifeyimage

Favors
    We thought long and hard about this. I liked loads of different ideas, I thought about doing the traditional almonds and as I like what they stand for. Then I really liked the idea of making homemade chocolate spread in little glass jars with 'spread the love' labels. We eventually decided on charity pins. One of my best friends husband was diagnosed with bowel cancer last February, he was only 28 and was given just hours to live. Thankfully over a year on his still here and fighting harder than ever. So we ordered silver pins with pink stones for the females and blue for male, we made cards for them to go on explaining them and had them tucked into the napkins.

Children’s favors
    We had 12 children at our wedding ranging in age from 2months to 11 years. We didn’t want to give a pin to the children but were stuck on idea’s. Then I saw Clare Jeffery’s (now Marks) thread with Willy wonka bars as there favours. This was perfect, we did this and the winner of the golden ticket won a huge box of wonka goodies. The winner was the oldest child who also didn’t have a bag of table presents as his 11 and has also been going through a rough time at school image

Childerns bags
    I wanted each of the children to have loads to keep them entertained at the table. We werent allowed colouring pens or pencil as they damage the table clothes. I bought each of the children crayola colour wonders and loads of other bits and bobs. We put them all in personalised bags we made to match the stationary.

Little girls

Older girls

Little boys

Baby boys 

• Cajo2013Cajo2013 Posts: 361

I adore your stationery, well done you for making it all. And your proposal was so cute, love it! Congrats xxx

Ok so here we defiantly went overboard but I don't regret it one bit. Firstly we have hubby’s presents. I bought a box of goodies that were given to him the morning of the wedding as well as a huge box of lucky charms. In his box he had Calvin Klein boxers, socks, Dolce & Gabbana The One aftershave, Don’ts for husband’s book, black & silver fish cufflinks and wedding rubber ducks. Our little boy loves rubber ducks. Hubby's main present was a beautiful oak fish tank which he loves. 

Bridesmaids presents
    Two days before the wedding I spent the day in my mums salon with my 5 bridesmaids, mother of the bride and mother of the groom. Was a lovely day getting our nails, toes and eyelashes done. I gave them there presents while we were there. They each had a tracksuit with bridesmaid on, white Haviana flip flops, a white vest top. This was all the wear the morning of the wedding. Then they had there clutches for the day, pearl earring, pearl bracelet and pink bubbly Vaseline.

Ushers and best man
    We gave each of the ushers, best man and father of the bride cufflinks and socks. We also gave the best man a tie pin.

Older flower girls
    Each got a bottle of Disney princess perfume. Pearl studs, bracelets and necklaces. They had these just before the ceremony.

• MondayBride2014MondayBride2014 Posts: 1,134

Love this thread!! Can't believe the bridesmaids dresses! I would have been heartbroken! Well done you just rushing out and buying more! Keeping calm!!image

Your stationary is gorgeous too!! I actually saw that you had sold some bits and I wanted to see how you'd used them! I love the charger plates! I'm not sure if you're showing to mention them but where did you get them? Were they supplied by your caterer? I'm looking for the same in gold!! image xx

Little flower girls and Page boys
    The girls got a talking Minnie mouse each and the boys got a Duffy bear with book. This was such a great idea. When I arrived they all came out to see me, I cried when I saw them all dressed up. Then I had to go and speak with the registrar. By this point he kids were getting restless, they all sat on the floor of the barn and opened their presents. Literally the sweetest moment, unfortunately no one got a picture.

After the sppeches we gave out presents. First we asked all the children to check there chocolate bars for a golden ticket. George won as planned and he was so chuffed. We gave each of our Ushers and best man a personliased Cadbury chocolate bar and nice card. The adult bridemaids had personlised frames with there name and our wedding date on then the kids had really cute box frames. Literally the best things I have ever had made. I loved them. The page boys had cards like the Ushers and I made cards for the flower girls and bridesmaids.

They frames were made by a lovely lady at DMI Design at a fraction of the price to the ones on Not on The High Street

https://m.facebook.com/#!/dmi.design.crafts?__user=100002284519497

Page boy, Usher and best man cards

Flower girl and bridesmaids cards

Bridesmaids frames

Flower girl box frames

Page boy frames

We bought really nice frames for My Mum and his and brought my dad donut shape chocolate from crispy cream. We also gave a small gift of the sanctuary bits to my friend who helped loads and to Hubbies aunt who made our wedding cupcakes.

Thank you card and present

Our wedding day was also my mother in laws birthday so we had her a cake made and the day after was one of the ushers birthday so we had one made for him that we gave him at breakfast the day after.

Present time

• :D:D Posts: 1,805

Everything looks fabulous! Everyone must of had a fantastic time image I was wondering where you got your Wonka bars from, as I bought 5 off ebay (for pupils who are doing particularly well at school) but the chocolate was not that great.

• What an amazing proposal!!!! Can't wait to read more. 

Xxx

Venue decoration
    We choose to get married indoors and have the barn quiet simple. We hired a perspect stand and had a huge pedestal of ivory flowers on it. An Ivory isle runner with silver lanterns either side and several white wicker hearts hanging from the banisters. On the ceremony table we had cox and cox candle sticks and a silver pumpkin vase of flower

In the main barn we had 6 round tables and a long top table. On the top top table we had champagne swagging a flower centre peice of pinks and ivory roses and peonies. Then on either end a mercury pumpkin vase of flowers with mercury tealights. On each of the tables we went for silver candelabra's with the same flower. Simple framed table numbers and Menu's matching our stationary. We also hired charger plates which everyone commented on and I think really set off the look. The plates were hired from Couvert in Surrey. They were really easy to deal with and a good price.

The wedding day 

The night before I spent the nightat one if my bridesmaids house ate loads if Chinese, drank wine and watched DVDs.

We set our alarms for 7am but I woke at 5. I wasn't nervous but I wasn't excited either, kind of just didn't feel real to be honest

At 7.30 I went to my mums to have my hair and make up done. The girls all went too the  salon to get there's done. This meant I could have a nice peaceful bath and chill with some Buck's Fizz. Was perfect image

• giddy-kippergiddy-kipper Posts: 521

Wow..it all looks stunning. Keep posting.x