Mr and Mrs Beau - Our Gorgeous Summer Wedding

2»

• MrsBeau2BMrsBeau2B Posts: 1,513

Accessories..

I knew from day 1 that i wanted to wear a veil - it was important to me, so deciding to wear one was easy. Deciding what type wasnt! Originally i bought a hip length two tier lace edge veil to go with my Demetrios dress and i loved it, but i just didnt think it went with my new Dabra. I tried on a beautiful hip length Joyce Jackson veil on with her in the shop, but again something wasnt quite right. The assistant suggested i tried on a full length veil and mentioned that the Joyce Jackson veil came in a longer version, called Antigua, they just didn have it as a sample.. i was sold! It really made the look complete!

Then onto the other bits. I bought the lovely glitzy secrets heirloom of pearl side tiara, as i dont like the 'princess' look of front tiaras.. im not a princess, i'm a bride! I found some gorge earrings to match too.

Now for the garter.. as with the veil, i knew i wanted to wear one, but thought at the most i would wear it till it annoyed me and then i would take it off. It was more for tradition and liking how pretty they are that i wanted one, but as it happened, it was so comfy i kept it on all day!

I got one from the lovely Love From Miss Darcy and asked them to change the bow on their bronte garter to a blue one - it arrived and i was so thrilled with it!

My something old, borrowed and blue was my Nans diamond and sapphire ring that was made for her by my grandad and passed down to my mum when Nan passed away last year.

This was the bracelet that i was going to wear, until i walked into my suite the afternoon before the wedding and found that Mr.Beau had arranged for a gift to be left in the room for me when i arrived image

Mr Beau had decided from the start that he wanted to be in a  traditional style morning suit along with his 5 best men (They are all his best friends, and he really couldnt pick between them, so we had 5, but no ushers!).

I felt slightly bad that so much was being spent on me, and he just had a hired suit! So i made up for it a little with a bad of gifts, including a watch, some cufflinks and a few fun things. He loved them all and was really touched - he wasnt expecting anything!

My BM's were my sister and best friend - two amazing ladies who have always been there for me and really made the planning process easy. I didnt want traditional BM dresses, and instead we went for these from Whistles, but removed the sleeves. They looked fab on the day, especially with the beautiful flowers!

I let the girls have free reign over their hair and makeup - i know they both have very good taste and thought they looked amazing on the day! I bought them some earrings as a thank you, and put together a little bag of small goodies too

Stationary.

We decided that we wanted really simple invites for our wedding, as i find nothing more frustrating when we get an invite, when a hundred bits of paper fall out! So we wanted a simple card with a web address for all theextra  info people would need. For anyone not online, we called them and checked they were ok with everything.

I looked into making them myself, but not being very craft minded, i soon decided against it! Thankfully i found Little Love Notes on here, who made some lovely invites for us. Our venue has some beautiful old tulip trees in its grounds, so we decided on a simple tree design and they looked fab! I added the heart stamp to add a little something.

The talented Little Love Notes also made us some orders of the day, menus and table numbers, they all looked really fab on the day!

We made sure to keep one of each of these and i have them in our wedding keepsake box image  along with one of the confetti pouches i made

Flowers.

We were in the very fortunate position of having an amazing florist in our family, who helped us massively with the flowers - they were beautiful and just what i had pictured, even though i am a complete dunce when it comes to blooms! I wanted something very pretty and erring towards a sort of hand picked look, but neater if that makes sense! In purples and ivories, with greenery. I am not personally keen on 'block' colours for the flowers and like something a bit more interesting, so these were just perfect

That post above reminds me - i forgot to talk about shoes!!

I am a complete shoe lover and initially found it quite hard to find a pair i liked. Had to be high, with a little sparkle and definately peep toe... i was online one day and stumbled across the Julia shoes by Menbur. Reduced from over £100 down to £50ish, i went for them and they were perfect. I added some shoe clips to add a little something  - i loved them and got loads of compliments! I must have been asked 20 times to show some of my female guests my shoes, so dont think they dont matter just because they are hidden under a dress!!

Needless to say, after a day of tramping about in the grounds and dancing the night away, none of those shoes look quite as clean and pretty anymore!! image

• Aww yay, love seeing the stationery in action! Would you mind if I shared the pics on my Facebook page? With credit to your photographer of course!

Your flowers are absolutely beautiful - I love the colours. Big fan of the shoes too!

Of course you can - just a shame we didnt get more pics with them all in! I think i have a couple with a menu in, will have a look tonight.

Our Photographer was Daniel Pearn-Rowe at 31 Down photography.

• Hi, me again! I tried your dress again yesterday, very in love with it, mum isn't so need to work on her, your photos might helpimage Where did you get your dress? I have tried it in Bicester. Did you have a bustle put in for the evening or did you just sweep around? That's one of my Mums concerns, how I will manage in the evening and the shop aren't sure if it can be bustled? 

Your flowers are also really beautiful. looking forward to reading more! 

Emx

Oh yes you can Bustle it, Stunning Bride in High Wycombe did it for me, it was £35! It was quite fiddly to put up but not all that complicated. I didnt bustle it until around 10pm, and that was mainly due to a couple of people having split drinks on the dancefloor and i didnt want the train to be dragged through it (The venue were good at cleaning any spills, but couldnt be there all the time!) so i wouldnt worry about the train, i barely noticed it.

It really was my dream dress, so gorgeous and comfy! Defo work on your mum!

Flowers were from Pinks in Hazelmere if you are interested!

Ok, i have been rubbish at updating this, so am going to go straight to the main event!

The day before, Mr.Beau and i parted ways so that he could drop our things at the venue, and i could collect my dress and make my way to the venue as i was staying there. The week before was bliss, everything was sorted and i just loved being at the beauticians and generally getting excited! I had all my waxing, tanning and nails done, got my haircut and did lots of girly stuff with my bm's and mum.

I left some gifts for Mr.Beau, and told him not too peek until the wedding morning... but he couldnt resist and opened them the night before. I didnt mind at all and was so happy when he said he was bowled over by the gifts image. It was surreal saying goodbye to him for the last time, but also really lovely.

I then went to pick up my dress and the ladies in the shop showed us how to bustle it up for the evening, then it was off to the venue!

When i got to our suite, i walked in to find that Mr.Beau had arranged for a gift and card to left in the suite with some champagne  - he got be a beautiful pearl bracelet that i wore on the day.

Then it was time to go for some dinner at a local pub with my bm's and parents, where we had some prosecco and a good chat and meal

We went back to the hotel after our meal - i had also given my parents and BM's their gifts. Earrings and goody bag for the BM's, gorge Highland Angel cufflinks for dad and a beautiful glitzy secrets brooch for mum!

The BM's and i went back to the suite and watched Bridget Jones' Diary and generally faffed about, until we decided to try and get some sleep!

Thankfully i slept ok.. very excited but oddly calm.. i think being at the venue helped, as i knew i wouldnt be stressed for time in the morning and i had everything i needed, and all our bits for the day were already in place.

I woke quite early, around 6.30.. and decided to get up and enjoy some quite time just for me before the madness was due to start at 9 with the arrival of the makeup and hair dream team! We had organised breakfast to be brought up to my suite at 8.30, so i showered and read my kindle for a bit, and looked out the window across the grounds a lot.. as it was bloody pouring with rain! We were prepared for bad weather, but in all honesty i was a bit gutted.

Our brekkie of eggs benedict, waffles, pastries,tea and toast arrived and the girls joined me and consoled me about the weather. Once the dream team arrived i'd stopped thinking about it and was feeling happier, especially after some champagne!

We all got ready, and the beautiful flowers arrived!

My girls helped me into my beautiful dress, and Mum and Dad arrived too.. it was nearly time for the day to start.. and the SUN came out!!! image

Me and my dad

Quick chat with the registrar and it was time!!!

Our wedding co-ordinator came up to tell us that everything was ready, so off we went downstairs.. i was so calm, it was so strange - i thought i would be a bag of nerves!

My BM's went in front of me

Then it was my turn!

The aisle was a bit of a squeeze, we had so many guests! But it was great. I couldnt see Mr.Beau at first, then i spotted him!

The ceremony was short, but lovely (We both wanted a short ceremony!) and we became Mr and Mrs!

First Kiss time!

Thank you so much - we got a few of the first kiss, i was so pleased! image

Will update more later.. housework is calling! image

Main event over, was time for a few piccies

• Beautiful pictures!

I love the bridesmaid dresses, were they bought quite a while ago? Im going to a wedding next weekend and that dress would be perfect! Xx

We bought them from Whistles in Dec 2012, and they were in the sale then, so reasonably unlikely they would still be stocked! They also had sleeves which we removed and got rid of the horrible chiffon patches from the shoulders and replaced with lace, so they look a bit different too!

• Yeah iv noticed. Ebay has them on for ??65 if I get ill be doing the same, they look gorgeous xx

Oh great, didnt think of ebay! They are gorge dresses, so well made, just didnt look right as Bm dresses with sleeves in summer!

Right.. after a little break (read almost 3 months!) time to finish this report!

After the ceremony, we all headed out onto the terrace for some drinks, canapés and pictures. We had arranged for prosecco, sparking rose, largers and soft drinks for everyone and they went down a storm in the lovely sunny weather!

Our fab photographer and his lovely assistant then whisked us off for a few pics, before our toastmaster starting rounding up people for the group pics.

We had some garden games out on the lawn - giant jenga and croquet, which kids and adults loved!

I actually really enjoyed this bit as me and Mr.Beau could enjoy a bit of time together and we could watch everything going on from our quiet spot on the edge of the gardens with the photographer.

I will say that one of the best things we did was book our photog and an assistant - she was so helpful, holding my dress and arranging it, holding our drinks etc etc.

After more pics and a few glasses of fizz, we headed in for the breakfast. We had picked a menu of duck terrine, chicken stuffed with chorizo and veg, and baileys cheesecake plus veg option of soup, mushroom and asparagus vol au vent and fruit salad. The food was lovely and everyone was stuffed!

The only downside to our venue (or so we thought) was that due to numbers, we had to split the guests across two rooms, which although connected, were ultimately two different rooms! We were worried how it would work, and had decided to each eat a course of our meal in the second room, with a table of our guests  - the look on their faces when we came in to eat with them was priceless and they really appreciated it. It was nice for us too to sit and chat properly with some friends. So don't write a venue off just because of a minor point! image

• Yay, glad you're finishing your report! The food sounds delicious.

Thank you LLN! image

So after we had all eaten and drank (and some people were already quite merry! image) It was speech time. Ours followed the standard order of my dad, Mr.B and then the best man/men.

My Dad gave a lovely speech and really enjoyed giving it - thankfully I managed not to cry but there were a couple of close calls. Mr.B had rehearsed his speech with me before so I knew most of it, but of course he added in some lovely things about me that I hadn't heard image

Then it was the best mans turn.. As Mr.B had 5 best men, we assumed just one would do it, as they had all asked for specific jobs. During the morning, one of the best men had been avidly studying a piece of paper, which we assumed was the speech and he was nervous about it.. They totally threw us off the scent and we couldn't have been more wrong, as all 5 had a part, and they did an amazing judge and jury trial of the groom  - it was fab and so funny!