What did everyone do after the wedding breakfast.......?

...and before the evening entertainment?

I am wondering what to do in the lull before the evening entertainment? I know some people disappear off to get changed or freshen up but what did all you newlyweds do? I want to enjoy my guests rather than disappear off for an hour but wondering if guests will get bored while waiting for the evening enertainment to start? Any suggestions?

• Mrs_AmandaMrs_Amanda Posts: 3,284
    we timed it so that the band started right after the meal ended
  • brentuk1brentuk1 Posts: 3,071
    we just chatted with our guest but because we didn't have a proper evening reception it was quiet nice - we just had music playing in the background so people could just mill around and chat or just sit quietly or if they wanted they could dance - it was just the way we wanted it to be.

xx

Samantha xx

• bashasukbashasuk Posts: 258
    Mrs L, that sounds just like I want our evening to be. We aren't having an evening 'do' as such but we have invited some friends and colleagues along to the hotel for drinks and we are serving sausage and bacon baps and wedding cake.

we just want everything relaxed and informal.
  • brentuk1brentuk1 Posts: 3,071
    Tipsy1 it was exactly what we wanted no pressure and the hotel provided a selection of Chinese spring rolls, sandwiches, pork pies, wraps with either chicken, cheese or veggie inside.

it was great and i've not had the people who where there say anything bad about it - we only had 53 people there and it was lovely

xx

Samantha xx

• ellybeeellybee Posts: 1,381
    We just milled around, chatted with guests, had a few drinks, had a few minutes to ourselves in bridal suite looking out of the window at everyone, people played croquet on the lawn, went on the bouncy castle, chilled out with tea and coffee and drinks form the bar. It was really nice!

We had about 3 hours before evening thing "kicked off" with disco beginning as we'd got married early to have a longer day but it honestly didn't drag and no one had any complaints (and I've asked people who would have told me if they did!). I know a couple of people had a nap and some had a little walk in the woods on the estate where we were married.

Ahhh, have made myself go all mushy agan!

Hope that you enjoy your day, I bet it'll be great.

Liz

XXX
  • Thanks for the tips ladies.
  • kht1468kht1468 Posts: 1,079
    We didn't have a break as such, as most people weren't staying where the recpetion was, so we ran everything on. The meal was timed for about 5pm, but ran late due to the speeches, so as we were finishing up the evening guests were arriving and the band were starting up.

We then had food coming out at 8.30pm, and a chocolate fontain starting at 9pm. We had surprise fireworks at 9.30pm followed by sky lanterns and a fire juggler with more live music after that til 2am.

It was such a good night - many drunken people but they all said how good it was afterwards.

Kathy x